First CIEM sighting ever, some businessman with a suitcase and a short haircut had smoky black CIEM that looked a bit like some Ultimate Ears. I feel like Finland is less of a third world country (audio wise) now :3
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/21/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Almost 2 months with these gems. I simply love these IEMs. I paired them against my Shure SE215 and the Havi B3 Pro 1 and I briefly pit them against the UE700s and Klipsch S4II. I am definitely no...
This is my first proper set of over ears, and I'm quite surprised! The bass is fast, punchy and has enough weight to satisfy the slight basshead in me. The treble is a bit laid back for me, and I...
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 625
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9362 of 115498/19/13 at 2:49amQuote:
I spotted quite alot of nice headphones when I lived in Turku. Beyers, Audio-Technicas and Sennheisers on people. And only a couple pair of Beats,post #9363 of 115498/19/13 at 3:31amQuote:
Maybe he was a musician. The only bad side of ciems, you can't tell which model / brand they are as a third personpost #9364 of 115498/19/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Yes, but there's hardly CIEM, which need some knowledge to get into your hands. Most people don't know a lot about headphones in here, they just get Sennheiser because in Finland it has almost the same fabled ultimate superbest quality as Beats do in the States among youth. While Sennheiser is a great brand, the problem is that the Sennheiser afficiandos are ready to bash all other headphone brands without even knowing they existed, just because Sennheiser has more aggressive marketing than Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado, Fostex or the other respected brands. Generally I feel like most people in Finland, even some with okay headphones are quite ignorant.post #9365 of 115498/19/13 at 6:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Cat Face
Yes, but there's hardly CIEM, which need some knowledge to get into your hands. Most people don't know a lot about headphones in here, they just get Sennheiser because in Finland it has almost the same fabled ultimate superbest quality as Beats do in the States among youth. While Sennheiser is a great brand, the problem is that the Sennheiser afficiandos are ready to bash all other headphone brands without even knowing they existed, just because Sennheiser has more aggressive marketing than Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado, Fostex or the other respected brands. Generally I feel like most people in Finland, even some with okay headphones are quite ignorant.
CIEM's are rare, you're right about that, I have only seen a couple of pairs of them. Didn't really know about the Sennheiser "problem" though. I recall a friend talking about how amazing Sennheiser is, but that's about it.post #9366 of 115498/19/13 at 6:32amQuote:
It's not that big of a problem, it's still a decent brand and I'd much rather see ignorant people endorse Sennheiser than some less serious brand. It's just a bit odd to see someone wearing a recognized audio brand, and scoff at AKG K272HD because "you should've just gotten Sennheisers they're the best". That being said, Sennheiser HD-series and the Koss Portapro must be the most widespread headphones I see around here.post #9367 of 115498/19/13 at 7:31am
A big-brand audio manufacturer actually doing competent marketing instead of being rolled over by the Dr. Dre train?
I'm honestly shocked. Audio manufacturers in the U.S. advertise more limply than a dead fish washed up on the beach.post #9368 of 115498/19/13 at 7:40amQuote:
I will soon be the Toronto equivalent of that musician-wannabe businessman walking the streets in a smoky CIEM :)post #9369 of 115498/19/13 at 8:21amCheap ipod or no brand earbuds.... fake beads by dre's.... nobody has good stuff in Malaysia. They probably do but just don't take them out. I know a few that have serious high end stuff.
I think I also saw Ray William Johnson wearing some ciem's not sure though.post #9370 of 115498/19/13 at 8:34amQuote:
Speaking of Malaysia... ClieOS lives there. He's got some serious collection of iems.post #9371 of 115498/19/13 at 7:36pmI'm from Malaysia. Most people who have high end stuff keeps them at home. CIEMs are quite rare since the conversion rate is expensive plus shelling and fitting. Everything is more expensive since they're imported and sellers mark up prices.
Those who do have good stuff tend to stay in a tightly knit circle.post #9372 of 115498/19/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Wow he has a long list of gear on his profile o___________________0
Also, Porta Pros and 2 other cheap Koss cans at Office depot of all places. Wasn't expecting that, of course they still have their beats on display.post #9373 of 115498/19/13 at 9:55pmpost #9374 of 115498/19/13 at 9:58pmQuote:
OMG you are my hero.
I accidentally disabled an headphone amp at an audiostore, making K550 and W1000x useless for 30mins. Their employee couldn't find out what was wrong.post #9375 of 115498/19/13 at 10:11pm
This seriously made me laugh... I blasted horribly explicit Gangsta Rap through the stupid beats boom box thing for like 45 seconds it fit the quality of the speaker system pretty well.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 14 seconds ago
- › [WANTED] AKG K712 PRO Compatible Cable 41 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 5 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 MODS 7 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by audiobean
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by donnot
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)