Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 621post #9301 of 113528/4/13 at 11:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9302 of 113528/5/13 at 12:23am
There is a guy at my gym who lifts while wearing a haggard pair of HD 280's. Most of the people their wear crap headphones, including myself. Headphones take a real beating at the gym. Cord tugs, gallons of sweat and being to pumped to be gentle with them.
I am proud of this guy for wearing an above average HPs knowing for certain that an epic sweat puddle that is acumlating in those big close cans.
That being said there are two guys in there that wear Beats Solo's and Studio's. I am not sure why someone would wear a full sized or even any quality/expensive headphone to work out in. I usually work out so hard that I am sweating head to toe, I get a earphone yanked out almost every visit. I have had my poor little shuffle stepped on, tossed, squished and bent by gym equipment. It has even been through the wash a couple times and it is rock solid still.
I see people using iPhones I feel bad for my $45 nano, I can't imagine bringing a $400 phone to work out with. WHAT WRONG WITH YOU "I want to yell" but I don't, I just go back to ripping up whatever muscle group I am feeling displeased with on that day.
I am debating if I dare risk bring something nice to listen too but then I remember how rough I am.
/rantpost #9303 of 113528/5/13 at 1:19pmpost #9304 of 113528/5/13 at 1:24pmThe other day I was in line at Walmart and the guy in front of me was listening to his (closed, over-ear) Beats so loudly that I could hear the music quite clearly.
He was just making sure that everyone else could hear the music as the artist intended as well. Sharing is caring!post #9305 of 113528/5/13 at 1:27pmQuote:
At the expense of his own hearing. What an altruist!post #9306 of 113528/5/13 at 9:14pmpost #9307 of 113528/6/13 at 12:07ampost #9308 of 113528/7/13 at 5:43am
HD203's on a cameraman at a huge veterans dinner
KRK's on our sound console
7506's on the console previous to being swapped out for the KRK's
UM1's on the drummer
MC5's on one of the keys players
Se215's on the bassist (with custom tips)
Se425's on one of the guitarists
MDR v6 as backups for broadcast PFL
That should explain it! Hahapost #9309 of 113528/7/13 at 6:59am
Not a (notable) headphone sighting, per se, but I heard someone showing off the virtual barber to someone else on the train this morning and thought to myself, that's a weird thing for someone outside of head-fi to know about...post #9310 of 113528/7/13 at 7:04ampost #9311 of 113528/7/13 at 7:04amQuote:
For those who don't know what they're talking about, it's the track "Edgar The Barber" from "Dr. Chesky's Sensational, Fantastic, and Simply Amazing Binaural Sound Show".post #9312 of 113528/7/13 at 7:05amQuote:post #9313 of 113528/7/13 at 7:15amQuote:
I didn't know the original source, so thanks for that. Never really thought too much about it, since it is, well, a bit of a novelty...
Dude said his son showed it to him, so maybe a head-fier in the family at least :Ppost #9314 of 113528/7/13 at 7:32amQuote:
Those Vektr headphones are the only ones I could actually like from Monster. Inspiration (Passive edition one) was not that bad but Vektr sounded good. Maybe we just think anything from Monster is bad and when they do something a bit good, it surprises us.
However I still think they are a bit overpriced. Still for most casual customers they are the answers.post #9315 of 113528/7/13 at 7:45amA lot of headphones sighted all at the same time.. At least those I recognized. Nothing out of the ordinary though. White Beats Solo, Orange Coloud Pop, Purple Philips SHE3590, Red Beats Tour. Might have sighted a black Sony MDR-something as well. Big round cups with the Sony brand in small-ish print, with the headband splitting to a flat Y-style.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 5 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › beyerdynamic DTX 350 p Portable Headphones by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)