- 399 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift GuideLast edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 574post #8596 of 108574/5/13 at 2:14pmI saw a guy walk past my house with the Aiaiai TMA-1 Beatport Edition.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8597 of 108574/6/13 at 6:51pmQuote:
Yeah LP1. LP2 is matte-black, M-100 doesn't have chrome on the yoke.post #8598 of 108574/6/13 at 10:06pm
at my school/university (school is situated inside the uni) there's about 6 people with Beats, my friends pair of HD215's, another pair of Sennheisers with chrome rings on the ear cups, although i'm not sure of the model name, a year 12 with ATH-M50's, a guy in my class with Aerial 7's (rebranded Sony MDR-V700) and just yesterday some kid rocked up with his newly bought Sol Republic Tracks and went around parading them and saying how bad beats are.
Oh and the school also owns two pairs of rebranded German Maestro 8.35d's
Edited by Makavelian - 4/6/13 at 10:48pmpost #8599 of 108574/6/13 at 11:14pmQuote:
Haha, okay. I don't swing by Granville too often though.
If I do swing by I'll make sure to be wearing my 598s.
Also, the other day on the bus to school I sat next to a kid with ATH-M30's.post #8600 of 108574/7/13 at 1:39amQuote:
Do you live in SoCal by any chance? Could be me.post #8601 of 108574/7/13 at 1:40ampost #8602 of 108574/7/13 at 4:57ampost #8603 of 108574/7/13 at 5:55amMy dad emailed his lawyer buddy about e Yamaha Beats case, and told him I was an audiophile and was very interested, as I dislike beats. Turns out, he's an audiophile too, and has LA-7000 and an Asgard 2post #8604 of 108574/7/13 at 8:01ampost #8605 of 108574/8/13 at 3:21pmpost #8606 of 108574/9/13 at 11:07amQuote:
Interesting...I remember seeing an LA7000 owner on these forums mention that he was a lawyer. Could be the same guy.post #8607 of 108574/9/13 at 12:41pmpost #8608 of 108574/9/13 at 9:51pmpost #8609 of 108574/10/13 at 12:49ampost #8610 of 108574/10/13 at 1:33amI mentioned about the university I go to before, having a fairly wide selection of nice headphones throughout compared to what I read from some of you.
This though, happened on the train.
I took out my headphones (VModa M80) and this guy roughly about the same age as me a few seats away looks at me for a few seconds with an intrigued expression. For a moment, I'm like "that guy probably has something too..". A minute later, he puts on his sennheiser hd25.
Didn't talk to him, but just thought it was Linda interesting haha
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Summit-Fi DAP-Fest 2014: Coming Soon to a Head-Fi Near You. 45 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Lear BD4.2 - impressions and appreciation thread. 4 Balanced... 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Speakers or monitors for audiophile experience? 4 minutes ago
- › Apple Touch 5G - Appreciation thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude