Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival ! - Page 2

post #16 of 3957
ordered SuperMicro IV June 17, 2006. No hint of delivery date yet.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #17 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfyCan
ordered SuperMicro IV June 17, 2006. No hint of delivery date yet.
No love for us Micro's.
post #18 of 3957
Ordered super mini IV June 15, CC charged July 15. As of today no amp, no email replys from Xin.
post #19 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy
Ordered super mini IV June 15, CC charged July 15. As of today no amp, no email replys from Xin.
I emailed for some tehnical support and the man Xin himself replied the next day. Perhaps he ignores email concerning orders?
post #20 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chri5peed
I emailed for some tehnical support and the man Xin himself replied the next day. Perhaps he ignores email concerning orders?
this was the case for me too. i had a question about opamp rolling before i ordered the amp. he replied a day after my email. but after i ordered, i asked him about delivery date and got no reponse. i guess he really didn't know when he can start shipping the amps out and telling us that he didn't know would hurt his reputation as a business person.
post #21 of 3957
Yeah but I thought that having you cc charged was the indication he had shipped you order. I guess maybe the upgrade threw that off? Because he wont respond to my email I have no idea if he shipped my amp, and it got lost in trasit.
post #22 of 3957
here's the latest from dr. xin on his website:

"Orders placed on 7/1 or earlier will mostly be shipped this week. These orders were actually processed more than a week ago, but I stopped shipping right after, due to the latest tweaks. Sorry I did charge the credit cards as I was not expecting such a holding of shipping.

Although the changes are big on sound, they look almost no difference.

The SuperMacro-IV amps shipped on 7/24 have all the critical changes except one last tweak. This last tweak is not critical at all and you may send them back for free upgrading at no rush if you do want the sound to be perfect (really 3D sound stage without any stress)."
post #23 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluren
here's the latest from dr. xin on his website:

"Orders placed on 7/1 or earlier will mostly be shipped this week. These orders were actually processed more than a week ago, but I stopped shipping right after, due to the latest tweaks. Sorry I did charge the credit cards as I was not expecting such a holding of shipping.

Although the changes are big on sound, they look almost no difference.

The SuperMacro-IV amps shipped on 7/24 have all the critical changes except one last tweak. This last tweak is not critical at all and you may send them back for free upgrading at no rush if you do want the sound to be perfect (really 3D sound stage without any stress)."
d'oh! 7/05 order...maybe next week?

i'd hate to get these 7/24 SMs since i would always feel just a bit inadequate without that last bit of tweaking...but then i'd be wary of sending it back only to wait another month...
post #24 of 3957
i know what you mean! everytime he announces a new tweak, we get the urge to send it back... but on his website, he said that its 99.9999% done. so looks like any new tweaks would improve sound at a minimal standpoint... i'm glad at least he's working on our orders now instead of tweaking the amp and our delivery dates...
post #25 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluren
i know what you mean! everytime he announces a new tweak, we get the urge to send it back... but on his website, he said that its 99.9999% done. so looks like any new tweaks would improve sound at a minimal standpoint... i'm glad at least he's working on our orders now instead of tweaking the amp and our delivery dates...
Its like computers. You could spend a lot of money on a cutting-edge model tomorrow or wait a few months and get the same computer for 75% of the price.
It doesn't matter when you get your Xin amp, it'll be behind the models being made by Xin the moment he sends yours out.
post #26 of 3957
Got my shipping notice today!
post #27 of 3957
Ordered end on June...no delivery info yet.
post #28 of 3957
Thread Starter 
So this is the summary so far and where we stand!

Summary

Slappy: June 15th (CC charged on 15th July)
Comfycan: June 17th
Skev13: June 22nd (got the shipping notice on 27th July)
robster: June 30 (Got an email for shipping within this week)
Kugino: July 5th
Kaushama:July 5th
Kugino:july 5th
883dave: July 7th
Nick Christy: July 11th
aluren: July 13
dslknight: July 20
Vorlon1: July 22

Important news:
1. Orders placed on 7/1 or earlier will mostly be shipped this week. (Xin)
2. The SuperMacro-IV amps shipped on 7/24 have all the critical changes except one last tweak. (Xin)

So Dr Xin is delivering the amps ordered during the last week of June and hopefully will finish the June batch within this week!! Keep your fingers crossed.
post #29 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushama
So this is the summary so far and where we stand!

Summary

Slappy: June 15th (CC charged on 15th July)
Comfycan: June 17th
Skev13: June 22nd (got the shipping notice on 27th July)
robster: June 30 (Got an email for shipping within this week)
Kugino: July 5th
Kaushama:July 5th
Kugino:july 5th
883dave: July 7th
Nick Christy: July 11th
aluren: July 13
dslknight: July 20
Vorlon1: July 22

Important news:
1. Orders placed on 7/1 or earlier will mostly be shipped this week. (Xin)
2. The SuperMacro-IV amps shipped on 7/24 have all the critical changes except one last tweak. (Xin)

So Dr Xin is delivering the amps ordered during the last week of June and hopefully will finish the June batch within this week!! Keep your fingers crossed.
Someone's a little anctious!
post #30 of 3957
Thread Starter 
Yes I envy you as you got the notice!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !