Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift GuideLast edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 621post #9301 of 110408/4/13 at 11:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9302 of 110408/5/13 at 12:23am
There is a guy at my gym who lifts while wearing a haggard pair of HD 280's. Most of the people their wear crap headphones, including myself. Headphones take a real beating at the gym. Cord tugs, gallons of sweat and being to pumped to be gentle with them.
I am proud of this guy for wearing an above average HPs knowing for certain that an epic sweat puddle that is acumlating in those big close cans.
That being said there are two guys in there that wear Beats Solo's and Studio's. I am not sure why someone would wear a full sized or even any quality/expensive headphone to work out in. I usually work out so hard that I am sweating head to toe, I get a earphone yanked out almost every visit. I have had my poor little shuffle stepped on, tossed, squished and bent by gym equipment. It has even been through the wash a couple times and it is rock solid still.
I see people using iPhones I feel bad for my $45 nano, I can't imagine bringing a $400 phone to work out with. WHAT WRONG WITH YOU "I want to yell" but I don't, I just go back to ripping up whatever muscle group I am feeling displeased with on that day.
I am debating if I dare risk bring something nice to listen too but then I remember how rough I am.
/rantpost #9303 of 110408/5/13 at 1:19pmpost #9304 of 110408/5/13 at 1:24pmThe other day I was in line at Walmart and the guy in front of me was listening to his (closed, over-ear) Beats so loudly that I could hear the music quite clearly.
He was just making sure that everyone else could hear the music as the artist intended as well. Sharing is caring!post #9305 of 110408/5/13 at 1:27pmQuote:
At the expense of his own hearing. What an altruist!post #9306 of 110408/5/13 at 9:14pmpost #9307 of 110408/6/13 at 12:07ampost #9308 of 110408/7/13 at 5:43am
HD203's on a cameraman at a huge veterans dinner
KRK's on our sound console
7506's on the console previous to being swapped out for the KRK's
UM1's on the drummer
MC5's on one of the keys players
Se215's on the bassist (with custom tips)
Se425's on one of the guitarists
MDR v6 as backups for broadcast PFL
That should explain it! Hahapost #9309 of 110408/7/13 at 6:59am
Not a (notable) headphone sighting, per se, but I heard someone showing off the virtual barber to someone else on the train this morning and thought to myself, that's a weird thing for someone outside of head-fi to know about...post #9310 of 110408/7/13 at 7:04ampost #9311 of 110408/7/13 at 7:04amQuote:
For those who don't know what they're talking about, it's the track "Edgar The Barber" from "Dr. Chesky's Sensational, Fantastic, and Simply Amazing Binaural Sound Show".post #9312 of 110408/7/13 at 7:05amQuote:post #9313 of 110408/7/13 at 7:15amQuote:
I didn't know the original source, so thanks for that. Never really thought too much about it, since it is, well, a bit of a novelty...
Dude said his son showed it to him, so maybe a head-fier in the family at least :Ppost #9314 of 110408/7/13 at 7:32amQuote:
Those Vektr headphones are the only ones I could actually like from Monster. Inspiration (Passive edition one) was not that bad but Vektr sounded good. Maybe we just think anything from Monster is bad and when they do something a bit good, it surprises us.
However I still think they are a bit overpriced. Still for most casual customers they are the answers.post #9315 of 110408/7/13 at 7:45amA lot of headphones sighted all at the same time.. At least those I recognized. Nothing out of the ordinary though. White Beats Solo, Orange Coloud Pop, Purple Philips SHE3590, Red Beats Tour. Might have sighted a black Sony MDR-something as well. Big round cups with the Sony brand in small-ish print, with the headband splitting to a flat Y-style.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 13 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 3 minutes ago
- › Wanted - Astro Mix Amp 6 minutes ago
- › B&W P3 + Grado / Alessandro - Good combo? 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 9 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 9 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob