- 405 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
The Start This review is part of the Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour organized by White Lotus and made possible by Sennheiser Australia . Many thanks to White Lotus for his...
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 574post #8596 of 118284/5/13 at 2:14pmI saw a guy walk past my house with the Aiaiai TMA-1 Beatport Edition.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8597 of 118284/6/13 at 6:51pmQuote:
Yeah LP1. LP2 is matte-black, M-100 doesn't have chrome on the yoke.post #8598 of 118284/6/13 at 10:06pm
at my school/university (school is situated inside the uni) there's about 6 people with Beats, my friends pair of HD215's, another pair of Sennheisers with chrome rings on the ear cups, although i'm not sure of the model name, a year 12 with ATH-M50's, a guy in my class with Aerial 7's (rebranded Sony MDR-V700) and just yesterday some kid rocked up with his newly bought Sol Republic Tracks and went around parading them and saying how bad beats are.
Oh and the school also owns two pairs of rebranded German Maestro 8.35d's
Edited by Makavelian - 4/6/13 at 10:48pmpost #8599 of 118284/6/13 at 11:14pmQuote:
Haha, okay. I don't swing by Granville too often though.
If I do swing by I'll make sure to be wearing my 598s.
Also, the other day on the bus to school I sat next to a kid with ATH-M30's.post #8600 of 118284/7/13 at 1:39amQuote:
Do you live in SoCal by any chance? Could be me.post #8601 of 118284/7/13 at 1:40ampost #8602 of 118284/7/13 at 4:57ampost #8603 of 118284/7/13 at 5:55amMy dad emailed his lawyer buddy about e Yamaha Beats case, and told him I was an audiophile and was very interested, as I dislike beats. Turns out, he's an audiophile too, and has LA-7000 and an Asgard 2post #8604 of 118284/7/13 at 8:01ampost #8605 of 118284/8/13 at 3:21pmpost #8606 of 118284/9/13 at 11:07amQuote:
Interesting...I remember seeing an LA7000 owner on these forums mention that he was a lawyer. Could be the same guy.post #8607 of 118284/9/13 at 12:41pmpost #8608 of 118284/9/13 at 9:51pmpost #8609 of 118284/10/13 at 12:49ampost #8610 of 118284/10/13 at 1:33amI mentioned about the university I go to before, having a fairly wide selection of nice headphones throughout compared to what I read from some of you.
This though, happened on the train.
I took out my headphones (VModa M80) and this guy roughly about the same age as me a few seats away looks at me for a few seconds with an intrigued expression. For a moment, I'm like "that guy probably has something too..". A minute later, he puts on his sennheiser hd25.
Didn't talk to him, but just thought it was Linda interesting haha
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 9 seconds ago
- › I can't make up my mind 17 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 56 seconds ago
- › IEM recommendation 58 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3