Been a surprising week with 3 pairs of M50s, two black and one white (the white looks really nice)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 563post #8431 of 113122/28/13 at 4:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8432 of 113122/28/13 at 7:02amQuote:
That'd probably be the case. I just haven't seen Sony's like those in the studio before , something other than the usual Mdr 7506.post #8433 of 113122/28/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Tus-Chan
Someone left a pair of Monster DNAs in my career lab today, so I took the opportunity to pinch them for a while and do a mini review.
The build quality is fair. They look very good, and they feel good in your hands. They feel pretty solid. However, they fail in the mini details - the outside is prone to fingerprints, you can see seams in the headband construction if you look hard enough, and the folding / extending mechanism feels really cheap.
The inside of the headband is made of a nice rubber-ish material, and feels good on the head, as well as keeping its shape and uniformity when bending or extending the handband. However, the ear pads, which are a memory foam similar to what can be found on a V-MODA, are very uncomfortable and rest on the ears very poorly for an on-ear headphone. Only ten minutes in, I was feeling ear pain.
Isolation is decent but nothing to write home about.
These headphones are extremely efficient/sensitive and were probably purpose-built to play loud. On my Rockboxed Sansa Clip, the volume was at a high level at -20dB RMS.
The sound was surprisingly decent. No part of the frequency spectrum jumped out at me as offensive, and the headphones were pleasing to listen to. The detail level is fairly good, and the bass hits hard enough to be enjoyable without overwhelming the mids or treble. However, I have two major issues with the sound - for one, the tonality is terrible. These sound as though you're listening to speakers inside a wet paper box (I suspect due to a combination of boosted mids and treble dips). Secondly, there is zero soundstage to speak of. This was to be somewhat expected as these are closed on-ears, but it was still a disappointment.
My conclusion: These are probably pretty great for the average consumer, and they're certainly a fair deal better than the disaster that was Monster's previous similarly-priced on ear, the Beats Solo. However, I doubt that these are going to satisfy someone discerning enough to be on this board.
Edited by weirddub - 7/20/13 at 6:01ampost #8434 of 113122/28/13 at 10:15ampost #8435 of 113122/28/13 at 11:19pmpost #8436 of 113123/1/13 at 3:42ampost #8437 of 113123/1/13 at 9:35ampost #8438 of 113123/1/13 at 10:02ampost #8439 of 113123/2/13 at 7:59amQuote:
yea Grado headphones arent exactly what youd call portable (except the iGrado)
i just dont feel at all comfortable when i transport my sr80is even around my neck all throughout the daypost #8440 of 113123/2/13 at 1:38pmpost #8441 of 113123/2/13 at 10:21pmpost #8442 of 113123/2/13 at 10:36pmpost #8443 of 113123/3/13 at 3:49am
Wow! Sunday in Seoul seems to be Audio Technica day. 11 sightings of people wearing on-ear Audio Technica (yes, I started counting after the 3rd person I saw). Also saw one with a Sony XB400 around his neck. A suspicious looking Marley... looks like a Stir It Up. And another one wearing something around his neck with red pads. I can't tell 'cause the cups were folded with the pads up.
I find it strange that I think I'm the only one wearing circumaurals in the street. But I felt good. There's hope for human kind...
... until I was about to take the bus home and saw someone with a beats around his neck -.-'post #8444 of 113123/3/13 at 8:20amHaven't posted in a while
Anyway, I've been seeing lots of M50s here in Montreal which is nice.
A few Shure earbuds here and there.
Lots of beats.
A few of the new Monster Vektr
And, I was quite surprised, a Beyer DT770.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › USB vs Optical Dac 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 1 minute ago
- › Shure se846 vs. JH16/13 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions? 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 6 minutes ago
- › Gun-Fi 8 minutes ago
- › Headphone for fitting my prototype earpad using silk as both inner... 11 minutes ago
- › Interest Check / Trading Down: SE846 + Silver Litz Cable 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)