Wah, my friend, another Head-Fier, spotted an AKG at the bus stop. At first I thought it was the black Q 701, but it looked something more like the K 272 with an all-black appearance. Too many of the AKGs look the same. -.-
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift GuideLast edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 650post #9736 of 1041010/6/13 at 2:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9737 of 1041010/6/13 at 2:17pmQuote:
Probably a K240? I own the K272 and have been trying to find replacement parts for them for a very long time. I don't think akg has different colored 272s.post #9738 of 1041010/6/13 at 3:08pmpost #9739 of 1041010/6/13 at 8:35pmpost #9740 of 1041010/6/13 at 9:01pmQuote:
My headphones are made of Graphene! It can only be powered by nuclearpost #9741 of 1041010/7/13 at 1:12amQuote:
you must be from berkeley then:post #9742 of 1041010/7/13 at 1:16amQuote:Originally Posted by ampair
you must be from berkeley then:
You never know
I didn't actually know they really exist xD good to know!post #9743 of 1041010/7/13 at 4:31amQuote:
Nuclear power reminds of me of Schiit portable amp they had for April fool's day.post #9744 of 1041010/7/13 at 7:23pmpost #9745 of 1041010/7/13 at 7:25pmpost #9746 of 1041010/7/13 at 7:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by electrathecat
Alas, I was not the daddy, but I am a father of a daughter on the Peninsula who will someday sport high-end cans in high school (rule: no crappy cans allowed in this family! And stay away from non-audiophile boys!). Unfortunately, she's only 22 months right now, so that day will be quite a while away, but I can't wait to pass on to her my L3000s (giving me an excuse to get the L10,000s that'll be out by then!).
My daughter is about 3 years younger than yours, lives on the Peninsula, and is the great granddaughter of the great Dr. Oskar Heil. She shall inherit all of his vintage audio equipment and the stories behind them. Like her great granpappy's ESS Mark 1 cans, in original box from 1976.
Edited by Heil Heir - 10/7/13 at 7:41pmpost #9747 of 1041010/7/13 at 9:09pmQuote:
Can't agree more! Kind of copy it from them hahaha xDpost #9748 of 1041010/7/13 at 11:35pmQuote:Wow? Isn't he some sort of important innovator of the microwave?Originally Posted by Heil Heir
My daughter is about 3 years younger than yours, lives on the Peninsula, and is the great granddaughter of the great Dr. Oskar Heil. She shall inherit all of his vintage audio equipment and the stories behind them. Like her great granpappy's ESS Mark 1 cans, in original box from 1976.post #9749 of 1041010/7/13 at 11:48pmHe also invented the "air-motion transformer" audio speaker technology  made famous by the amt1 speaker of ESS in the early 1970s.
The amt diaphragm is made of a mylar ribbon, bonded with conductive aluminum strips. It is equivalent in surface area to a conventional seven-inch cone type mid-range driver, but is accordion-folded down to a compact one and a half inch grouping for point-source dispersion. The low-mass diaphragm is suspended within a dipole magnetic field concentrating an intense field around said diaphragm. When signal current passes through the aluminum strips, the ensuing bellows-like motion of the folded pleats moves air five times faster than with a conventional cone driver. This rapid acceleration of air-motion is claimed to provide enhanced sound reproduction, including high dynamic range and over a broad frequency range.
*quoted from wiki
You, my friend, are the grandson of a great contributor to audio engineeringpost #9750 of 1041010/7/13 at 11:58pm
Seen a few M50s, Grados, shures, and hd 25 1 IIs around Vancouver.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--application 20-26 December 2013 33 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 1 minute ago
- › Got new headphone, V-Moda M100. How to properly power it? 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a player that has a line out to my DAC, supports FLAC,... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › STUDIO HEADPHONES! PLEASE HELP 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › A sad day for me. I need some assistance in making a choice. 3 minutes ago
- › Questions about the best solution for PC gaming and Music... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe