First CIEM sighting ever, some businessman with a suitcase and a short haircut had smoky black CIEM that looked a bit like some Ultimate Ears. I feel like Finland is less of a third world country (audio wise) now :3
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 625
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9362 of 112838/19/13 at 2:49amQuote:
I spotted quite alot of nice headphones when I lived in Turku. Beyers, Audio-Technicas and Sennheisers on people. And only a couple pair of Beats,post #9363 of 112838/19/13 at 3:31amQuote:
Maybe he was a musician. The only bad side of ciems, you can't tell which model / brand they are as a third personpost #9364 of 112838/19/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Yes, but there's hardly CIEM, which need some knowledge to get into your hands. Most people don't know a lot about headphones in here, they just get Sennheiser because in Finland it has almost the same fabled ultimate superbest quality as Beats do in the States among youth. While Sennheiser is a great brand, the problem is that the Sennheiser afficiandos are ready to bash all other headphone brands without even knowing they existed, just because Sennheiser has more aggressive marketing than Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado, Fostex or the other respected brands. Generally I feel like most people in Finland, even some with okay headphones are quite ignorant.post #9365 of 112838/19/13 at 6:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Cat Face
Yes, but there's hardly CIEM, which need some knowledge to get into your hands. Most people don't know a lot about headphones in here, they just get Sennheiser because in Finland it has almost the same fabled ultimate superbest quality as Beats do in the States among youth. While Sennheiser is a great brand, the problem is that the Sennheiser afficiandos are ready to bash all other headphone brands without even knowing they existed, just because Sennheiser has more aggressive marketing than Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado, Fostex or the other respected brands. Generally I feel like most people in Finland, even some with okay headphones are quite ignorant.
CIEM's are rare, you're right about that, I have only seen a couple of pairs of them. Didn't really know about the Sennheiser "problem" though. I recall a friend talking about how amazing Sennheiser is, but that's about it.post #9366 of 112838/19/13 at 6:32amQuote:
It's not that big of a problem, it's still a decent brand and I'd much rather see ignorant people endorse Sennheiser than some less serious brand. It's just a bit odd to see someone wearing a recognized audio brand, and scoff at AKG K272HD because "you should've just gotten Sennheisers they're the best". That being said, Sennheiser HD-series and the Koss Portapro must be the most widespread headphones I see around here.post #9367 of 112838/19/13 at 7:31am
A big-brand audio manufacturer actually doing competent marketing instead of being rolled over by the Dr. Dre train?
I'm honestly shocked. Audio manufacturers in the U.S. advertise more limply than a dead fish washed up on the beach.post #9368 of 112838/19/13 at 7:40amQuote:
I will soon be the Toronto equivalent of that musician-wannabe businessman walking the streets in a smoky CIEM :)post #9369 of 112838/19/13 at 8:21amCheap ipod or no brand earbuds.... fake beads by dre's.... nobody has good stuff in Malaysia. They probably do but just don't take them out. I know a few that have serious high end stuff.
I think I also saw Ray William Johnson wearing some ciem's not sure though.post #9370 of 112838/19/13 at 8:34amQuote:
Speaking of Malaysia... ClieOS lives there. He's got some serious collection of iems.post #9371 of 112838/19/13 at 7:36pmI'm from Malaysia. Most people who have high end stuff keeps them at home. CIEMs are quite rare since the conversion rate is expensive plus shelling and fitting. Everything is more expensive since they're imported and sellers mark up prices.
Those who do have good stuff tend to stay in a tightly knit circle.post #9372 of 112838/19/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Wow he has a long list of gear on his profile o___________________0
Also, Porta Pros and 2 other cheap Koss cans at Office depot of all places. Wasn't expecting that, of course they still have their beats on display.post #9373 of 112838/19/13 at 9:55pmpost #9374 of 112838/19/13 at 9:58pmQuote:
OMG you are my hero.
I accidentally disabled an headphone amp at an audiostore, making K550 and W1000x useless for 30mins. Their employee couldn't find out what was wrong.post #9375 of 112838/19/13 at 10:11pm
This seriously made me laugh... I blasted horribly explicit Gangsta Rap through the stupid beats boom box thing for like 45 seconds it fit the quality of the speaker system pretty well.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 43 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD439 review 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ALO The Pan Am - The tube rolling thread 3 minutes ago
- › What headphones to artists wear? 5 minutes ago
- › Tapatalk issues 5 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)