- 34,361 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Panda Sanctuary
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 575post #8611 of 112774/10/13 at 3:53amDude on bus is digging his Koss DJ100s
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8612 of 112774/10/13 at 11:22am
Nice. Koss sightings always warm my heart. Meanwhile, dude with low end Sony buds rocking one ear because it appeared that the tip for his other was missing.post #8613 of 112774/10/13 at 12:49pmpost #8614 of 112774/10/13 at 12:51pmpost #8615 of 112774/10/13 at 1:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by bowei006Quote:Originally Posted by miceblue
I saw a few Beats Mixrs today. Those sightings are pretty rare in my area.
Pure originality there. :sarcasm:
Beats... Beats everywhere at my school
Yeah Beats are abundant at my school too, but they are mostly Studios and Solos. There's an occasional Pro here and there, but the Mixrs and Executives are rare and very rare respectively. Heck, I see more Sennheiser HD201's than Mixrs or Executives. XDpost #8616 of 112774/10/13 at 1:17pmpost #8617 of 112774/10/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Yeah something like that. People say the Mixrs have the best quality of the Beats line *shrug*.post #8618 of 112774/10/13 at 1:41pmQuote:
The mixrs ear cups feel like cardboard covered in plastic. No joke. David Guetta (the DJ who put his name on the mixrs) even said he likes the HD25 better.post #8619 of 112774/10/13 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Luv My BASS 1Quote:
The mixrs ear cups feel like cardboard covered in plastic. No joke. David Guetta (the DJ who put his name on the mixrs) even said he likes the HD25 better.
Do you have a source for that?
But yeah the Mixr's earcups are quite uncomfortable.post #8620 of 112774/10/13 at 1:44pmQuote:
I just remember him saying that in some video somewhere, it would take a while to find.post #8621 of 112774/10/13 at 7:57pmpost #8622 of 112774/10/13 at 9:11pmpost #8623 of 112774/11/13 at 6:55ampost #8624 of 112774/11/13 at 9:07amQuote:Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D
Interesting to here your thoughts on that.
Maybe I'll have to come by and try your he6 setup ;P
There was really just something off in the Sr009. Li-En felt that the soundstage depths on the sides were really closed off.
I felt that it sounded "choppy" in a sense (hard to describe).
Meanwhile, neither of us felt that way about the 007.
Now that you mentioned the sound stage feeling cut off, I do agree a bit. It felt like you were boxed in and the depth and height was as far reached as its width. The width should usually feel wider. I have a feeling it may have been the source. If I recall, the stax rig was the only one using a macbook with itunes, and I'm not sure what player he was using feeding the itunes library. All other rigs were using JRiver.post #8625 of 112774/12/13 at 4:32am
Here in our office, I see many people using ipod earbuds as default. A couple of people use bluetooth headsets though, from Philips and Jaybird I believe. When people walk by my station and they see my amp and dac, they always say "what the hell is that?" and they say it with an expression of being weirded out instead of being curious. :)
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Looking for headphones with a $200 (Canadian) budget 49 seconds ago
- › HD600 cable upgrade - worth it? 3 minutes ago
- › Travel Kit 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH-940 Crack and their service! 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › JH 5 Pro (Final Price Drop) 8 minutes ago
- › Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones - Reviewers Needed! 8 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 9 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)