- 4,066 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Yorkshire, UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 579post #8671 of 123124/19/13 at 4:07amCouple decent sightings today, pair of KRK KNS 6400s at tesco, Sony MDR EX600 and a TDK BA200 in town.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8672 of 123124/19/13 at 4:10amQuote:Originally Posted by liamstrain
Looks to me like these.
Good eyes, I think the Unico is right. Thanks!post #8673 of 123124/19/13 at 4:37ampost #8674 of 123124/19/13 at 5:27am
Went to the Apple Store, tried out all the headphones.
The only one I liked even remotely was the QC15. I actually made a poopy face when I first played music through the Beats Solos. How could anyone possibly enjoy that noise? I literally feel that the stock IEMs that came with my dad's Samsung S3 sound better than those, and that's equally as much as a credit to the IEMs as it is a discredit to the Beats.
Also, the Executive feels really nice but just fails in every other way. If you like constant, loud hiss at all times, by all means, get them.
Edited by Tus-Chan - 4/19/13 at 5:30ampost #8675 of 123124/19/13 at 8:40am
Spotted a set of red Beats Solo today...
What's so special about that, you say?
Well, they were on the head of an elderly lady, I estimate her to be at least 90, and that's a pretty conservative guess... Also, she had a walker, that colour matched her Beats... I guess that at her age, keeping the diminishing capacity of the human hearing with age in mind, they will cover her needs quite nicely. On the other hand, she could have just been using them as earmuffs...
Idunno.... In this shot they look more rounded than the Unico...
But even the sharpest image I could find doesn't show enough detail for a 100% positive identification:post #8676 of 123124/19/13 at 12:45pmpost #8677 of 123124/19/13 at 2:34pm
Hmm - could be some vintage Realistics then, I don't see the control knobs on the Unicos (or a different model). That bail/mounting is pretty common in both lines.post #8678 of 123124/19/13 at 8:18pmpost #8679 of 123124/19/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
Yeah, a lot of sportscasters have those. They look like wireless HD25s with microphones grafted on.post #8680 of 123124/19/13 at 10:39pmpost #8681 of 123124/19/13 at 10:50pmpost #8682 of 123124/20/13 at 10:52ampost #8683 of 123124/20/13 at 11:24ampost #8684 of 123124/20/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
A friend of mine has them and likes them. Never bothered trying them though.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: Fall 2016 (room reservation pending) 51 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Utah Salt Lake City Meet? Anyone interested? Lets do this!!!!! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade over HD555 – something else/need change 2 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 6 minutes ago
- › Help regarding Sennheiser hd580 6 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The... 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...