Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 656post #9826 of 1231110/14/13 at 12:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9827 of 1231110/14/13 at 12:28pmpost #9828 of 1231110/14/13 at 1:19pm
Well there's a guy in my college class with V-Moda LP2s. I bring in my M50s every day and when he used them he asked me where the bass is. I said the LP2s have too much and it muds up the mids in anything other than electronic. Not to mention the pads are way too small.post #9829 of 1231110/14/13 at 2:07pmQuote:Welcome to reality.post #9830 of 1231110/14/13 at 2:19pmpost #9831 of 1231110/14/13 at 2:21pmpost #9832 of 1231110/14/13 at 2:37pm
Ok Boys since no-one else is taking charge, I will, our first course of action is to pick a pair of Headphones that we can fully agree kick the arse of those gosh darn "B***s", BTW no M50's since those are basically sibilance-ridden cans that are okay (great imaging capabilities, meh everything else) at their price point.post #9833 of 1231110/14/13 at 2:40pmpost #9834 of 1231110/14/13 at 2:51pmAt my college I always see beats of all types, one or two m50s, a lot on cheaper sony on ears, some bose ie2, and a bunch of in ears and earbuds(a surprising number of them arent stock phone buds, but 20$ philips etc). Theres this one music producer I talked to because he had dt770 pro 80 ohms and i see him often. Other notable headphones are bose qc15s and ae2s I see somtimes, and Ice seen one b&w p5... not that bad I guess.post #9835 of 1231110/14/13 at 3:06pm
Just saw someone with a Harman Kardon CL.
And I've always found it great how so many young people have been joining lately. I discovered this place about six years ago when I was 13 and when I joined, I was one of the few(ish) young members, but now I think there are enough young people to actually make up a significant fraction of the active user base.post #9836 of 1231110/14/13 at 4:27pmQuote:
Nooo! You reminded me of something, but its too late! I was supposed to call AT about the WS99 today..post #9837 of 1231110/14/13 at 4:49pmpost #9838 of 1231110/14/13 at 8:17pmQuote:LP2s muddy vocals compared to the M100.Originally Posted by TheJesusGuy
Well there's a guy in my college class with V-Moda LP2s. I bring in my M50s every day and when he used them he asked me where the bass is. I said the LP2s have too much and it muds up the mids in anything other than electronic. Not to mention the pads are way too small.
Could EQ it. Imho M100 is better in every way than the LP2.post #9839 of 1231110/14/13 at 10:03pmQuote:
There are so many reasons I won't buy the GTA 5;
1) I don't have any gaming console that is compatible with GTA 5. My PC is suitable but running out of space... XD
2) if I buy GTA 5, what about headphones? Amp? DAC? DAP? (First audiophile world problem )
3) there's no good headphone in the game
4) I don't play a lot of games and I tend to spend more time with my gears
Yayyyyy! Good to see so many Head-Fiers here around my age
My suggestion for B***s alternative are as follow;
Ultimate Ears UE4000/6000
Sennheiser Momentum >post #9840 of 1231110/14/13 at 10:18pm
GTA 5 needs to hurry up and come out on PC.... Also, another young-ling (get it? Ling?) here I'm 17.
TheJesusGuy your profile picture is amazing. Doge meme lifestyle is by far my favorite.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 seconds ago
- › Best DAC for under 250€? 37 seconds ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage/Current R2R DAC Owners Discussion, Insight, and Review Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 6 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...