- 30,281 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Panda Sanctuary
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift GuideLast edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 575post #8611 of 104124/10/13 at 3:53amDude on bus is digging his Koss DJ100s
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8612 of 104124/10/13 at 11:22am
Nice. Koss sightings always warm my heart. Meanwhile, dude with low end Sony buds rocking one ear because it appeared that the tip for his other was missing.post #8613 of 104124/10/13 at 12:49pmpost #8614 of 104124/10/13 at 12:51pmpost #8615 of 104124/10/13 at 1:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by bowei006Quote:Originally Posted by miceblue
I saw a few Beats Mixrs today. Those sightings are pretty rare in my area.
Pure originality there. :sarcasm:
Beats... Beats everywhere at my school
Yeah Beats are abundant at my school too, but they are mostly Studios and Solos. There's an occasional Pro here and there, but the Mixrs and Executives are rare and very rare respectively. Heck, I see more Sennheiser HD201's than Mixrs or Executives. XDpost #8616 of 104124/10/13 at 1:17pmpost #8617 of 104124/10/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Yeah something like that. People say the Mixrs have the best quality of the Beats line *shrug*.post #8618 of 104124/10/13 at 1:41pmQuote:
The mixrs ear cups feel like cardboard covered in plastic. No joke. David Guetta (the DJ who put his name on the mixrs) even said he likes the HD25 better.post #8619 of 104124/10/13 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Luv My BASS 1Quote:
The mixrs ear cups feel like cardboard covered in plastic. No joke. David Guetta (the DJ who put his name on the mixrs) even said he likes the HD25 better.
Do you have a source for that?
But yeah the Mixr's earcups are quite uncomfortable.post #8620 of 104124/10/13 at 1:44pmQuote:
I just remember him saying that in some video somewhere, it would take a while to find.post #8621 of 104124/10/13 at 7:57pmpost #8622 of 104124/10/13 at 9:11pmpost #8623 of 104124/11/13 at 6:55ampost #8624 of 104124/11/13 at 9:07amQuote:Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D
Interesting to here your thoughts on that.
Maybe I'll have to come by and try your he6 setup ;P
There was really just something off in the Sr009. Li-En felt that the soundstage depths on the sides were really closed off.
I felt that it sounded "choppy" in a sense (hard to describe).
Meanwhile, neither of us felt that way about the 007.
Now that you mentioned the sound stage feeling cut off, I do agree a bit. It felt like you were boxed in and the depth and height was as far reached as its width. The width should usually feel wider. I have a feeling it may have been the source. If I recall, the stax rig was the only one using a macbook with itunes, and I'm not sure what player he was using feeding the itunes library. All other rigs were using JRiver.post #8625 of 104124/12/13 at 4:32am
Here in our office, I see many people using ipod earbuds as default. A couple of people use bluetooth headsets though, from Philips and Jaybird I believe. When people walk by my station and they see my amp and dac, they always say "what the hell is that?" and they say it with an expression of being weirded out instead of being curious. :)
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
- › How many headphones are too many? 42 seconds ago
- › Got new headphone, V-Moda M100. How to properly power it? 1 minute ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 1 minute ago
- › Westone ES50, A Make-over of Westone's Flagship Custom IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7506, 7509 or V6 ? 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-MR77X top of the line JVC x series 7 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK10 portable DAC and amp 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital