- 4,086 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Yorkshire, UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/21/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
HIFIMAN MegaMini review Oct 2016 INTRO I have been in the hunt for a smaller on the go dap for a while now without compromising on the sound in a world where players seem to be...
This is a review for the Little Dot MK2 headphone amplifier so I hope you all enjoy it. This is my first review and it's going to start off really well as this is an amazing product. YouTube...
Welcome to my first review DanaCable Lazuli SH HP Cable versus Moon Audio Black Dragon HD800 HP Cable Preliminaries I tend to hear subtle...
Preamble: I have a set of around 30 – 40 tracks all in the FLAC from varying genres that I use as my test reference playlist. I try to cover as many genres and stick to recordings that have good...
At the time this review was written, the Earsonics S-EM9 was listed for sale on Musicteck’s online store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 579post #8671 of 123434/19/13 at 4:07amCouple decent sightings today, pair of KRK KNS 6400s at tesco, Sony MDR EX600 and a TDK BA200 in town.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8672 of 123434/19/13 at 4:10amQuote:Originally Posted by liamstrain
Looks to me like these.
Good eyes, I think the Unico is right. Thanks!post #8673 of 123434/19/13 at 4:37ampost #8674 of 123434/19/13 at 5:27am
Went to the Apple Store, tried out all the headphones.
The only one I liked even remotely was the QC15. I actually made a poopy face when I first played music through the Beats Solos. How could anyone possibly enjoy that noise? I literally feel that the stock IEMs that came with my dad's Samsung S3 sound better than those, and that's equally as much as a credit to the IEMs as it is a discredit to the Beats.
Also, the Executive feels really nice but just fails in every other way. If you like constant, loud hiss at all times, by all means, get them.
Edited by Tus-Chan - 4/19/13 at 5:30ampost #8675 of 123434/19/13 at 8:40am
Spotted a set of red Beats Solo today...
What's so special about that, you say?
Well, they were on the head of an elderly lady, I estimate her to be at least 90, and that's a pretty conservative guess... Also, she had a walker, that colour matched her Beats... I guess that at her age, keeping the diminishing capacity of the human hearing with age in mind, they will cover her needs quite nicely. On the other hand, she could have just been using them as earmuffs...
Idunno.... In this shot they look more rounded than the Unico...
But even the sharpest image I could find doesn't show enough detail for a 100% positive identification:post #8676 of 123434/19/13 at 12:45pmpost #8677 of 123434/19/13 at 2:34pm
Hmm - could be some vintage Realistics then, I don't see the control knobs on the Unicos (or a different model). That bail/mounting is pretty common in both lines.post #8678 of 123434/19/13 at 8:18pmpost #8679 of 123434/19/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
Yeah, a lot of sportscasters have those. They look like wireless HD25s with microphones grafted on.post #8680 of 123434/19/13 at 10:39pmpost #8681 of 123434/19/13 at 10:50pmpost #8682 of 123434/20/13 at 10:52ampost #8683 of 123434/20/13 at 11:24ampost #8684 of 123434/20/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
A friend of mine has them and likes them. Never bothered trying them though.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Music Game IX 11 seconds ago
- › 2016 Southeastern Michigan FALL Head-Fi Meet: SATURDAY, OCTOBER... 20 seconds ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 47 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 56 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Plussound Audio Thread 5 minutes ago
- › looking for replacement tips for 1more 3 driver in ear headphones 5 minutes ago
- › [FS][FT]Price drop! Hifiman HE-6 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by FortisFlyer75
- › Little Dot MK II by hifimanguy
- › Danacable Lazuli SH for Sennheiser HD800 / 800S by FLTWS
- › PSB M4U 4 by Krisman
- › Earsonics - S-EM9 in-ear Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...