Been a surprising week with 3 pairs of M50s, two black and one white (the white looks really nice)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
After starting to review a few IEM's in the past week I decided to slip these babies back into my ears as a reference point for the other IEM's. After doing so for a few minutes I realized these...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 563post #8431 of 112512/28/13 at 4:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8432 of 112512/28/13 at 7:02amQuote:
That'd probably be the case. I just haven't seen Sony's like those in the studio before , something other than the usual Mdr 7506.post #8433 of 112512/28/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Tus-Chan
Someone left a pair of Monster DNAs in my career lab today, so I took the opportunity to pinch them for a while and do a mini review.
The build quality is fair. They look very good, and they feel good in your hands. They feel pretty solid. However, they fail in the mini details - the outside is prone to fingerprints, you can see seams in the headband construction if you look hard enough, and the folding / extending mechanism feels really cheap.
The inside of the headband is made of a nice rubber-ish material, and feels good on the head, as well as keeping its shape and uniformity when bending or extending the handband. However, the ear pads, which are a memory foam similar to what can be found on a V-MODA, are very uncomfortable and rest on the ears very poorly for an on-ear headphone. Only ten minutes in, I was feeling ear pain.
Isolation is decent but nothing to write home about.
These headphones are extremely efficient/sensitive and were probably purpose-built to play loud. On my Rockboxed Sansa Clip, the volume was at a high level at -20dB RMS.
The sound was surprisingly decent. No part of the frequency spectrum jumped out at me as offensive, and the headphones were pleasing to listen to. The detail level is fairly good, and the bass hits hard enough to be enjoyable without overwhelming the mids or treble. However, I have two major issues with the sound - for one, the tonality is terrible. These sound as though you're listening to speakers inside a wet paper box (I suspect due to a combination of boosted mids and treble dips). Secondly, there is zero soundstage to speak of. This was to be somewhat expected as these are closed on-ears, but it was still a disappointment.
My conclusion: These are probably pretty great for the average consumer, and they're certainly a fair deal better than the disaster that was Monster's previous similarly-priced on ear, the Beats Solo. However, I doubt that these are going to satisfy someone discerning enough to be on this board.
Edited by weirddub - 7/20/13 at 6:01ampost #8434 of 112512/28/13 at 10:15ampost #8435 of 112512/28/13 at 11:19pmpost #8436 of 112513/1/13 at 3:42ampost #8437 of 112513/1/13 at 9:35ampost #8438 of 112513/1/13 at 10:02ampost #8439 of 112513/2/13 at 7:59amQuote:
yea Grado headphones arent exactly what youd call portable (except the iGrado)
i just dont feel at all comfortable when i transport my sr80is even around my neck all throughout the daypost #8440 of 112513/2/13 at 1:38pmpost #8441 of 112513/2/13 at 10:21pmpost #8442 of 112513/2/13 at 10:36pmpost #8443 of 112513/3/13 at 3:49am
Wow! Sunday in Seoul seems to be Audio Technica day. 11 sightings of people wearing on-ear Audio Technica (yes, I started counting after the 3rd person I saw). Also saw one with a Sony XB400 around his neck. A suspicious looking Marley... looks like a Stir It Up. And another one wearing something around his neck with red pads. I can't tell 'cause the cups were folded with the pads up.
I find it strange that I think I'm the only one wearing circumaurals in the street. But I felt good. There's hope for human kind...
... until I was about to take the bus home and saw someone with a beats around his neck -.-'post #8444 of 112513/3/13 at 8:20amHaven't posted in a while
Anyway, I've been seeing lots of M50s here in Montreal which is nice.
A few Shure earbuds here and there.
Lots of beats.
A few of the new Monster Vektr
And, I was quite surprised, a Beyer DT770.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Are we spoiled around here? 35 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 59 seconds ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 1 minute ago
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX or Asus Xonar Phoebus? 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 6 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)