Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 656post #9826 of 1231110/14/13 at 12:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9827 of 1231110/14/13 at 12:28pmpost #9828 of 1231110/14/13 at 1:19pm
Well there's a guy in my college class with V-Moda LP2s. I bring in my M50s every day and when he used them he asked me where the bass is. I said the LP2s have too much and it muds up the mids in anything other than electronic. Not to mention the pads are way too small.post #9829 of 1231110/14/13 at 2:07pmQuote:Welcome to reality.post #9830 of 1231110/14/13 at 2:19pmpost #9831 of 1231110/14/13 at 2:21pmpost #9832 of 1231110/14/13 at 2:37pm
Ok Boys since no-one else is taking charge, I will, our first course of action is to pick a pair of Headphones that we can fully agree kick the arse of those gosh darn "B***s", BTW no M50's since those are basically sibilance-ridden cans that are okay (great imaging capabilities, meh everything else) at their price point.post #9833 of 1231110/14/13 at 2:40pmpost #9834 of 1231110/14/13 at 2:51pmAt my college I always see beats of all types, one or two m50s, a lot on cheaper sony on ears, some bose ie2, and a bunch of in ears and earbuds(a surprising number of them arent stock phone buds, but 20$ philips etc). Theres this one music producer I talked to because he had dt770 pro 80 ohms and i see him often. Other notable headphones are bose qc15s and ae2s I see somtimes, and Ice seen one b&w p5... not that bad I guess.post #9835 of 1231110/14/13 at 3:06pm
Just saw someone with a Harman Kardon CL.
And I've always found it great how so many young people have been joining lately. I discovered this place about six years ago when I was 13 and when I joined, I was one of the few(ish) young members, but now I think there are enough young people to actually make up a significant fraction of the active user base.post #9836 of 1231110/14/13 at 4:27pmQuote:
Nooo! You reminded me of something, but its too late! I was supposed to call AT about the WS99 today..post #9837 of 1231110/14/13 at 4:49pmpost #9838 of 1231110/14/13 at 8:17pmQuote:LP2s muddy vocals compared to the M100.Originally Posted by TheJesusGuy
Well there's a guy in my college class with V-Moda LP2s. I bring in my M50s every day and when he used them he asked me where the bass is. I said the LP2s have too much and it muds up the mids in anything other than electronic. Not to mention the pads are way too small.
Could EQ it. Imho M100 is better in every way than the LP2.post #9839 of 1231110/14/13 at 10:03pmQuote:
There are so many reasons I won't buy the GTA 5;
1) I don't have any gaming console that is compatible with GTA 5. My PC is suitable but running out of space... XD
2) if I buy GTA 5, what about headphones? Amp? DAC? DAP? (First audiophile world problem )
3) there's no good headphone in the game
4) I don't play a lot of games and I tend to spend more time with my gears
Yayyyyy! Good to see so many Head-Fiers here around my age
My suggestion for B***s alternative are as follow;
Ultimate Ears UE4000/6000
Sennheiser Momentum >post #9840 of 1231110/14/13 at 10:18pm
GTA 5 needs to hurry up and come out on PC.... Also, another young-ling (get it? Ling?) here I'm 17.
TheJesusGuy your profile picture is amazing. Doge meme lifestyle is by far my favorite.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Élan Tabletop Hi-Fi Console on Kickstarter 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Music production/gaming headhpones for 250-300? 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 3 minutes ago
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio presents The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...