Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Go-Vibe 5: WTF!Mate?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Go-Vibe 5: WTF!Mate?!

post #1 of 536
Thread Starter 
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=191463
post #2 of 536
I think there's going to be a lot of suprised/happy head-fiers. I was lucky enough to own a headsave classic and go-vibe v3 and thoroughly enjoyed both. So, I'm glad he's back and wish Norm the best of luck this time around.
post #3 of 536
Thread Starter 
I use a Go_Vibe3 currently, can't seem to muster the courage to buy something better like the usual suspects. And it being the first Headphone amp holds a certain fondness in my black heart. I've already sent for more info and pics.
post #4 of 536
I've sent Norm an email asking what he needs from me to get my order in process. Considering I've been using the same gear for almost a year and haven't had any serious upgraditis.....is this the beginning of a downward spiral?

Can't wait to hear back from him....

Joe
post #5 of 536
Cool, a DC jack! Too bad it doesn't recharge the batt as well, tho I can't complain if you can get 75 hours out of one battery, sheesh, that's good life. I never had a problem with a single Go-Vibe - good stuff!
post #6 of 536
nice! had i not just recently purchased a PINT and a supermini, i'd be all over this (who am i kidding...i might get one anyway). i loved the go-vibe 3 and hope many will feel a bit of the go-vibe as well...
post #7 of 536
I owned a home-vibe, sweet amp. I really want one of these.

BTW, Norm is a great guy. Super-Duper Service!
post #8 of 536
Cool!!
Im still using a govibe II and am very happy with it.

Garrett
post #9 of 536

Go-Vibe rides again!

It's great to see the Go-Vibe available once again to the public!

The original Go-Vibe was my first amp, and I still use it today with my iPod. Now that it's up to v5, I can only assume that it puts mine to shame (certainly looks a lot nicer).

Anyone looking for a portable amp needs to seriously take a look at this amp.
post #10 of 536
I think the go-vibe needs a new name though. I don't want people to misunderstand when I said I used my go-vibe for 4 hours last night.
post #11 of 536
Ah man, of course when I don't have a job, there is a reintroduction of the Go-Vibe I have a Go-Vibe V4 w/AD8397 (one of 50 I understand? ) I would really like to hear the V5 with the LM6171 OP-Amp that's whats in the Headfive, and I really been enjoying the Headfive.
post #12 of 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewport
I think the go-vibe needs a new name though. I don't want people to misunderstand when I said I used my go-vibe for 4 hours last night.

I don't see how there can be a misunderstanding. Everyone knows that the go-vibe is a device that takes in the signal of the kind of rhythm you want, amplifies it, and provides power to the devices that actually generate the physical vibrations.
post #13 of 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by cclragnarok
I don't see how there can be a misunderstanding. Everyone knows that the go-vibe is a device that takes in the signal of the kind of rhythm you want, amplifies it, and provides power to the devices that actually generate the physical vibrations.
Heh you obviously never googled Govibe (let's just say I'm glade my V4 isn't engraved )
post #14 of 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
Heh you obviously never googled Govibe (let's just say I'm glade my V4 isn't engraved )
LOL. I see that the other govibe is capable of generating the physical vibrations by itself. However, it cannot compete with the flexibility of the Go-Vibe V5, which can let your devices vibrate in a limitless number of ways depending on the input signal.
post #15 of 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiro
I think there's going to be a lot of suprised/happy head-fiers. I was lucky enough to own a headsave classic and go-vibe v3 and thoroughly enjoyed both. So, I'm glad he's back and wish Norm the best of luck this time around.
It looks like Norm's using a specific opamp, and apparently no rolling this time around. IMO that seriously limits the appeal of the Go-Vibe... one of the main attractions (IMO) was the ability to roll opamps at such a low price point. I for one will not be buying it, nor recommending/disrecommending it to anyone.

P.S. Norm's been in & out of the amp business how many times now? Bit of indecision there, Norm?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Go-Vibe 5: WTF!Mate?!