Wah, my friend, another Head-Fier, spotted an AKG at the bus stop. At first I thought it was the black Q 701, but it looked something more like the K 272 with an all-black appearance. Too many of the AKGs look the same. -.-
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My reviews are usually long winded and detailed, but in this review im keeping things short as this is not a high-end product by any means. I have had the Sansa Clip since June of last year, and...
In my humble opinion the Sennheiser HD600 is by far one of the best sounding dynamic headphones on the market period hopefully you'll agree with me at the end of this...
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9737 of 1204310/6/13 at 2:17pmQuote:
Probably a K240? I own the K272 and have been trying to find replacement parts for them for a very long time. I don't think akg has different colored 272s.post #9738 of 1204310/6/13 at 3:08pmpost #9739 of 1204310/6/13 at 8:35pmpost #9740 of 1204310/6/13 at 9:01pmQuote:
My headphones are made of Graphene! It can only be powered by nuclearpost #9741 of 1204310/7/13 at 1:12amQuote:
you must be from berkeley then:post #9742 of 1204310/7/13 at 1:16amQuote:Originally Posted by ampair
you must be from berkeley then:
You never know
I didn't actually know they really exist xD good to know!post #9743 of 1204310/7/13 at 4:31amQuote:
Nuclear power reminds of me of Schiit portable amp they had for April fool's day.post #9744 of 1204310/7/13 at 7:23pmpost #9745 of 1204310/7/13 at 7:25pmpost #9746 of 1204310/7/13 at 7:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by electrathecat
Alas, I was not the daddy, but I am a father of a daughter on the Peninsula who will someday sport high-end cans in high school (rule: no crappy cans allowed in this family! And stay away from non-audiophile boys!). Unfortunately, she's only 22 months right now, so that day will be quite a while away, but I can't wait to pass on to her my L3000s (giving me an excuse to get the L10,000s that'll be out by then!).
My daughter is about 3 years younger than yours, lives on the Peninsula, and is the great granddaughter of the great Dr. Oskar Heil. She shall inherit all of his vintage audio equipment and the stories behind them. Like her great granpappy's ESS Mark 1 cans, in original box from 1976.
Edited by Heil Heir - 10/7/13 at 7:41pmpost #9747 of 1204310/7/13 at 9:09pmQuote:
Can't agree more! Kind of copy it from them hahaha xDpost #9748 of 1204310/7/13 at 11:35pmQuote:Wow? Isn't he some sort of important innovator of the microwave?Originally Posted by Heil Heir
My daughter is about 3 years younger than yours, lives on the Peninsula, and is the great granddaughter of the great Dr. Oskar Heil. She shall inherit all of his vintage audio equipment and the stories behind them. Like her great granpappy's ESS Mark 1 cans, in original box from 1976.post #9749 of 1204310/7/13 at 11:48pmHe also invented the "air-motion transformer" audio speaker technology  made famous by the amt1 speaker of ESS in the early 1970s.
The amt diaphragm is made of a mylar ribbon, bonded with conductive aluminum strips. It is equivalent in surface area to a conventional seven-inch cone type mid-range driver, but is accordion-folded down to a compact one and a half inch grouping for point-source dispersion. The low-mass diaphragm is suspended within a dipole magnetic field concentrating an intense field around said diaphragm. When signal current passes through the aluminum strips, the ensuing bellows-like motion of the folded pleats moves air five times faster than with a conventional cone driver. This rapid acceleration of air-motion is claimed to provide enhanced sound reproduction, including high dynamic range and over a broad frequency range.
*quoted from wiki
You, my friend, are the grandson of a great contributor to audio engineeringpost #9750 of 1204310/7/13 at 11:58pm
Seen a few M50s, Grados, shures, and hd 25 1 IIs around Vancouver.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 45 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Small powerful DAC/AMP with USB DAC, volume control, low output... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Help to buy new MP3/MP4 please!! 3 minutes ago
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2