Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › foobar2000: Automatically fetch album covers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

foobar2000: Automatically fetch album covers?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Hey there,

Is there a way for foobar2000 to automatically fetch album art/coverts? That is, from Amazon.com or Walmart.com (or some other source). iTunes' GimmeSomeTune already does this, so surely there is something out like this for foobar?
post #2 of 10
no there isn't, but maybie the next version of foobar? Thad be nice
post #3 of 10
It takes me all of about 2 minutes to find a suitable album cover on google image search.
post #4 of 10
AlbumArtAggregator does this. It uses Amazon and Walmart.
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Patty
It takes me all of about 2 minutes to find a suitable album cover on google image search.
Say you have 100 albums. Then 2*100 = 200 minutes = 3.3 hours.

Re: Chri5peed: thanks will check it out.

While we're at it... is there something like ieatbrainz for foobar, which fixes incorrect tags and finds missing ones?
post #6 of 10
AlbumArtAggregator will find an unlimited number of album covers and put them in the relevant folder.
The only constraint is time and quite obviously you'll want to run through making sure they're all right.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chri5peed
AlbumArtAggregator will find an unlimited number of album covers and put them in the relevant folder.
The only constraint is time and quite obviously you'll want to run through making sure they're all right.
it also won't find everything... and some will be wrong (certain self titled albums tend to come up with other albums from same band)
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by necropimp
it also won't find everything... and some will be wrong (certain self titled albums tend to come up with other albums from same band)
Obviously, an unlimited number in that theres not a limit to how many it searches for.

I think you'd be pretty stupid to think a program which could be searching for 1000s of jpegs could be completely free of error. I found searching smaller chunks, i.e. artists was a good way.
post #9 of 10
I use Album. A. A. in foobar and after you initially set it up it very worth it. Adding albums as you buy cd's is not a problem at all. You just add an extra step. Rip, Covert, Find cover. Works great for me, and the library is huge. There were just a few albums I had to scan myself because I couldn't find covers even on google.
post #10 of 10
Heres a good program for finding individual covers.

http://www.slothradio.com/covers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › foobar2000: Automatically fetch album covers?