First CIEM sighting ever, some businessman with a suitcase and a short haircut had smoky black CIEM that looked a bit like some Ultimate Ears. I feel like Finland is less of a third world country (audio wise) now :3
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/8/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift GuideLast edited: 12/1/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 625
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9362 of 103578/19/13 at 2:49amQuote:
I spotted quite alot of nice headphones when I lived in Turku. Beyers, Audio-Technicas and Sennheisers on people. And only a couple pair of Beats,post #9363 of 103578/19/13 at 3:31amQuote:
Maybe he was a musician. The only bad side of ciems, you can't tell which model / brand they are as a third personpost #9364 of 103578/19/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Yes, but there's hardly CIEM, which need some knowledge to get into your hands. Most people don't know a lot about headphones in here, they just get Sennheiser because in Finland it has almost the same fabled ultimate superbest quality as Beats do in the States among youth. While Sennheiser is a great brand, the problem is that the Sennheiser afficiandos are ready to bash all other headphone brands without even knowing they existed, just because Sennheiser has more aggressive marketing than Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado, Fostex or the other respected brands. Generally I feel like most people in Finland, even some with okay headphones are quite ignorant.post #9365 of 103578/19/13 at 6:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Cat Face
Yes, but there's hardly CIEM, which need some knowledge to get into your hands. Most people don't know a lot about headphones in here, they just get Sennheiser because in Finland it has almost the same fabled ultimate superbest quality as Beats do in the States among youth. While Sennheiser is a great brand, the problem is that the Sennheiser afficiandos are ready to bash all other headphone brands without even knowing they existed, just because Sennheiser has more aggressive marketing than Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado, Fostex or the other respected brands. Generally I feel like most people in Finland, even some with okay headphones are quite ignorant.
CIEM's are rare, you're right about that, I have only seen a couple of pairs of them. Didn't really know about the Sennheiser "problem" though. I recall a friend talking about how amazing Sennheiser is, but that's about it.post #9366 of 103578/19/13 at 6:32amQuote:
It's not that big of a problem, it's still a decent brand and I'd much rather see ignorant people endorse Sennheiser than some less serious brand. It's just a bit odd to see someone wearing a recognized audio brand, and scoff at AKG K272HD because "you should've just gotten Sennheisers they're the best". That being said, Sennheiser HD-series and the Koss Portapro must be the most widespread headphones I see around here.post #9367 of 103578/19/13 at 7:31am
A big-brand audio manufacturer actually doing competent marketing instead of being rolled over by the Dr. Dre train?
I'm honestly shocked. Audio manufacturers in the U.S. advertise more limply than a dead fish washed up on the beach.post #9368 of 103578/19/13 at 7:40amQuote:
I will soon be the Toronto equivalent of that musician-wannabe businessman walking the streets in a smoky CIEM :)post #9369 of 103578/19/13 at 8:21amCheap ipod or no brand earbuds.... fake beads by dre's.... nobody has good stuff in Malaysia. They probably do but just don't take them out. I know a few that have serious high end stuff.
I think I also saw Ray William Johnson wearing some ciem's not sure though.post #9370 of 103578/19/13 at 8:34amQuote:
Speaking of Malaysia... ClieOS lives there. He's got some serious collection of iems.post #9371 of 103578/19/13 at 7:36pmI'm from Malaysia. Most people who have high end stuff keeps them at home. CIEMs are quite rare since the conversion rate is expensive plus shelling and fitting. Everything is more expensive since they're imported and sellers mark up prices.
Those who do have good stuff tend to stay in a tightly knit circle.post #9372 of 103578/19/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Wow he has a long list of gear on his profile o___________________0
Also, Porta Pros and 2 other cheap Koss cans at Office depot of all places. Wasn't expecting that, of course they still have their beats on display.post #9373 of 103578/19/13 at 9:55pmpost #9374 of 103578/19/13 at 9:58pmQuote:
OMG you are my hero.
I accidentally disabled an headphone amp at an audiostore, making K550 and W1000x useless for 30mins. Their employee couldn't find out what was wrong.post #9375 of 103578/19/13 at 10:11pm
This seriously made me laugh... I blasted horribly explicit Gangsta Rap through the stupid beats boom box thing for like 45 seconds it fit the quality of the speaker system pretty well.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 56 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › Beats User wants to upgrade to Best quality possible for $400 or... 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › The $999 vs $99 Challenge Tour! 4 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude