- 34,778 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Panda Sanctuary
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 575post #8611 of 113524/10/13 at 3:53amDude on bus is digging his Koss DJ100s
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8612 of 113524/10/13 at 11:22am
Nice. Koss sightings always warm my heart. Meanwhile, dude with low end Sony buds rocking one ear because it appeared that the tip for his other was missing.post #8613 of 113524/10/13 at 12:49pmpost #8614 of 113524/10/13 at 12:51pmpost #8615 of 113524/10/13 at 1:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by bowei006Quote:Originally Posted by miceblue
I saw a few Beats Mixrs today. Those sightings are pretty rare in my area.
Pure originality there. :sarcasm:
Beats... Beats everywhere at my school
Yeah Beats are abundant at my school too, but they are mostly Studios and Solos. There's an occasional Pro here and there, but the Mixrs and Executives are rare and very rare respectively. Heck, I see more Sennheiser HD201's than Mixrs or Executives. XDpost #8616 of 113524/10/13 at 1:17pmpost #8617 of 113524/10/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Yeah something like that. People say the Mixrs have the best quality of the Beats line *shrug*.post #8618 of 113524/10/13 at 1:41pmQuote:
The mixrs ear cups feel like cardboard covered in plastic. No joke. David Guetta (the DJ who put his name on the mixrs) even said he likes the HD25 better.post #8619 of 113524/10/13 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Luv My BASS 1Quote:
The mixrs ear cups feel like cardboard covered in plastic. No joke. David Guetta (the DJ who put his name on the mixrs) even said he likes the HD25 better.
Do you have a source for that?
But yeah the Mixr's earcups are quite uncomfortable.post #8620 of 113524/10/13 at 1:44pmQuote:
I just remember him saying that in some video somewhere, it would take a while to find.post #8621 of 113524/10/13 at 7:57pmpost #8622 of 113524/10/13 at 9:11pmpost #8623 of 113524/11/13 at 6:55ampost #8624 of 113524/11/13 at 9:07amQuote:Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D
Interesting to here your thoughts on that.
Maybe I'll have to come by and try your he6 setup ;P
There was really just something off in the Sr009. Li-En felt that the soundstage depths on the sides were really closed off.
I felt that it sounded "choppy" in a sense (hard to describe).
Meanwhile, neither of us felt that way about the 007.
Now that you mentioned the sound stage feeling cut off, I do agree a bit. It felt like you were boxed in and the depth and height was as far reached as its width. The width should usually feel wider. I have a feeling it may have been the source. If I recall, the stax rig was the only one using a macbook with itunes, and I'm not sure what player he was using feeding the itunes library. All other rigs were using JRiver.post #8625 of 113524/12/13 at 4:32am
Here in our office, I see many people using ipod earbuds as default. A couple of people use bluetooth headsets though, from Philips and Jaybird I believe. When people walk by my station and they see my amp and dac, they always say "what the hell is that?" and they say it with an expression of being weirded out instead of being curious. :)
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 29 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 8 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 9 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › Hello World 11 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)