Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Roll Call for Team AKG
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Roll Call for Team AKG - Page 72

post #1066 of 1294
Quote:
Originally Posted by megawhacko View Post

K702 Annies here biggrin.gif 

A27Wp6ml.jpg

so pretty. 

Same here!
post #1067 of 1294
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

lol, you say that as though most headphones these days aren't over-priced.  

 

(and Momentum is cheaper than K267 *trollface*)

 

The 267 is so unique sounding and it is a real shame that the set is so vastly overlooked by audio junkies.  This is the only artist branded headphone I am aware of that doesn't fail miserably.  This is an excellent headphone and I feel bad it didn't get any attention because of that.  Its nothing like I expected.  Silky smooth, great sense of space and air, good height and depth, lacking width, very intimate and forgiving all around.  Pretty much the exact sound type real DJs want.  My review of the Tiesto lineup will be appearing soon.  

 

Here is an artsy shot of the 67 just for giggles.  

 

 


Edited by 24Bit - 11/5/13 at 11:36am
post #1068 of 1294
Quote:
Originally Posted by megawhacko View Post
 

K702 Annies here :D 

 

A27Wp6ml.jpg

 

so pretty. 

 

Spotify! :p

post #1069 of 1294
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post

Spotify! tongue.gif

I use Spotify to find music and for casual listening then usually download flacs of stuff I really enjoy and listen with musicbee :-)
post #1070 of 1294

Q701 are my new found favorite for an open headphone and the new K545 for portable/closed headphone. Here are some pics of the K545 :)

 

 

 

post #1071 of 1294

Gotta love the modern AKG look, nice pics too!

post #1072 of 1294
Updated herd:

Q701. Replaced shorted out K701s. Near perfect, still clear but with much needed warmth.

K550. The prefect can if you don't want any one part of the music to stand out. Easily driven off of portable devices. You'll find the bass response somewhere in your basement.

K67 Tiesto. Impressive clamping force and isolation for a portable. Very smooth. Not what I expected from a celeb/DJ can. Much more then just bass.

K240 Studio. Has it's flaws but still the most musical hundred dollars I've recently spent.
post #1073 of 1294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeDylie View Post


Same here!

+1! 

post #1074 of 1294

In order (left to right)

I came from Bose to AKG because of my friend's K167.

Then I started loving AKG!

 

Previous: K551, K701, K550

Now: Q701, a second K550

Future: Probably a third K550 

;) 

post #1075 of 1294

added two more vintage jewels to my collection:

 

- (almost) NOS K60 from 1968

- rarely used K340

 

haven't tested them yet, will do so when i get home.

post #1076 of 1294
I wanna try the K812. Like, really bad. I just got to listen to the K1000's and they were probably the most impressive headphones I've heard. They DEFINATELY wow'ed me the most of any can.
post #1077 of 1294

i hope this the right thread to ask this question but I'll ask anyway. does the akg k 240 get uncomfortable after awhile? I'm asking because there are a few reviews for the 142 on amazon where people say it was uncomfortable to wear and that the 240 and 142 are kind of the same design so i just wanted to know.

post #1078 of 1294
Q701 here. First decent cans... first of many? Probably... with encouragement from you lot, yes.
post #1079 of 1294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakko View Post

Q701 here. First decent cans... first of many? Probably... with encouragement from you lot, yes.

 

Welcome to Head-Fi mate! And sorry for your wallet, enjoy!

post #1080 of 1294
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdsofSteel View Post
 

i hope this the right thread to ask this question but I'll ask anyway. does the akg k 240 get uncomfortable after awhile? I'm asking because there are a few reviews for the 142 on amazon where people say it was uncomfortable to wear and that the 240 and 142 are kind of the same design so i just wanted to know.

K142 is ON-EAR

K240 is OVER-EAR

The difference in comfort is quite big. The K240 you could wear all day. The K142 you couldn't.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Roll Call for Team AKG