Been a surprising week with 3 pairs of M50s, two black and one white (the white looks really nice)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift GuideLast edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
To start off I have to clarify that i am not an "Audiophile", nothing about me is audiophile related except the love of music and headphones. So to start this review i'd like to talk about the...
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 563post #8431 of 104062/28/13 at 4:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8432 of 104062/28/13 at 7:02amQuote:
That'd probably be the case. I just haven't seen Sony's like those in the studio before , something other than the usual Mdr 7506.post #8433 of 104062/28/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Tus-Chan
Someone left a pair of Monster DNAs in my career lab today, so I took the opportunity to pinch them for a while and do a mini review.
The build quality is fair. They look very good, and they feel good in your hands. They feel pretty solid. However, they fail in the mini details - the outside is prone to fingerprints, you can see seams in the headband construction if you look hard enough, and the folding / extending mechanism feels really cheap.
The inside of the headband is made of a nice rubber-ish material, and feels good on the head, as well as keeping its shape and uniformity when bending or extending the handband. However, the ear pads, which are a memory foam similar to what can be found on a V-MODA, are very uncomfortable and rest on the ears very poorly for an on-ear headphone. Only ten minutes in, I was feeling ear pain.
Isolation is decent but nothing to write home about.
These headphones are extremely efficient/sensitive and were probably purpose-built to play loud. On my Rockboxed Sansa Clip, the volume was at a high level at -20dB RMS.
The sound was surprisingly decent. No part of the frequency spectrum jumped out at me as offensive, and the headphones were pleasing to listen to. The detail level is fairly good, and the bass hits hard enough to be enjoyable without overwhelming the mids or treble. However, I have two major issues with the sound - for one, the tonality is terrible. These sound as though you're listening to speakers inside a wet paper box (I suspect due to a combination of boosted mids and treble dips). Secondly, there is zero soundstage to speak of. This was to be somewhat expected as these are closed on-ears, but it was still a disappointment.
My conclusion: These are probably pretty great for the average consumer, and they're certainly a fair deal better than the disaster that was Monster's previous similarly-priced on ear, the Beats Solo. However, I doubt that these are going to satisfy someone discerning enough to be on this board.
Edited by weirddub - 7/20/13 at 6:01ampost #8434 of 104062/28/13 at 10:15ampost #8435 of 104062/28/13 at 11:19pmpost #8436 of 104063/1/13 at 3:42ampost #8437 of 104063/1/13 at 9:35ampost #8438 of 104063/1/13 at 10:02ampost #8439 of 104063/2/13 at 7:59amQuote:
yea Grado headphones arent exactly what youd call portable (except the iGrado)
i just dont feel at all comfortable when i transport my sr80is even around my neck all throughout the daypost #8440 of 104063/2/13 at 1:38pmpost #8441 of 104063/2/13 at 10:21pmpost #8442 of 104063/2/13 at 10:36pmpost #8443 of 104063/3/13 at 3:49am
Wow! Sunday in Seoul seems to be Audio Technica day. 11 sightings of people wearing on-ear Audio Technica (yes, I started counting after the 3rd person I saw). Also saw one with a Sony XB400 around his neck. A suspicious looking Marley... looks like a Stir It Up. And another one wearing something around his neck with red pads. I can't tell 'cause the cups were folded with the pads up.
I find it strange that I think I'm the only one wearing circumaurals in the street. But I felt good. There's hope for human kind...
... until I was about to take the bus home and saw someone with a beats around his neck -.-'post #8444 of 104063/3/13 at 8:20amHaven't posted in a while
Anyway, I've been seeing lots of M50s here in Montreal which is nice.
A few Shure earbuds here and there.
Lots of beats.
A few of the new Monster Vektr
And, I was quite surprised, a Beyer DT770.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 8 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 10 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 26 seconds ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 35 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe