In addition to the Supermicro, I still have the Supermacro IV that Xin kept asking me to send back for tweaks. (I'll have to see if I still have his email explaining what he did.) The Supermacro is the one with the four switches (It's ABC, if I remember correctly). I also have one of his Sony FM stereos that he modified and that attached to one of his first amps (almost square with a digital volume). Some of these may qualify for the antiques road show! The amazing thing is that they all still sound so great!
Related Forum Threads
- Anything in current production that can match the Xin SuperMicro (size/quality/price)? Last post on 4/21/11 at 9:15am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Xin Super Macro IV: Board layout / schematic needed for repair Last post on 8/6/10 at 3:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp For AKG K240 MKIi Last post on 8/12/12 at 8:24am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Acknowledgment This review unit was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Penon Audio. This review was originally published here. Introduction I’m a regular watcher and poster on...
I know a lot of people say a DAC is a DAC is a DAC, but I’m not one of them. A DAC’s chipset and its implementation, among other things, play a very real role in determining how it sounds....
Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival ! - Page 263post #3931 of 39578/9/12 at 5:23pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3932 of 39578/9/12 at 5:43pmYep. Impedance, Amp gain, Bass boost and Crossfeed. His amps were so far ahead of the curve for the time. What a shame that he just vanished. I have had almost every amp of his after to original Headroom Airhead which I assume must have been about 10 years agopost #3933 of 39578/9/12 at 6:50pmQuote:
I was going to say the same thing. Maybe he just burned out. Too much work for just one man.post #3934 of 39578/9/12 at 9:03pmpost #3935 of 39578/9/12 at 11:03pmpost #3936 of 39578/10/12 at 1:40amQuote:
How in the world did you ever make contact with Xin, after all the time he's been AWOL?post #3937 of 39578/10/12 at 1:43amQuote:
In March 2011 I was at 3 years, so I guess it's 4.5 years now waiting for my Super Mini IV. In Jan 2009 Xin told me it would ship in a month, and I never heard back.post #3938 of 39578/10/12 at 11:07am
It was weird, I was having problems with my supermini iv, randomly I emailed him not thinking he would respond, he responded told me to send it to him, he sent it back within a month, very happy
post #3939 of 39578/10/12 at 2:36pmpost #3940 of 39578/10/12 at 3:34pmpost #3941 of 39578/10/12 at 4:27pmI may be wrong but I think Xin was first with micro sized amps, surface mount circuits, dual and quad amps with buffers and was fully user tunable.
The amp in his reference amplifier was the size of a dime and can drive the Hifiman HE6 with amazing sound quality. A headphone that I use 100 watt speaker amps to drive.post #3942 of 39578/11/12 at 3:06ampost #3943 of 39578/11/12 at 7:36pmpost #3944 of 39578/17/12 at 6:51amQuote:Originally Posted by sunneebear
I may be wrong but I think Xin was first with micro sized amps, surface mount circuits, dual and quad amps with buffers and was fully user tunable.
The amp in his reference amplifier was the size of a dime and can drive the Hifiman HE6 with amazing sound quality. A headphone that I use 100 watt speaker amps to drive.
Makes me want to put some batteries in my Supermacro IV and see how it works with the HE500s! A weekend project.post #3945 of 39578/17/12 at 7:59pm
- Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Westone W80 22 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › LIME EARS US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - LE2, LE3SW, and Aether >>>... 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear