- 7,751 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Location: Woody Point, QLD, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Anything in current production that can match the Xin SuperMicro (size/quality/price)? Last post on 4/21/11 at 9:15am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Xin Super Macro IV: Board layout / schematic needed for repair Last post on 8/6/10 at 3:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp For AKG K240 MKIi Last post on 8/12/12 at 8:24am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival ! - Page 262post #3916 of 39572/6/10 at 2:09amthis thread should always still be around to serve as a warning to people to not place an order with xin, his site is still up and accepting orders, so as long as that is the case this thread should be kept alive. just the fact that he still has the site up with payment info is a sign to me that there is no doubt the man is a thieving gypsy. sure some people have received refunds from him, but only some and if he were truly just over worked, then surely removing the ability to make orders would be a good idea?? no??
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3917 of 39572/27/10 at 8:57amToo bad it had to turn out this way. I bought a Supermini IV back in Jan. '08, well before he disappeared. I received it in 3 months (and at the time I thought THAT was a long wait). I've been using it regularly since then and I don't have any complaints. It's a great portable amp. Maybe this was his plan all along. Build up a good reputation, and then disappear while scamming as many people as possible.
What brings me back to this Xin thread is, recently I started hearing some static/audio cutting in and out when inserting and moving my headphone jack around. I'm not sure if it's my Ety's or the amp itself, but just in case, I'm looking for potential repair options. I searched for Xin and this is one of the threads I found. There's no way in hell I'm sending my amp back to Xin, though.post #3918 of 39572/27/10 at 3:03pmSmart move.
Xin is on the "do not buy from list". Even though it is a mystery why Xin has vanished off the face of the earth, most people who have asked for their money back, have received it. I got mine back in late 2008, and people have reported getting a refund as close as this past Christmas.
So, although I, as a Moderator would highly not purchasing form him until he is back on track (which is stating the obvious, but for nooB's this advice can be quite helpful), he is not a crook, unless there are people who have requested a refund and not gotten it and I don't know about it), but obviously, he is going through a bad patch which has disabled him from being a current amp builder.
But for those of you who need a repair, I would recommend highly, that you do not send your unit back to him, unless you have definitive correspondence with him, and he has assured you a timeline, and no money exchanges hands until you receive your unit back.
Like in the case with Mikhail's amps, others need to be sought out, that are capable and willing to fix a portable.
Maybe someone who has found somebody, can chime in here and make recommendations based upon their own personal experience and not just "hearsay". If Xin has posted his schematics somewhere on the web, then a decent troubleshooter should be able to figure out the cause of the problem (broken trace, bad resistor/capacitor or even a bad charging circuit).post #3919 of 39572/27/10 at 3:22pmpost #3920 of 39573/3/11 at 10:03ampost #3921 of 39573/3/11 at 1:51pmQuote:
Did any money actually go out or did you give a card number for the order?post #3922 of 39573/3/11 at 10:34pm
I placed an order 3 years ago for a SuperMini IV and haven't been charged for it or seen it yet. I haven't canceled the order either, just in case, but the card I used expires soon...post #3923 of 39573/3/11 at 11:19pm
I don't like the IV as much as the previous one. Too bad my 3 was converted to a IV. I found the sound of the previous version to be more alive.
I remember when I was at Xin's house and in his work area there was a long stacked line of packages that were amps to be fixed or updated. I wonder what ever happened to those? There must have been 30 or more. My LE was in there as well but I never saw it again.
Edited by jamato8 - 3/3/11 at 11:21pmpost #3924 of 39573/4/11 at 9:44am
I still marvel at the SuperMicro. Not the most beautiful and sturdy of amps, but amazing sound for something so small. I still use it in rotation with RSA Shadow and P51. I haven't used my SuperMacro IV in ages. Maybe it's the eight batteries and having to charge them. Portable amps have become so much lighter....
I really wonder what happened to Xin. I used to email him back and forth quite a bit back in the day....and then nothing.
Jamato, you hear from him, right?post #3925 of 39573/4/11 at 10:33amQuote:
I used my card through pay pal, and it was charged. I emailed the contact email requesting a refund the other day but I have a feeling I'm going to be calling paypal and having them issue a charge-back for the purchase.post #3926 of 39573/4/11 at 2:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by kiwirugby
Jamato, you hear from him, right?
No. He doesn't reply any longer. A friend of his in China hasn't heard from him in a couple of years. The thing I got from him was some adapters to use the HA5002 in a standard socket. Even that surprised me. I once emailed him and he thought I was coming by his house and he said simply, "sure".
When I would visit him he always had out sheets of op amps and studied all of them to get to the ones he liked best. One book he had compiled of pdfs was over 2 inches thick of just op amps! There were other issues that I can't go into, but his main love was/is computers.post #3927 of 39573/4/11 at 5:33pmQuote:
I have a couple of large caps that was used for the Reference. Instead of leaving it there for nothing my brother stucked it on his supermicro4. Yes he cap is almost the size of the amp but hey, its still small. Amazing amp with or without the extra cap.post #3928 of 39578/8/12 at 4:54pmpost #3929 of 39578/8/12 at 5:29pmQuote:
You win the most patient person on earth award.
But I feel sorry for youpost #3930 of 39578/8/12 at 10:43pmQuote:
LOL, waiting for you to pump this thread when your waiting time reaches 10 years.
- Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 22 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Announcement: The Edition 6 is Dead 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Echobox Explorer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone? 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear