First CIEM sighting ever, some businessman with a suitcase and a short haircut had smoky black CIEM that looked a bit like some Ultimate Ears. I feel like Finland is less of a third world country (audio wise) now :3
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift GuideLast edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 625
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9362 of 110598/19/13 at 2:49amQuote:
I spotted quite alot of nice headphones when I lived in Turku. Beyers, Audio-Technicas and Sennheisers on people. And only a couple pair of Beats,post #9363 of 110598/19/13 at 3:31amQuote:
Maybe he was a musician. The only bad side of ciems, you can't tell which model / brand they are as a third personpost #9364 of 110598/19/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Yes, but there's hardly CIEM, which need some knowledge to get into your hands. Most people don't know a lot about headphones in here, they just get Sennheiser because in Finland it has almost the same fabled ultimate superbest quality as Beats do in the States among youth. While Sennheiser is a great brand, the problem is that the Sennheiser afficiandos are ready to bash all other headphone brands without even knowing they existed, just because Sennheiser has more aggressive marketing than Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado, Fostex or the other respected brands. Generally I feel like most people in Finland, even some with okay headphones are quite ignorant.post #9365 of 110598/19/13 at 6:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Cat Face
Yes, but there's hardly CIEM, which need some knowledge to get into your hands. Most people don't know a lot about headphones in here, they just get Sennheiser because in Finland it has almost the same fabled ultimate superbest quality as Beats do in the States among youth. While Sennheiser is a great brand, the problem is that the Sennheiser afficiandos are ready to bash all other headphone brands without even knowing they existed, just because Sennheiser has more aggressive marketing than Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado, Fostex or the other respected brands. Generally I feel like most people in Finland, even some with okay headphones are quite ignorant.
CIEM's are rare, you're right about that, I have only seen a couple of pairs of them. Didn't really know about the Sennheiser "problem" though. I recall a friend talking about how amazing Sennheiser is, but that's about it.post #9366 of 110598/19/13 at 6:32amQuote:
It's not that big of a problem, it's still a decent brand and I'd much rather see ignorant people endorse Sennheiser than some less serious brand. It's just a bit odd to see someone wearing a recognized audio brand, and scoff at AKG K272HD because "you should've just gotten Sennheisers they're the best". That being said, Sennheiser HD-series and the Koss Portapro must be the most widespread headphones I see around here.post #9367 of 110598/19/13 at 7:31am
A big-brand audio manufacturer actually doing competent marketing instead of being rolled over by the Dr. Dre train?
I'm honestly shocked. Audio manufacturers in the U.S. advertise more limply than a dead fish washed up on the beach.post #9368 of 110598/19/13 at 7:40amQuote:
I will soon be the Toronto equivalent of that musician-wannabe businessman walking the streets in a smoky CIEM :)post #9369 of 110598/19/13 at 8:21amCheap ipod or no brand earbuds.... fake beads by dre's.... nobody has good stuff in Malaysia. They probably do but just don't take them out. I know a few that have serious high end stuff.
I think I also saw Ray William Johnson wearing some ciem's not sure though.post #9370 of 110598/19/13 at 8:34amQuote:
Speaking of Malaysia... ClieOS lives there. He's got some serious collection of iems.post #9371 of 110598/19/13 at 7:36pmI'm from Malaysia. Most people who have high end stuff keeps them at home. CIEMs are quite rare since the conversion rate is expensive plus shelling and fitting. Everything is more expensive since they're imported and sellers mark up prices.
Those who do have good stuff tend to stay in a tightly knit circle.post #9372 of 110598/19/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Wow he has a long list of gear on his profile o___________________0
Also, Porta Pros and 2 other cheap Koss cans at Office depot of all places. Wasn't expecting that, of course they still have their beats on display.post #9373 of 110598/19/13 at 9:55pmpost #9374 of 110598/19/13 at 9:58pmQuote:
OMG you are my hero.
I accidentally disabled an headphone amp at an audiostore, making K550 and W1000x useless for 30mins. Their employee couldn't find out what was wrong.post #9375 of 110598/19/13 at 10:11pm
This seriously made me laugh... I blasted horribly explicit Gangsta Rap through the stupid beats boom box thing for like 45 seconds it fit the quality of the speaker system pretty well.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
- › FiiO X3 or Other Options? 24 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 58 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Sony's DSD-capable PHA-2 portable headphone amp/DAC 1 minute ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-C300 Urban Raver and AH-C400 Music Maniac Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude