Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift GuideLast edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 621post #9301 of 104118/4/13 at 11:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9302 of 104118/5/13 at 12:23am
There is a guy at my gym who lifts while wearing a haggard pair of HD 280's. Most of the people their wear crap headphones, including myself. Headphones take a real beating at the gym. Cord tugs, gallons of sweat and being to pumped to be gentle with them.
I am proud of this guy for wearing an above average HPs knowing for certain that an epic sweat puddle that is acumlating in those big close cans.
That being said there are two guys in there that wear Beats Solo's and Studio's. I am not sure why someone would wear a full sized or even any quality/expensive headphone to work out in. I usually work out so hard that I am sweating head to toe, I get a earphone yanked out almost every visit. I have had my poor little shuffle stepped on, tossed, squished and bent by gym equipment. It has even been through the wash a couple times and it is rock solid still.
I see people using iPhones I feel bad for my $45 nano, I can't imagine bringing a $400 phone to work out with. WHAT WRONG WITH YOU "I want to yell" but I don't, I just go back to ripping up whatever muscle group I am feeling displeased with on that day.
I am debating if I dare risk bring something nice to listen too but then I remember how rough I am.
/rantpost #9303 of 104118/5/13 at 1:19pmpost #9304 of 104118/5/13 at 1:24pmThe other day I was in line at Walmart and the guy in front of me was listening to his (closed, over-ear) Beats so loudly that I could hear the music quite clearly.
He was just making sure that everyone else could hear the music as the artist intended as well. Sharing is caring!post #9305 of 104118/5/13 at 1:27pmQuote:
At the expense of his own hearing. What an altruist!post #9306 of 104118/5/13 at 9:14pmpost #9307 of 104118/6/13 at 12:07ampost #9308 of 104118/7/13 at 5:43am
HD203's on a cameraman at a huge veterans dinner
KRK's on our sound console
7506's on the console previous to being swapped out for the KRK's
UM1's on the drummer
MC5's on one of the keys players
Se215's on the bassist (with custom tips)
Se425's on one of the guitarists
MDR v6 as backups for broadcast PFL
That should explain it! Hahapost #9309 of 104118/7/13 at 6:59am
Not a (notable) headphone sighting, per se, but I heard someone showing off the virtual barber to someone else on the train this morning and thought to myself, that's a weird thing for someone outside of head-fi to know about...post #9310 of 104118/7/13 at 7:04ampost #9311 of 104118/7/13 at 7:04amQuote:
For those who don't know what they're talking about, it's the track "Edgar The Barber" from "Dr. Chesky's Sensational, Fantastic, and Simply Amazing Binaural Sound Show".post #9312 of 104118/7/13 at 7:05amQuote:post #9313 of 104118/7/13 at 7:15amQuote:
I didn't know the original source, so thanks for that. Never really thought too much about it, since it is, well, a bit of a novelty...
Dude said his son showed it to him, so maybe a head-fier in the family at least :Ppost #9314 of 104118/7/13 at 7:32amQuote:
Those Vektr headphones are the only ones I could actually like from Monster. Inspiration (Passive edition one) was not that bad but Vektr sounded good. Maybe we just think anything from Monster is bad and when they do something a bit good, it surprises us.
However I still think they are a bit overpriced. Still for most casual customers they are the answers.post #9315 of 104118/7/13 at 7:45amA lot of headphones sighted all at the same time.. At least those I recognized. Nothing out of the ordinary though. White Beats Solo, Orange Coloud Pop, Purple Philips SHE3590, Red Beats Tour. Might have sighted a black Sony MDR-something as well. Big round cups with the Sony brand in small-ish print, with the headband splitting to a flat Y-style.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 seconds ago
- › electronic cigarette-fi 10 seconds ago
- › Ross Stores (USA) Deals Thread - Who Got What and Where 22 seconds ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 32 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 35 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 55 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 57 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 1 minute ago
- › DUNU DN-1000 Review 2 minutes ago
- › 128GB iPod mini (and possibly 256GB) retroMod 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital