- 7,751 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Location: Woody Point, QLD, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Anything in current production that can match the Xin SuperMicro (size/quality/price)? Last post on 4/21/11 at 9:15am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Xin Super Macro IV: Board layout / schematic needed for repair Last post on 8/6/10 at 3:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp For AKG K240 MKIi Last post on 8/12/12 at 8:24am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
- Headphone Impedance
Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival ! - Page 262
What brings me back to this Xin thread is, recently I started hearing some static/audio cutting in and out when inserting and moving my headphone jack around. I'm not sure if it's my Ety's or the amp itself, but just in case, I'm looking for potential repair options. I searched for Xin and this is one of the threads I found. There's no way in hell I'm sending my amp back to Xin, though.
Xin is on the "do not buy from list". Even though it is a mystery why Xin has vanished off the face of the earth, most people who have asked for their money back, have received it. I got mine back in late 2008, and people have reported getting a refund as close as this past Christmas.
So, although I, as a Moderator would highly not purchasing form him until he is back on track (which is stating the obvious, but for nooB's this advice can be quite helpful), he is not a crook, unless there are people who have requested a refund and not gotten it and I don't know about it), but obviously, he is going through a bad patch which has disabled him from being a current amp builder.
But for those of you who need a repair, I would recommend highly, that you do not send your unit back to him, unless you have definitive correspondence with him, and he has assured you a timeline, and no money exchanges hands until you receive your unit back.
Like in the case with Mikhail's amps, others need to be sought out, that are capable and willing to fix a portable.
Maybe someone who has found somebody, can chime in here and make recommendations based upon their own personal experience and not just "hearsay". If Xin has posted his schematics somewhere on the web, then a decent troubleshooter should be able to figure out the cause of the problem (broken trace, bad resistor/capacitor or even a bad charging circuit).
Did any money actually go out or did you give a card number for the order?
I placed an order 3 years ago for a SuperMini IV and haven't been charged for it or seen it yet. I haven't canceled the order either, just in case, but the card I used expires soon...
I don't like the IV as much as the previous one. Too bad my 3 was converted to a IV. I found the sound of the previous version to be more alive.
I remember when I was at Xin's house and in his work area there was a long stacked line of packages that were amps to be fixed or updated. I wonder what ever happened to those? There must have been 30 or more. My LE was in there as well but I never saw it again.
Edited by jamato8 - 3/3/11 at 11:21pm
I still marvel at the SuperMicro. Not the most beautiful and sturdy of amps, but amazing sound for something so small. I still use it in rotation with RSA Shadow and P51. I haven't used my SuperMacro IV in ages. Maybe it's the eight batteries and having to charge them. Portable amps have become so much lighter....
I really wonder what happened to Xin. I used to email him back and forth quite a bit back in the day....and then nothing.
Jamato, you hear from him, right?
I used my card through pay pal, and it was charged. I emailed the contact email requesting a refund the other day but I have a feeling I'm going to be calling paypal and having them issue a charge-back for the purchase.
Jamato, you hear from him, right?
No. He doesn't reply any longer. A friend of his in China hasn't heard from him in a couple of years. The thing I got from him was some adapters to use the HA5002 in a standard socket. Even that surprised me. I once emailed him and he thought I was coming by his house and he said simply, "sure".
When I would visit him he always had out sheets of op amps and studied all of them to get to the ones he liked best. One book he had compiled of pdfs was over 2 inches thick of just op amps! There were other issues that I can't go into, but his main love was/is computers.
I have a couple of large caps that was used for the Reference. Instead of leaving it there for nothing my brother stucked it on his supermicro4. Yes he cap is almost the size of the amp but hey, its still small. Amazing amp with or without the extra cap.
You win the most patient person on earth award.
But I feel sorry for you
LOL, waiting for you to pump this thread when your waiting time reaches 10 years.
- Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 5 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 9 seconds ago
- › Civilian 6n2+fu32 tube headphone amp 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-R10 Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 2 minutes ago
- › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)