And you're the most enviable one of all the minor Head-Fiers out here. You tend to go to more meets and get your hands on more high-end equipment than most Head-Fiers in general, let alone people who don't yet have legal standing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 656post #9826 of 1142610/14/13 at 12:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9827 of 1142610/14/13 at 12:27pmpost #9828 of 1142610/14/13 at 12:28pmpost #9829 of 1142610/14/13 at 1:19pm
Well there's a guy in my college class with V-Moda LP2s. I bring in my M50s every day and when he used them he asked me where the bass is. I said the LP2s have too much and it muds up the mids in anything other than electronic. Not to mention the pads are way too small.post #9830 of 1142610/14/13 at 2:07pmQuote:Welcome to reality.post #9831 of 1142610/14/13 at 2:19pmpost #9832 of 1142610/14/13 at 2:21pmpost #9833 of 1142610/14/13 at 2:37pm
Ok Boys since no-one else is taking charge, I will, our first course of action is to pick a pair of Headphones that we can fully agree kick the arse of those gosh darn "B***s", BTW no M50's since those are basically sibilance-ridden cans that are okay (great imaging capabilities, meh everything else) at their price point.post #9834 of 1142610/14/13 at 2:40pmpost #9835 of 1142610/14/13 at 2:51pmAt my college I always see beats of all types, one or two m50s, a lot on cheaper sony on ears, some bose ie2, and a bunch of in ears and earbuds(a surprising number of them arent stock phone buds, but 20$ philips etc). Theres this one music producer I talked to because he had dt770 pro 80 ohms and i see him often. Other notable headphones are bose qc15s and ae2s I see somtimes, and Ice seen one b&w p5... not that bad I guess.post #9836 of 1142610/14/13 at 3:06pm
Just saw someone with a Harman Kardon CL.
And I've always found it great how so many young people have been joining lately. I discovered this place about six years ago when I was 13 and when I joined, I was one of the few(ish) young members, but now I think there are enough young people to actually make up a significant fraction of the active user base.post #9837 of 1142610/14/13 at 4:27pmQuote:
Nooo! You reminded me of something, but its too late! I was supposed to call AT about the WS99 today..post #9838 of 1142610/14/13 at 4:49pmpost #9839 of 1142610/14/13 at 8:17pmQuote:LP2s muddy vocals compared to the M100.Originally Posted by TheJesusGuy
Well there's a guy in my college class with V-Moda LP2s. I bring in my M50s every day and when he used them he asked me where the bass is. I said the LP2s have too much and it muds up the mids in anything other than electronic. Not to mention the pads are way too small.
Could EQ it. Imho M100 is better in every way than the LP2.post #9840 of 1142610/14/13 at 10:03pmQuote:
There are so many reasons I won't buy the GTA 5;
1) I don't have any gaming console that is compatible with GTA 5. My PC is suitable but running out of space... XD
2) if I buy GTA 5, what about headphones? Amp? DAC? DAP? (First audiophile world problem )
3) there's no good headphone in the game
4) I don't play a lot of games and I tend to spend more time with my gears
Yayyyyy! Good to see so many Head-Fiers here around my age
My suggestion for B***s alternative are as follow;
Ultimate Ears UE4000/6000
Sennheiser Momentum >
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Grado Fan Club! 22 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 24 seconds ago
- › Easiest way to volume match during a ABx comparison? 37 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › New Headphones recommandations! 3 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Construction expenses falls 0.8% in August...
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2