- 4,066 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Yorkshire, UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/21/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 579post #8671 of 123304/19/13 at 4:07amCouple decent sightings today, pair of KRK KNS 6400s at tesco, Sony MDR EX600 and a TDK BA200 in town.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8672 of 123304/19/13 at 4:10amQuote:Originally Posted by liamstrain
Looks to me like these.
Good eyes, I think the Unico is right. Thanks!post #8673 of 123304/19/13 at 4:37ampost #8674 of 123304/19/13 at 5:27am
Went to the Apple Store, tried out all the headphones.
The only one I liked even remotely was the QC15. I actually made a poopy face when I first played music through the Beats Solos. How could anyone possibly enjoy that noise? I literally feel that the stock IEMs that came with my dad's Samsung S3 sound better than those, and that's equally as much as a credit to the IEMs as it is a discredit to the Beats.
Also, the Executive feels really nice but just fails in every other way. If you like constant, loud hiss at all times, by all means, get them.
Edited by Tus-Chan - 4/19/13 at 5:30ampost #8675 of 123304/19/13 at 8:40am
Spotted a set of red Beats Solo today...
What's so special about that, you say?
Well, they were on the head of an elderly lady, I estimate her to be at least 90, and that's a pretty conservative guess... Also, she had a walker, that colour matched her Beats... I guess that at her age, keeping the diminishing capacity of the human hearing with age in mind, they will cover her needs quite nicely. On the other hand, she could have just been using them as earmuffs...
Idunno.... In this shot they look more rounded than the Unico...
But even the sharpest image I could find doesn't show enough detail for a 100% positive identification:post #8676 of 123304/19/13 at 12:45pmpost #8677 of 123304/19/13 at 2:34pm
Hmm - could be some vintage Realistics then, I don't see the control knobs on the Unicos (or a different model). That bail/mounting is pretty common in both lines.post #8678 of 123304/19/13 at 8:18pmpost #8679 of 123304/19/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
Yeah, a lot of sportscasters have those. They look like wireless HD25s with microphones grafted on.post #8680 of 123304/19/13 at 10:39pmpost #8681 of 123304/19/13 at 10:50pmpost #8682 of 123304/20/13 at 10:52ampost #8683 of 123304/20/13 at 11:24ampost #8684 of 123304/20/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
A friend of mine has them and likes them. Never bothered trying them though.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › What do you think of the AKM VERITA AK4490 DAC chip? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › What the $^&# heck is it?.........iFi iEMatch! 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...