Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 607post #9091 of 121807/1/13 at 9:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9092 of 121807/1/13 at 11:11ampost #9093 of 121807/1/13 at 12:32pm
So in training for 7-Eleven, they give you a pair of headphones to use so you can hear the audio. I wish i brought in my own pair. but These Kensington "HiFi" headphones were okay to use.
not exactly comfortable or the best sounding. but least i got through the Virtual training.
Taken with my Google Mytouch 3g which has a horrible camera...post #9094 of 121807/1/13 at 6:44pmpost #9095 of 121807/1/13 at 6:51pmpost #9096 of 121807/1/13 at 6:52pm
Lol. I have two friends that own them. =0.
Sadly, one is an self claimed audiophile that can't tell the difference between beats and shure.post #9097 of 121807/1/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
Well, the definition of audiophile is someone who aims to get the best sound quality.
If he can't hear any difference then to his ears he has achieved the best.
Of course we here know and hear the difference and can say otherwise but meh.post #9098 of 121807/1/13 at 7:52pmpost #9099 of 121807/1/13 at 8:58pm
I actually haven't heard any impressions on the NuForce MMP, even though it seems like a promising piece of hardware. Seems to have been designed for the iPhone 5.post #9100 of 121807/2/13 at 1:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by AmberOzL
I will do it very soon I am going to get my first high end ciems and buy an aftermarket cable for it. You didn't see it maybe but many of us actually do it. It is just, we are such a small percentage in the community, nobody notices us nobody sees us. If by chance somebody would see it, most probably they wouldn't even understand what are these toys, why that cable is so expensive, are you insane you paid 800 euros for a mp3 player (yeah they called mp3 player believe me). I don't even want to go amp section. So long story short, yeah we do and I am willing to do more and more as my student wallet allows.
About the topic, I saw somebody with newest Denon's, D7100 I think I am not mistaking. Looks like they tried to make it somewhere in between with Beats and their style. I prefer old Denons honestly.
I finally saw someone with an aftermarket cable... and it was paired with a Beats Solo. By the way, has Beats by Dr. Dre started adding faux wood to its lineup or did I spot a new fake?
Also, I saw someone with a Grado 325is connected to a... Game Boy Color. o.0post #9101 of 121807/2/13 at 1:54pmpost #9102 of 121807/3/13 at 6:00ampost #9103 of 121807/3/13 at 6:42ampost #9104 of 121807/6/13 at 10:41ampost #9105 of 121807/6/13 at 4:13pmDespite going to a huge high school I've never seen any m50s before today. Walking around university of Washington, literally the first three minutes I saw m50s.... and for the next three hours I saw nothing but cheap Apple earbuds.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Closed back Headphones under 250$ 38 seconds ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 39 seconds ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 51 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90 buyers remorse 1 minute ago
- › Which IEM ~170$ to replace broken Vsonic GR07 (EDM lover) :) 1 minute ago
- › NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours) 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2