They're pretty much what you would expect from cheap plastic on ear headphones. Flimsy, uncomfortable, no seal, poor bass, mediocre detail, poor isolation, overall just kinda suck.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift GuideLast edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 581
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8702 of 104124/24/13 at 12:53pmpost #8703 of 104124/24/13 at 1:06pmpost #8704 of 104124/24/13 at 4:33pm
Since I've started to become familiar with nicer headphones, I've only seen two people with decent headphones: my two best friends both picked up pairs of ATH-M50's.
Other than that, I see primarily ibuds with some skullcandy, beats, and $20 Sony headphones.post #8705 of 104124/24/13 at 6:24pmQuote:
They're essentially the updated version of the V150.
We all know how bad those are, regardless if we've heard them or not.
What I can say about the ZX100 is this:
Rolled off bass
Rolled off highs
Very little isolation
Horrid build quality
For the same price ($13-20), one can get a Koss UR20, which I previously owned. It completely blew the ZX100 out of the competition.post #8706 of 104124/24/13 at 8:55pmpost #8707 of 104124/24/13 at 11:03pmQuote:
A friend of mine owns an original beats and he had the same reaction when he heard my V-Moda M80's.
Never again did I hear about his beats. (he wasn't bragging though)post #8708 of 104124/24/13 at 11:59pm
Well I had an interesting day yesterday. I have only been to an apple store once and my sister was all excited (LOOK AT ALL THE IPADS AND STUFF) so to keep her happy we went there and I tried out some of the headphones. I had a look and there were the usual (Beats, Bose, apple) but I had a look at the B&W P5, Parrot Zik, Senn Momentums and the Bose QC15. I must say, the QC15 are well deserving of the "Best noise cancelling" label but when there was no music, like with most ANC headphones, it felt like you were in a plane taking off. The sound was pretty good IMO but I asked if I could use my own source and the Lady there said yes but on all but one, the cord was too tight to unplug so I had to listen to the music on the iPods there. The P5s were next and they were pretty comfortable and good looking but like most people say here, they lean towards looks rather than sound but they were OK. The Parrot Zik pair was disappointing. They cost a fortune and they sounded pretty bad when I had the price tag in mind. I think most of the DSP settings and such were disabled as they were plugged in directly and some comment about how the sound turns to crap under those circumstances but the features they have are really cool. The Sennheiser momentums were the best sounding headphones there. The highs were like crystal and the bass was there and didn't over-power anything else. I tried the beats for a second and like every other time I've worn them, I took them off within 30 seconds.
In the same shopping center I saw a girl wearing some sennheiser 439s and that made my day. (There were so many people wearing beats it wasn't funny)
So those were my sightings for the daypost #8709 of 104124/25/13 at 3:20amI went to my engineering teacher to see if he could fix my cmoy. He accidentally pulled out my battery connector, so he resoldered it, and then it worked. Makes 0 sense. Anyways, to test the amp, he put on some Audio Technica's. Was coolpost #8710 of 104124/25/13 at 10:13ampost #8711 of 104124/25/13 at 12:30pmpost #8712 of 104124/25/13 at 2:03pmpost #8713 of 104124/25/13 at 2:55pmpost #8714 of 104124/25/13 at 5:21pmQuote:
The Red Porta Pro? It's only available in Europe..post #8715 of 104124/25/13 at 6:40pm
That is what made me do a double take! We have quite a few European exchange students on campus, so I'm guessing they must have brought them over here with them.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
- › Headphone I bought sounds different to I store model. 24 seconds ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 58 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Frustrated, Feel like I will never find comfortable full-size cans.... 2 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Where do New Zealanders get their gear from? 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900XLTD vs ATH-W1000X 10 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital