Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Go-Vibe 5: WTF!Mate?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Go-Vibe 5: WTF!Mate?! - Page 36

post #526 of 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3rtis View Post
I'm just curious. Now with my go-vibe v5, when I am adjusting volume it makes a scratching noise which is audible through my headphones. Is this normal? It didn't do this originally.
Nothing to worry about, the "noise" only occurs while sweeping. Once you set the volume there is no "noise".
post #527 of 536
I started noticing as well, but concur with mrarroyo's assessment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
Nothing to worry about, the "noise" only occurs while sweeping. Once you set the volume there is no "noise".
post #528 of 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
Nothing to worry about, the "noise" only occurs while sweeping. Once you set the volume there is no "noise".
'course.
post #529 of 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
'course.

Yes and if you do not like it tough luck. Various amps at different price ranges make a noise while the pot sweeps and it is not a big deal.

However it is no longer getting old but it is old that you take every opportunity to slam dunk the Go-Vibe 5. It is interesting that of all the users/owners/posters you are the only one to have made a crusade of criticizing this amp.

Why don't you keep your sarcasm to yourself.
post #530 of 536
Was it sarcasm? I just felt like you had mistaken my meaning.

The only pot found in portable amps about which I have had such complaints is the Alps RK097. For instance - the blue pots with an identical shape to this Alps that you find in Xenos amps don't make any noise, besides being smoother to turn. The Panasonic EVJ pots don't seem to be noisy as well, and again turn smoothly. Seems like it's just the RK097 to develop those noises so quickly. That's my point - you see, I didn't need to mention the Go-Vibe at all.
post #531 of 536
lol, xenos had to appear somewhere - sorry andrea, but you did kind of fall into that one

TBH andrea does have a point - it would be weird for a pot to make absolutely no noise whatsoever given its effects on the circuit. It's just the physics. sure some designs make it less obvious, but you will always have it given the right ears+equipment.
post #532 of 536
can someone direct me to a thread, that has some different pros & cons
on various amp's such as the :
Go-Vibe 5
RSAhornet
Xin Supermacro

value wise, to the trained ear, can they spot a huge difference or next to nothing in just those 3 amps alone, im interésted only in who thinks is the best over all portable amp.

( im searching for this type of thread but cant find it, it may have backtracked to far??)

P.S im still very happy with my GV5,maybe when i get the elpac it might be enough to drive my 701's to the high levels im after, fresh batteries nor do rechargeable's give it enough.

I hopefully have a tomahawk comming soon, but untill then id like to get peoples opinion about the GV5 and the hornet for start, as i know so few people have listened to the tomahawk yet. and im not expecting it to drive my 701's either..
post #533 of 536
Hey, I'm thinking about ordering a go-vibe 5/5s to use with my Westone UM2s and 5g iPod. I'll need a line out connector as well, I guess. Anyone have any experience with the go-vibe and the UM2s? I'm not necessarily looking for a life-changing difference, the iPod's internal amp just sounds so whimpy and noisy. Will the go-vibe be a good match?
post #534 of 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by *645-k701 View Post
can someone direct me to a thread, that has some different pros & cons
on various amp's such as the :
Go-Vibe 5
RSAhornet
Xin Supermacro

value wise, to the trained ear, can they spot a huge difference or next to nothing in just those 3 amps alone, im interésted only in who thinks is the best over all portable amp.

( im searching for this type of thread but cant find it, it may have backtracked to far??)

P.S im still very happy with my GV5,maybe when i get the elpac it might be enough to drive my 701's to the high levels im after, fresh batteries nor do rechargeable's give it enough.

I hopefully have a tomahawk comming soon, but untill then id like to get peoples opinion about the GV5 and the hornet for start, as i know so few people have listened to the tomahawk yet. and im not expecting it to drive my 701's either..
Skylab wrote one, see: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216903

Vorlon1 and I wrote another, see: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203445
post #535 of 536
my rig: ipod 5.5 80 gig with grado sr-60 (what can i say, im new here)

my choices: ibasso t1 or govibe v5 (along with power sources, cables, and pocket docks, i dont plan to spend more than $100 for the entire thing)

im leaning much more towards to govibe after going through this thread, but can anyone give me a definitive answer or comparison between the two? muchas gracias.
post #536 of 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by reorx View Post
my rig: ipod 5.5 80 gig with grado sr-60 (what can i say, im new here)

my choices: ibasso t1 or govibe v5 (along with power sources, cables, and pocket docks, i dont plan to spend more than $100 for the entire thing)

im leaning much more towards to govibe after going through this thread, but can anyone give me a definitive answer or comparison between the two? muchas gracias.
Dont know about the ibasso, but the Go-Vibe is great. Got it with the AD8610/8620 option and I love it with my d-Jays. Would probably work great with the Grados.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Go-Vibe 5: WTF!Mate?!