Saw a PX200 and a Beyer DT990 Pro today!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 562
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8417 of 123112/25/13 at 12:09pmpost #8418 of 123112/25/13 at 12:29pm
Well, it went kinda like this:
"Me sees headphones
Me is like *are those beyers? Dun' look like 770s, let's see*
*Ooh, 990s even*
Person walks away
End of excitement"post #8419 of 123112/25/13 at 7:23pmMy school has PC350's in all the computer labs. Pretty nice mic, clear voice too, sucky for music, but oh well. Tech guys also have android sponges, yay. Too bad they thought my site had porn so they blocked it at school lolpost #8420 of 123112/26/13 at 8:45am
Someone left a pair of Monster DNAs in my career lab today, so I took the opportunity to pinch them for a while and do a mini review.
The build quality is fair. They look very good, and they feel good in your hands. They feel pretty solid. However, they fail in the mini details - the outside is prone to fingerprints, you can see seams in the headband construction if you look hard enough, and the folding / extending mechanism feels really cheap.
The inside of the headband is made of a nice rubber-ish material, and feels good on the head, as well as keeping its shape and uniformity when bending or extending the handband. However, the ear pads, which are a memory foam similar to what can be found on a V-MODA, are very uncomfortable and rest on the ears very poorly for an on-ear headphone. Only ten minutes in, I was feeling ear pain.
Isolation is decent but nothing to write home about.
These headphones are extremely efficient/sensitive and were probably purpose-built to play loud. On my Rockboxed Sansa Clip, the volume was at a high level at -20dB RMS.
The sound was surprisingly decent. No part of the frequency spectrum jumped out at me as offensive, and the headphones were pleasing to listen to. The detail level is fairly good, and the bass hits hard enough to be enjoyable without overwhelming the mids or treble. However, I have two major issues with the sound - for one, the tonality is terrible. These sound as though you're listening to speakers inside a wet paper box (I suspect due to a combination of boosted mids and treble dips). Secondly, there is zero soundstage to speak of. This was to be somewhat expected as these are closed on-ears, but it was still a disappointment.
My conclusion: These are probably pretty great for the average consumer, and they're certainly a fair deal better than the disaster that was Monster's previous similarly-priced on ear, the Beats Solo. However, I doubt that these are going to satisfy someone discerning enough to be on this board.post #8421 of 123112/26/13 at 7:49pmGosh I feel jealous of everyone. I never see anything at my school. I am lucky to even see beats. There are a couple people that I know that have beats. One lives on the same floor on my dorm that I live on. But other than that just all ibuds and maybe some cheap sony headphones. However, the one headphone that I did see was a Senn HD 202 on some guy that was in the computer lab. I got real excited and did a double take. But then I realized that even those are still cheap and he probably didnt care about SQ. It was just good to see some Senn's around here.
Ugh I wish there were more people that people that liked headphones.
Off topic my R.A. has a sweet Sony home theater system. Hes got multiple stereo reciever things and everything ( Not too knowalgeable about stereo systems but it looked awesome, and im a big fan of shiny things!)post #8422 of 123112/26/13 at 7:55pm
I saw a man walking around campus with what seemed to be Grade 325s. I'm not sure how loud he had to put his music, I wouldn't feel too comfortable with wearing those outdoors either.post #8423 of 123112/26/13 at 8:07pmpost #8424 of 123112/26/13 at 8:19pm
In my highschool, the chances of seeing decent headphones are about .05% The best headphones I've seen are the Sony Xb700's.. Yea, I know,,,, Thats sad. I also saw a guy once with a pair of sennheiser cans But i wasnt close enough to make them out. Oh yea, and a pair of Bose ie2s... AND THATS ABOUT IT :(post #8425 of 123112/27/13 at 6:23ampost #8426 of 123112/27/13 at 7:22am
saw Ronda Rousey rocking Monster Inspirations.. made me cringe. Still want her though.
but on a real sighting note.. driving home after work in Jax, FL.. spotted a random dude walkin' down the street with some sexified HD598s.. gawd I want those too.
Wish I could've stopped and hassled him into selling it to me.. next time if there's not much traffic. I'm in attack mode. lolpost #8427 of 123112/27/13 at 6:23pmpost #8428 of 123112/27/13 at 9:34pm
Looks like maybe a version of the MDR-V900HD?
edit: maybe not, wrong bails... I don't know. Could be a Japan only release...
Edited by liamstrain - 2/27/13 at 9:46pmpost #8429 of 123112/27/13 at 11:29pm
In the past couple of weeks at my university, besides the obvious headphones/earbuds, I've seen Sony XB700's and two ATH-PRO700MK2s (one was the limited edition version). I was always told the XB700's pads are big, but those pads still were a bit bigger than my expectations lol.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Is "apple quality" really worth of not deserving a dac/amp? 16 seconds ago
- › NEW Fostex TR-70, TR-80 & TR-90 1 minute ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000??? 1 minute ago
- › The Endgame Headphone - is there an end? 2 minutes ago
- › New - Cowon Plenue S 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...