Been a surprising week with 3 pairs of M50s, two black and one white (the white looks really nice)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 563post #8431 of 119572/28/13 at 4:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8432 of 119572/28/13 at 7:02amQuote:
That'd probably be the case. I just haven't seen Sony's like those in the studio before , something other than the usual Mdr 7506.post #8433 of 119572/28/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Tus-Chan
Someone left a pair of Monster DNAs in my career lab today, so I took the opportunity to pinch them for a while and do a mini review.
The build quality is fair. They look very good, and they feel good in your hands. They feel pretty solid. However, they fail in the mini details - the outside is prone to fingerprints, you can see seams in the headband construction if you look hard enough, and the folding / extending mechanism feels really cheap.
The inside of the headband is made of a nice rubber-ish material, and feels good on the head, as well as keeping its shape and uniformity when bending or extending the handband. However, the ear pads, which are a memory foam similar to what can be found on a V-MODA, are very uncomfortable and rest on the ears very poorly for an on-ear headphone. Only ten minutes in, I was feeling ear pain.
Isolation is decent but nothing to write home about.
These headphones are extremely efficient/sensitive and were probably purpose-built to play loud. On my Rockboxed Sansa Clip, the volume was at a high level at -20dB RMS.
The sound was surprisingly decent. No part of the frequency spectrum jumped out at me as offensive, and the headphones were pleasing to listen to. The detail level is fairly good, and the bass hits hard enough to be enjoyable without overwhelming the mids or treble. However, I have two major issues with the sound - for one, the tonality is terrible. These sound as though you're listening to speakers inside a wet paper box (I suspect due to a combination of boosted mids and treble dips). Secondly, there is zero soundstage to speak of. This was to be somewhat expected as these are closed on-ears, but it was still a disappointment.
My conclusion: These are probably pretty great for the average consumer, and they're certainly a fair deal better than the disaster that was Monster's previous similarly-priced on ear, the Beats Solo. However, I doubt that these are going to satisfy someone discerning enough to be on this board.
Edited by weirddub - 7/20/13 at 6:01ampost #8434 of 119572/28/13 at 10:15ampost #8435 of 119572/28/13 at 11:19pmpost #8436 of 119573/1/13 at 3:42ampost #8437 of 119573/1/13 at 9:35ampost #8438 of 119573/1/13 at 10:02ampost #8439 of 119573/2/13 at 7:59amQuote:
yea Grado headphones arent exactly what youd call portable (except the iGrado)
i just dont feel at all comfortable when i transport my sr80is even around my neck all throughout the daypost #8440 of 119573/2/13 at 1:38pmpost #8441 of 119573/2/13 at 10:21pmpost #8442 of 119573/2/13 at 10:36pmpost #8443 of 119573/3/13 at 3:49am
Wow! Sunday in Seoul seems to be Audio Technica day. 11 sightings of people wearing on-ear Audio Technica (yes, I started counting after the 3rd person I saw). Also saw one with a Sony XB400 around his neck. A suspicious looking Marley... looks like a Stir It Up. And another one wearing something around his neck with red pads. I can't tell 'cause the cups were folded with the pads up.
I find it strange that I think I'm the only one wearing circumaurals in the street. But I felt good. There's hope for human kind...
... until I was about to take the bus home and saw someone with a beats around his neck -.-'post #8444 of 119573/3/13 at 8:20amHaven't posted in a while
Anyway, I've been seeing lots of M50s here in Montreal which is nice.
A few Shure earbuds here and there.
Lots of beats.
A few of the new Monster Vektr
And, I was quite surprised, a Beyer DT770.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › FiiO E12 or E17? 1 second ago
- › MORA : Sony`s online high-res music site, starting October 17,... 11 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 36 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 38 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Macbook Pro soundcard VS ... 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Conductor sl 9018 v soloist 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2