Wah, my friend, another Head-Fier, spotted an AKG at the bus stop. At first I thought it was the black Q 701, but it looked something more like the K 272 with an all-black appearance. Too many of the AKGs look the same. -.-
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 650post #9736 of 1125210/6/13 at 2:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9737 of 1125210/6/13 at 2:17pmQuote:
Probably a K240? I own the K272 and have been trying to find replacement parts for them for a very long time. I don't think akg has different colored 272s.post #9738 of 1125210/6/13 at 3:08pmpost #9739 of 1125210/6/13 at 8:35pmpost #9740 of 1125210/6/13 at 9:01pmQuote:
My headphones are made of Graphene! It can only be powered by nuclearpost #9741 of 1125210/7/13 at 1:12amQuote:
you must be from berkeley then:post #9742 of 1125210/7/13 at 1:16amQuote:Originally Posted by ampair
you must be from berkeley then:
You never know
I didn't actually know they really exist xD good to know!post #9743 of 1125210/7/13 at 4:31amQuote:
Nuclear power reminds of me of Schiit portable amp they had for April fool's day.post #9744 of 1125210/7/13 at 7:23pmpost #9745 of 1125210/7/13 at 7:25pmpost #9746 of 1125210/7/13 at 7:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by electrathecat
Alas, I was not the daddy, but I am a father of a daughter on the Peninsula who will someday sport high-end cans in high school (rule: no crappy cans allowed in this family! And stay away from non-audiophile boys!). Unfortunately, she's only 22 months right now, so that day will be quite a while away, but I can't wait to pass on to her my L3000s (giving me an excuse to get the L10,000s that'll be out by then!).
My daughter is about 3 years younger than yours, lives on the Peninsula, and is the great granddaughter of the great Dr. Oskar Heil. She shall inherit all of his vintage audio equipment and the stories behind them. Like her great granpappy's ESS Mark 1 cans, in original box from 1976.
Edited by Heil Heir - 10/7/13 at 7:41pmpost #9747 of 1125210/7/13 at 9:09pmQuote:
Can't agree more! Kind of copy it from them hahaha xDpost #9748 of 1125210/7/13 at 11:35pmQuote:Wow? Isn't he some sort of important innovator of the microwave?Originally Posted by Heil Heir
My daughter is about 3 years younger than yours, lives on the Peninsula, and is the great granddaughter of the great Dr. Oskar Heil. She shall inherit all of his vintage audio equipment and the stories behind them. Like her great granpappy's ESS Mark 1 cans, in original box from 1976.post #9749 of 1125210/7/13 at 11:48pmHe also invented the "air-motion transformer" audio speaker technology  made famous by the amt1 speaker of ESS in the early 1970s.
The amt diaphragm is made of a mylar ribbon, bonded with conductive aluminum strips. It is equivalent in surface area to a conventional seven-inch cone type mid-range driver, but is accordion-folded down to a compact one and a half inch grouping for point-source dispersion. The low-mass diaphragm is suspended within a dipole magnetic field concentrating an intense field around said diaphragm. When signal current passes through the aluminum strips, the ensuing bellows-like motion of the folded pleats moves air five times faster than with a conventional cone driver. This rapid acceleration of air-motion is claimed to provide enhanced sound reproduction, including high dynamic range and over a broad frequency range.
*quoted from wiki
You, my friend, are the grandson of a great contributor to audio engineeringpost #9750 of 1125210/7/13 at 11:58pm
Seen a few M50s, Grados, shures, and hd 25 1 IIs around Vancouver.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 11 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 5 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for a vintage receiver 5 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS 6 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)