I saw someone rocking the Koss PortaPros for the first time today as I was walking into Best Buy. Somehow, they look sleeker to me in-person than in the pictures, IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 543post #8131 of 118361/19/13 at 12:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8132 of 118361/19/13 at 1:01pmpost #8133 of 118361/19/13 at 1:31pmQuote:
That's true, they do look much better the couple times I have seen them. Guy at my school with Monster Turbine Golds (he's convinced they are the single best headphones in the world, and nothing else is worth buying) has them. Kinda surprising, woulden't think $30 headphones can keep up with his IEMs.post #8134 of 118361/19/13 at 2:23pm
Saw someone in the mall today with UE6000s, stopped them and got into a conversation. Oddly enough we sat down and had lunch, talked about nothing but our own headphones, at the time I had my V-Moda LP2s with me, so we both let each other test the others out. And man did I like the UE6000s, after today I am seriously considering making them my next $150+ purchase.post #8135 of 118361/19/13 at 3:22pmpost #8136 of 118361/19/13 at 3:32pmpost #8137 of 118361/19/13 at 3:32pm
Saw a pair of Ultrasone DJ1 Pro's yesterday on the NYC subway.
They looked far better in person then I thought they would. They look so...... cheap..... in the pictures but in RL they look really really nice.post #8138 of 118361/19/13 at 5:29pmpost #8139 of 118361/19/13 at 5:33pm
Here in Honduras EVERYBODY uses beats. I saw like 5 today just by going to the mall. People here are convinced that they are the best headphones and the only person I know who doesn´t think that way only knows about the ATH-M50s and sennhieserpost #8140 of 118361/19/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Beats are pretty common here as well in BC, Canada. Usually when I'm out and about I either see a) Beats, or b) 5 dollar IEM's.post #8141 of 118361/19/13 at 6:46pmpost #8142 of 118361/19/13 at 7:42pmpost #8143 of 118361/19/13 at 8:36pm
I really like mine, they are indeed a very bassy headphone, but using the EQ settings from my iPod gives them alot of potential. I believe the $200 price tag was well worth it, I also really like the customization options, and the fact that their cables are un-beatable.post #8144 of 118361/20/13 at 4:33amI was on my way to be relinquished an M50 LE. In a subway train where 80% wear the white Galaxy earphones and 19% don't wear any, appears this one:
Eep! cellphone couldn't catch it well but those are ATH-M50.
I wish I could position myself to show the rest of the "white earphone" people.
Edited by Phoenix Jackson - 1/20/13 at 7:28am
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Icon Audio HP8 mkII trade for Audio Woo 6. Only EU. 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 3 minutes ago
- › Help! Broken Band on my headphones. 3 minutes ago
- › ATH-PRO500MK2 - Do you know how I can replace these terrible earpads? 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica Pro500 MK2 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › OnePlus One 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM650 Portable Music Player Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2