Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 621post #9301 of 113078/4/13 at 11:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9302 of 113078/5/13 at 12:23am
There is a guy at my gym who lifts while wearing a haggard pair of HD 280's. Most of the people their wear crap headphones, including myself. Headphones take a real beating at the gym. Cord tugs, gallons of sweat and being to pumped to be gentle with them.
I am proud of this guy for wearing an above average HPs knowing for certain that an epic sweat puddle that is acumlating in those big close cans.
That being said there are two guys in there that wear Beats Solo's and Studio's. I am not sure why someone would wear a full sized or even any quality/expensive headphone to work out in. I usually work out so hard that I am sweating head to toe, I get a earphone yanked out almost every visit. I have had my poor little shuffle stepped on, tossed, squished and bent by gym equipment. It has even been through the wash a couple times and it is rock solid still.
I see people using iPhones I feel bad for my $45 nano, I can't imagine bringing a $400 phone to work out with. WHAT WRONG WITH YOU "I want to yell" but I don't, I just go back to ripping up whatever muscle group I am feeling displeased with on that day.
I am debating if I dare risk bring something nice to listen too but then I remember how rough I am.
/rantpost #9303 of 113078/5/13 at 1:19pmpost #9304 of 113078/5/13 at 1:24pmThe other day I was in line at Walmart and the guy in front of me was listening to his (closed, over-ear) Beats so loudly that I could hear the music quite clearly.
He was just making sure that everyone else could hear the music as the artist intended as well. Sharing is caring!post #9305 of 113078/5/13 at 1:27pmQuote:
At the expense of his own hearing. What an altruist!post #9306 of 113078/5/13 at 9:14pmpost #9307 of 113078/6/13 at 12:07ampost #9308 of 113078/7/13 at 5:43am
HD203's on a cameraman at a huge veterans dinner
KRK's on our sound console
7506's on the console previous to being swapped out for the KRK's
UM1's on the drummer
MC5's on one of the keys players
Se215's on the bassist (with custom tips)
Se425's on one of the guitarists
MDR v6 as backups for broadcast PFL
That should explain it! Hahapost #9309 of 113078/7/13 at 6:59am
Not a (notable) headphone sighting, per se, but I heard someone showing off the virtual barber to someone else on the train this morning and thought to myself, that's a weird thing for someone outside of head-fi to know about...post #9310 of 113078/7/13 at 7:04ampost #9311 of 113078/7/13 at 7:04amQuote:
For those who don't know what they're talking about, it's the track "Edgar The Barber" from "Dr. Chesky's Sensational, Fantastic, and Simply Amazing Binaural Sound Show".post #9312 of 113078/7/13 at 7:05amQuote:post #9313 of 113078/7/13 at 7:15amQuote:
I didn't know the original source, so thanks for that. Never really thought too much about it, since it is, well, a bit of a novelty...
Dude said his son showed it to him, so maybe a head-fier in the family at least :Ppost #9314 of 113078/7/13 at 7:32amQuote:
Those Vektr headphones are the only ones I could actually like from Monster. Inspiration (Passive edition one) was not that bad but Vektr sounded good. Maybe we just think anything from Monster is bad and when they do something a bit good, it surprises us.
However I still think they are a bit overpriced. Still for most casual customers they are the answers.post #9315 of 113078/7/13 at 7:45amA lot of headphones sighted all at the same time.. At least those I recognized. Nothing out of the ordinary though. White Beats Solo, Orange Coloud Pop, Purple Philips SHE3590, Red Beats Tour. Might have sighted a black Sony MDR-something as well. Big round cups with the Sony brand in small-ish print, with the headband splitting to a flat Y-style.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Selling my dx90+Dignis Leather Case+battries, nearly 3 month old,... 31 seconds ago
- › HM-901 59 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 1 minute ago
- › Budget custom IEMs with a brighter sound... do they exist? 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 3 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 8 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)