- 400 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
This is my second attempt at a review of the Brainwavz S5, my first attempt ended up in the bin yesterday, as I was looking at it from the wrong angle (some forum members wanted a comparison to...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 574post #8596 of 112834/5/13 at 2:14pmI saw a guy walk past my house with the Aiaiai TMA-1 Beatport Edition.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8597 of 112834/6/13 at 6:51pmQuote:
Yeah LP1. LP2 is matte-black, M-100 doesn't have chrome on the yoke.post #8598 of 112834/6/13 at 10:06pm
at my school/university (school is situated inside the uni) there's about 6 people with Beats, my friends pair of HD215's, another pair of Sennheisers with chrome rings on the ear cups, although i'm not sure of the model name, a year 12 with ATH-M50's, a guy in my class with Aerial 7's (rebranded Sony MDR-V700) and just yesterday some kid rocked up with his newly bought Sol Republic Tracks and went around parading them and saying how bad beats are.
Oh and the school also owns two pairs of rebranded German Maestro 8.35d's
Edited by Makavelian - 4/6/13 at 10:48pmpost #8599 of 112834/6/13 at 11:14pmQuote:
Haha, okay. I don't swing by Granville too often though.
If I do swing by I'll make sure to be wearing my 598s.
Also, the other day on the bus to school I sat next to a kid with ATH-M30's.post #8600 of 112834/7/13 at 1:39amQuote:
Do you live in SoCal by any chance? Could be me.post #8601 of 112834/7/13 at 1:40ampost #8602 of 112834/7/13 at 4:57ampost #8603 of 112834/7/13 at 5:55amMy dad emailed his lawyer buddy about e Yamaha Beats case, and told him I was an audiophile and was very interested, as I dislike beats. Turns out, he's an audiophile too, and has LA-7000 and an Asgard 2post #8604 of 112834/7/13 at 8:01ampost #8605 of 112834/8/13 at 3:21pmpost #8606 of 112834/9/13 at 11:07amQuote:
Interesting...I remember seeing an LA7000 owner on these forums mention that he was a lawyer. Could be the same guy.post #8607 of 112834/9/13 at 12:41pmpost #8608 of 112834/9/13 at 9:51pmpost #8609 of 112834/10/13 at 12:49ampost #8610 of 112834/10/13 at 1:33amI mentioned about the university I go to before, having a fairly wide selection of nice headphones throughout compared to what I read from some of you.
This though, happened on the train.
I took out my headphones (VModa M80) and this guy roughly about the same age as me a few seats away looks at me for a few seconds with an intrigued expression. For a moment, I'm like "that guy probably has something too..". A minute later, he puts on his sennheiser hd25.
Didn't talk to him, but just thought it was Linda interesting haha
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 39 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 1 minute ago
- › -The Discovery of the New Ivery IS-1 (or Liberty 1’s) -Believe the... 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Need a Place to test headphones on Long Island... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations on Fun, Bassy, cool looking IEMs... 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)