They're pretty much what you would expect from cheap plastic on ear headphones. Flimsy, uncomfortable, no seal, poor bass, mediocre detail, poor isolation, overall just kinda suck.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 581
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8702 of 112524/24/13 at 12:53pmpost #8703 of 112524/24/13 at 1:06pmpost #8704 of 112524/24/13 at 4:33pm
Since I've started to become familiar with nicer headphones, I've only seen two people with decent headphones: my two best friends both picked up pairs of ATH-M50's.
Other than that, I see primarily ibuds with some skullcandy, beats, and $20 Sony headphones.post #8705 of 112524/24/13 at 6:24pmQuote:
They're essentially the updated version of the V150.
We all know how bad those are, regardless if we've heard them or not.
What I can say about the ZX100 is this:
Rolled off bass
Rolled off highs
Very little isolation
Horrid build quality
For the same price ($13-20), one can get a Koss UR20, which I previously owned. It completely blew the ZX100 out of the competition.post #8706 of 112524/24/13 at 8:55pmpost #8707 of 112524/24/13 at 11:03pmQuote:
A friend of mine owns an original beats and he had the same reaction when he heard my V-Moda M80's.
Never again did I hear about his beats. (he wasn't bragging though)post #8708 of 112524/24/13 at 11:59pm
Well I had an interesting day yesterday. I have only been to an apple store once and my sister was all excited (LOOK AT ALL THE IPADS AND STUFF) so to keep her happy we went there and I tried out some of the headphones. I had a look and there were the usual (Beats, Bose, apple) but I had a look at the B&W P5, Parrot Zik, Senn Momentums and the Bose QC15. I must say, the QC15 are well deserving of the "Best noise cancelling" label but when there was no music, like with most ANC headphones, it felt like you were in a plane taking off. The sound was pretty good IMO but I asked if I could use my own source and the Lady there said yes but on all but one, the cord was too tight to unplug so I had to listen to the music on the iPods there. The P5s were next and they were pretty comfortable and good looking but like most people say here, they lean towards looks rather than sound but they were OK. The Parrot Zik pair was disappointing. They cost a fortune and they sounded pretty bad when I had the price tag in mind. I think most of the DSP settings and such were disabled as they were plugged in directly and some comment about how the sound turns to crap under those circumstances but the features they have are really cool. The Sennheiser momentums were the best sounding headphones there. The highs were like crystal and the bass was there and didn't over-power anything else. I tried the beats for a second and like every other time I've worn them, I took them off within 30 seconds.
In the same shopping center I saw a girl wearing some sennheiser 439s and that made my day. (There were so many people wearing beats it wasn't funny)
So those were my sightings for the daypost #8709 of 112524/25/13 at 3:20amI went to my engineering teacher to see if he could fix my cmoy. He accidentally pulled out my battery connector, so he resoldered it, and then it worked. Makes 0 sense. Anyways, to test the amp, he put on some Audio Technica's. Was coolpost #8710 of 112524/25/13 at 10:13ampost #8711 of 112524/25/13 at 12:30pmpost #8712 of 112524/25/13 at 2:03pmpost #8713 of 112524/25/13 at 2:55pmpost #8714 of 112524/25/13 at 5:21pmQuote:
The Red Porta Pro? It's only available in Europe..post #8715 of 112524/25/13 at 6:40pm
That is what made me do a double take! We have quite a few European exchange students on campus, so I'm guessing they must have brought them over here with them.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Help with choice of earbuds. 13 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 19 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 1 minute ago
- › jh audio roxanne vs fitear 335dw 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Thanks to those pesky bugs, small further... 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 2 minutes ago
- › Mixing two stereo sources into one pair of headphones 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)