I saw someone rocking the Koss PortaPros for the first time today as I was walking into Best Buy. Somehow, they look sleeker to me in-person than in the pictures, IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 543post #8131 of 113121/19/13 at 12:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8132 of 113121/19/13 at 1:01pmpost #8133 of 113121/19/13 at 1:31pmQuote:
That's true, they do look much better the couple times I have seen them. Guy at my school with Monster Turbine Golds (he's convinced they are the single best headphones in the world, and nothing else is worth buying) has them. Kinda surprising, woulden't think $30 headphones can keep up with his IEMs.post #8134 of 113121/19/13 at 2:23pm
Saw someone in the mall today with UE6000s, stopped them and got into a conversation. Oddly enough we sat down and had lunch, talked about nothing but our own headphones, at the time I had my V-Moda LP2s with me, so we both let each other test the others out. And man did I like the UE6000s, after today I am seriously considering making them my next $150+ purchase.post #8135 of 113121/19/13 at 3:22pmpost #8136 of 113121/19/13 at 3:32pmpost #8137 of 113121/19/13 at 3:32pm
Saw a pair of Ultrasone DJ1 Pro's yesterday on the NYC subway.
They looked far better in person then I thought they would. They look so...... cheap..... in the pictures but in RL they look really really nice.post #8138 of 113121/19/13 at 5:29pmpost #8139 of 113121/19/13 at 5:33pm
Here in Honduras EVERYBODY uses beats. I saw like 5 today just by going to the mall. People here are convinced that they are the best headphones and the only person I know who doesn´t think that way only knows about the ATH-M50s and sennhieserpost #8140 of 113121/19/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Beats are pretty common here as well in BC, Canada. Usually when I'm out and about I either see a) Beats, or b) 5 dollar IEM's.post #8141 of 113121/19/13 at 6:46pmpost #8142 of 113121/19/13 at 7:42pmpost #8143 of 113121/19/13 at 8:36pm
I really like mine, they are indeed a very bassy headphone, but using the EQ settings from my iPod gives them alot of potential. I believe the $200 price tag was well worth it, I also really like the customization options, and the fact that their cables are un-beatable.post #8144 of 113121/20/13 at 4:33amI was on my way to be relinquished an M50 LE. In a subway train where 80% wear the white Galaxy earphones and 19% don't wear any, appears this one:
Eep! cellphone couldn't catch it well but those are ATH-M50.
I wish I could position myself to show the rest of the "white earphone" people.
Edited by Phoenix Jackson - 1/20/13 at 7:28am
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › My modded Alessandro MS1 for your.. 54 seconds ago
- › Musician, need IEM for live monitoring (200 - 250$) 1 minute ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)