First CIEM sighting ever, some businessman with a suitcase and a short haircut had smoky black CIEM that looked a bit like some Ultimate Ears. I feel like Finland is less of a third world country (audio wise) now :3
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 625
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9362 of 120578/19/13 at 2:49amQuote:
I spotted quite alot of nice headphones when I lived in Turku. Beyers, Audio-Technicas and Sennheisers on people. And only a couple pair of Beats,post #9363 of 120578/19/13 at 3:31amQuote:
Maybe he was a musician. The only bad side of ciems, you can't tell which model / brand they are as a third personpost #9364 of 120578/19/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Yes, but there's hardly CIEM, which need some knowledge to get into your hands. Most people don't know a lot about headphones in here, they just get Sennheiser because in Finland it has almost the same fabled ultimate superbest quality as Beats do in the States among youth. While Sennheiser is a great brand, the problem is that the Sennheiser afficiandos are ready to bash all other headphone brands without even knowing they existed, just because Sennheiser has more aggressive marketing than Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado, Fostex or the other respected brands. Generally I feel like most people in Finland, even some with okay headphones are quite ignorant.post #9365 of 120578/19/13 at 6:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Cat Face
Yes, but there's hardly CIEM, which need some knowledge to get into your hands. Most people don't know a lot about headphones in here, they just get Sennheiser because in Finland it has almost the same fabled ultimate superbest quality as Beats do in the States among youth. While Sennheiser is a great brand, the problem is that the Sennheiser afficiandos are ready to bash all other headphone brands without even knowing they existed, just because Sennheiser has more aggressive marketing than Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado, Fostex or the other respected brands. Generally I feel like most people in Finland, even some with okay headphones are quite ignorant.
CIEM's are rare, you're right about that, I have only seen a couple of pairs of them. Didn't really know about the Sennheiser "problem" though. I recall a friend talking about how amazing Sennheiser is, but that's about it.post #9366 of 120578/19/13 at 6:32amQuote:
It's not that big of a problem, it's still a decent brand and I'd much rather see ignorant people endorse Sennheiser than some less serious brand. It's just a bit odd to see someone wearing a recognized audio brand, and scoff at AKG K272HD because "you should've just gotten Sennheisers they're the best". That being said, Sennheiser HD-series and the Koss Portapro must be the most widespread headphones I see around here.post #9367 of 120578/19/13 at 7:31am
A big-brand audio manufacturer actually doing competent marketing instead of being rolled over by the Dr. Dre train?
I'm honestly shocked. Audio manufacturers in the U.S. advertise more limply than a dead fish washed up on the beach.post #9368 of 120578/19/13 at 7:40amQuote:
I will soon be the Toronto equivalent of that musician-wannabe businessman walking the streets in a smoky CIEM :)post #9369 of 120578/19/13 at 8:21amCheap ipod or no brand earbuds.... fake beads by dre's.... nobody has good stuff in Malaysia. They probably do but just don't take them out. I know a few that have serious high end stuff.
I think I also saw Ray William Johnson wearing some ciem's not sure though.post #9370 of 120578/19/13 at 8:34amQuote:
Speaking of Malaysia... ClieOS lives there. He's got some serious collection of iems.post #9371 of 120578/19/13 at 7:36pmI'm from Malaysia. Most people who have high end stuff keeps them at home. CIEMs are quite rare since the conversion rate is expensive plus shelling and fitting. Everything is more expensive since they're imported and sellers mark up prices.
Those who do have good stuff tend to stay in a tightly knit circle.post #9372 of 120578/19/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Wow he has a long list of gear on his profile o___________________0
Also, Porta Pros and 2 other cheap Koss cans at Office depot of all places. Wasn't expecting that, of course they still have their beats on display.post #9373 of 120578/19/13 at 9:55pmpost #9374 of 120578/19/13 at 9:58pmQuote:
OMG you are my hero.
I accidentally disabled an headphone amp at an audiostore, making K550 and W1000x useless for 30mins. Their employee couldn't find out what was wrong.post #9375 of 120578/19/13 at 10:11pm
This seriously made me laugh... I blasted horribly explicit Gangsta Rap through the stupid beats boom box thing for like 45 seconds it fit the quality of the speaker system pretty well.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 6 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 38 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 1 minute ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › For Sale: Beyerdynamic T51P- Excellent Condition! 1 minute ago
- › I need help choosing a iem. 1 minute ago
- › 11th Calgary Head-Fi Meet Sunday May 31st, 2015 at University of... 1 minute ago
- › Motorcycle-Fi 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2