- 4,062 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Yorkshire, UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 579post #8671 of 123114/19/13 at 4:07amCouple decent sightings today, pair of KRK KNS 6400s at tesco, Sony MDR EX600 and a TDK BA200 in town.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8672 of 123114/19/13 at 4:10amQuote:Originally Posted by liamstrain
Looks to me like these.
Good eyes, I think the Unico is right. Thanks!post #8673 of 123114/19/13 at 4:37ampost #8674 of 123114/19/13 at 5:27am
Went to the Apple Store, tried out all the headphones.
The only one I liked even remotely was the QC15. I actually made a poopy face when I first played music through the Beats Solos. How could anyone possibly enjoy that noise? I literally feel that the stock IEMs that came with my dad's Samsung S3 sound better than those, and that's equally as much as a credit to the IEMs as it is a discredit to the Beats.
Also, the Executive feels really nice but just fails in every other way. If you like constant, loud hiss at all times, by all means, get them.
Edited by Tus-Chan - 4/19/13 at 5:30ampost #8675 of 123114/19/13 at 8:40am
Spotted a set of red Beats Solo today...
What's so special about that, you say?
Well, they were on the head of an elderly lady, I estimate her to be at least 90, and that's a pretty conservative guess... Also, she had a walker, that colour matched her Beats... I guess that at her age, keeping the diminishing capacity of the human hearing with age in mind, they will cover her needs quite nicely. On the other hand, she could have just been using them as earmuffs...
Idunno.... In this shot they look more rounded than the Unico...
But even the sharpest image I could find doesn't show enough detail for a 100% positive identification:post #8676 of 123114/19/13 at 12:45pmpost #8677 of 123114/19/13 at 2:34pmpost #8678 of 123114/19/13 at 8:18pmpost #8679 of 123114/19/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
Yeah, a lot of sportscasters have those. They look like wireless HD25s with microphones grafted on.post #8680 of 123114/19/13 at 10:39pmpost #8681 of 123114/19/13 at 10:50pmpost #8682 of 123114/20/13 at 10:52ampost #8683 of 123114/20/13 at 11:24ampost #8684 of 123114/20/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
A friend of mine has them and likes them. Never bothered trying them though.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Audeze SINE Series 38 seconds ago
- › How to make M50's mid less recessed & increase soundstage (56k) 1 minute ago
- › PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread 1 minute ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 Quincy Jones Amp suggestion 5 minutes ago
- › For 6BL7 tube users 5 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 6 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio V3 Discussion and Mods. 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse