Saw a PX200 and a Beyer DT990 Pro today!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/21/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Not an audiophile, but here are my most notable impressions of these in ears: They're V-Shaped Natural, warm, accurate, true to life are not the words I'd use to describe these headphones....
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 562
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8417 of 123432/25/13 at 12:09pmpost #8418 of 123432/25/13 at 12:29pm
Well, it went kinda like this:
"Me sees headphones
Me is like *are those beyers? Dun' look like 770s, let's see*
*Ooh, 990s even*
Person walks away
End of excitement"post #8419 of 123432/25/13 at 7:23pmMy school has PC350's in all the computer labs. Pretty nice mic, clear voice too, sucky for music, but oh well. Tech guys also have android sponges, yay. Too bad they thought my site had porn so they blocked it at school lolpost #8420 of 123432/26/13 at 8:45am
Someone left a pair of Monster DNAs in my career lab today, so I took the opportunity to pinch them for a while and do a mini review.
The build quality is fair. They look very good, and they feel good in your hands. They feel pretty solid. However, they fail in the mini details - the outside is prone to fingerprints, you can see seams in the headband construction if you look hard enough, and the folding / extending mechanism feels really cheap.
The inside of the headband is made of a nice rubber-ish material, and feels good on the head, as well as keeping its shape and uniformity when bending or extending the handband. However, the ear pads, which are a memory foam similar to what can be found on a V-MODA, are very uncomfortable and rest on the ears very poorly for an on-ear headphone. Only ten minutes in, I was feeling ear pain.
Isolation is decent but nothing to write home about.
These headphones are extremely efficient/sensitive and were probably purpose-built to play loud. On my Rockboxed Sansa Clip, the volume was at a high level at -20dB RMS.
The sound was surprisingly decent. No part of the frequency spectrum jumped out at me as offensive, and the headphones were pleasing to listen to. The detail level is fairly good, and the bass hits hard enough to be enjoyable without overwhelming the mids or treble. However, I have two major issues with the sound - for one, the tonality is terrible. These sound as though you're listening to speakers inside a wet paper box (I suspect due to a combination of boosted mids and treble dips). Secondly, there is zero soundstage to speak of. This was to be somewhat expected as these are closed on-ears, but it was still a disappointment.
My conclusion: These are probably pretty great for the average consumer, and they're certainly a fair deal better than the disaster that was Monster's previous similarly-priced on ear, the Beats Solo. However, I doubt that these are going to satisfy someone discerning enough to be on this board.post #8421 of 123432/26/13 at 7:49pmGosh I feel jealous of everyone. I never see anything at my school. I am lucky to even see beats. There are a couple people that I know that have beats. One lives on the same floor on my dorm that I live on. But other than that just all ibuds and maybe some cheap sony headphones. However, the one headphone that I did see was a Senn HD 202 on some guy that was in the computer lab. I got real excited and did a double take. But then I realized that even those are still cheap and he probably didnt care about SQ. It was just good to see some Senn's around here.
Ugh I wish there were more people that people that liked headphones.
Off topic my R.A. has a sweet Sony home theater system. Hes got multiple stereo reciever things and everything ( Not too knowalgeable about stereo systems but it looked awesome, and im a big fan of shiny things!)post #8422 of 123432/26/13 at 7:55pm
I saw a man walking around campus with what seemed to be Grade 325s. I'm not sure how loud he had to put his music, I wouldn't feel too comfortable with wearing those outdoors either.post #8423 of 123432/26/13 at 8:07pmpost #8424 of 123432/26/13 at 8:19pm
In my highschool, the chances of seeing decent headphones are about .05% The best headphones I've seen are the Sony Xb700's.. Yea, I know,,,, Thats sad. I also saw a guy once with a pair of sennheiser cans But i wasnt close enough to make them out. Oh yea, and a pair of Bose ie2s... AND THATS ABOUT IT :(post #8425 of 123432/27/13 at 6:23ampost #8426 of 123432/27/13 at 7:22am
saw Ronda Rousey rocking Monster Inspirations.. made me cringe. Still want her though.
but on a real sighting note.. driving home after work in Jax, FL.. spotted a random dude walkin' down the street with some sexified HD598s.. gawd I want those too.
Wish I could've stopped and hassled him into selling it to me.. next time if there's not much traffic. I'm in attack mode. lolpost #8427 of 123432/27/13 at 6:23pmpost #8428 of 123432/27/13 at 9:34pm
Looks like maybe a version of the MDR-V900HD?
edit: maybe not, wrong bails... I don't know. Could be a Japan only release...
Edited by liamstrain - 2/27/13 at 9:46pmpost #8429 of 123432/27/13 at 11:29pm
In the past couple of weeks at my university, besides the obvious headphones/earbuds, I've seen Sony XB700's and two ATH-PRO700MK2s (one was the limited edition version). I was always told the XB700's pads are big, but those pads still were a bit bigger than my expectations lol.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 6 seconds ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 22 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking to Upgrade from Shure SE535s. Any recommendations? 3 minutes ago
- › Can I use MixAmp"ASTRO +o2+odac(revb on xbox one 5 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO K1--smaller and better for less 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia vs. HIFIMAN HE1000 6 minutes ago
- › Anyone tried AGPtek players ? 7 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...