- 37,107 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Panda is a Panda in Spasu. A Spasu Panda
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
very detailed build, sound is smooth and rich
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 575post #8611 of 120724/10/13 at 3:53amDude on bus is digging his Koss DJ100s
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8612 of 120724/10/13 at 11:22am
Nice. Koss sightings always warm my heart. Meanwhile, dude with low end Sony buds rocking one ear because it appeared that the tip for his other was missing.post #8613 of 120724/10/13 at 12:49pmpost #8614 of 120724/10/13 at 12:51pmpost #8615 of 120724/10/13 at 1:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by bowei006Quote:Originally Posted by miceblue
I saw a few Beats Mixrs today. Those sightings are pretty rare in my area.
Pure originality there. :sarcasm:
Beats... Beats everywhere at my school
Yeah Beats are abundant at my school too, but they are mostly Studios and Solos. There's an occasional Pro here and there, but the Mixrs and Executives are rare and very rare respectively. Heck, I see more Sennheiser HD201's than Mixrs or Executives. XDpost #8616 of 120724/10/13 at 1:17pmpost #8617 of 120724/10/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Yeah something like that. People say the Mixrs have the best quality of the Beats line *shrug*.post #8618 of 120724/10/13 at 1:41pmQuote:
The mixrs ear cups feel like cardboard covered in plastic. No joke. David Guetta (the DJ who put his name on the mixrs) even said he likes the HD25 better.post #8619 of 120724/10/13 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Luv My BASS 1Quote:
The mixrs ear cups feel like cardboard covered in plastic. No joke. David Guetta (the DJ who put his name on the mixrs) even said he likes the HD25 better.
Do you have a source for that?
But yeah the Mixr's earcups are quite uncomfortable.post #8620 of 120724/10/13 at 1:44pmQuote:
I just remember him saying that in some video somewhere, it would take a while to find.post #8621 of 120724/10/13 at 7:57pmpost #8622 of 120724/10/13 at 9:11pmpost #8623 of 120724/11/13 at 6:55ampost #8624 of 120724/11/13 at 9:07amQuote:Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D
Interesting to here your thoughts on that.
Maybe I'll have to come by and try your he6 setup ;P
There was really just something off in the Sr009. Li-En felt that the soundstage depths on the sides were really closed off.
I felt that it sounded "choppy" in a sense (hard to describe).
Meanwhile, neither of us felt that way about the 007.
Now that you mentioned the sound stage feeling cut off, I do agree a bit. It felt like you were boxed in and the depth and height was as far reached as its width. The width should usually feel wider. I have a feeling it may have been the source. If I recall, the stax rig was the only one using a macbook with itunes, and I'm not sure what player he was using feeding the itunes library. All other rigs were using JRiver.post #8625 of 120724/12/13 at 4:32am
Here in our office, I see many people using ipod earbuds as default. A couple of people use bluetooth headsets though, from Philips and Jaybird I believe. When people walk by my station and they see my amp and dac, they always say "what the hell is that?" and they say it with an expression of being weirded out instead of being curious. :)
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Band Name Game II 2 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2