- 373 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 542post #8116 of 123121/17/13 at 7:59amTriple fi 10, 2 pairs today in my school amidst a sea of beats users
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8117 of 123121/17/13 at 8:14amOne of my teachers has a pair of M-50s he uses occasionally, I've seen a couple other pairs of M-50s, and my friend loves his A900s. I couldn't talk my best friend out of getting something other than the Executive Beats for Christmaspost #8118 of 123121/17/13 at 3:14pmpost #8119 of 123121/17/13 at 5:49pmQuote:
IKR. I was watching a movie the other week, and this girl (obviously w/ implants, no less) has on a pair of Senns, and I say, "Wow, nice cans."
My parents were in the room. FML.post #8120 of 123121/17/13 at 10:09pm
Does this count as a sighting? It was in our school's daily newspaper. No Beats!
Ho Schiit, Innerfidelity is in there! *I didn't actually read the article yet*post #8121 of 123121/17/13 at 10:34pmpost #8122 of 123121/17/13 at 10:37pmpost #8123 of 123121/18/13 at 3:08am
I don't think I've ever seen anyone recommend the SE315. Not when the SE215 is so similar, yet so much cheaper. IO might have to see if I can write a segment for my uni paper. LCD2 and Stax SR07 as "budget" options anyone?post #8124 of 123121/18/13 at 4:41am
Avicii with the HD650s (600?) (and MX518) in his studio.
Other than that not much besides more Beats after Christmas, and some kids wearing the Executives all day in school.
Edited by AyeVeeN - 1/18/13 at 9:03ampost #8125 of 123121/18/13 at 6:38amQuote:
That's so cool.post #8126 of 123121/18/13 at 7:48am
I am at my college right this second and I see a guy wearing a pair of Sony xb-500's. Interesting... First sighting I have EVER seen that isnt beats lol :D
edit: About 5 minutes later saw some more sony headphones. I believe MDR V6's.... damn dudes got some good taste :P
Edited by blessedangel - 1/18/13 at 7:56ampost #8127 of 123121/18/13 at 1:25pmpost #8128 of 123121/18/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
lol RS1i.post #8129 of 123121/18/13 at 1:53pmQuote:
Back in my early days here on Head-Fi, I started a thread about what kind of people are in this community...ah here it is. I got some responses from fellow college folks. And yeah the threads are kind of dead at the moment. XD
I participated a bit in this student audiophile thread too:Quote:
I don't even recall hearing of the RS1i before. On the other hand, I can't think of any other headphone in that price range though other than the HiFiMAN HE-500 which is hard to drive. A Sennheiser HD650 probably would have been a better choice I think.
WAIT A SEC! I think I remember seeing a guy walking around campus with an RS1i! Maybe that was the author and he has a bias for it. I must find this guy! >:D
Yup, I found my old post.Quote:Originally Posted by miceblue
Apart from the sea of Beats headphones, I saw an HD558, HD201, Sony MDR7506, Sony XB_00 (they all look the same to me), Sony MDRNC7, Sol Republic Amps HD, Sol Republic Tracks.
I also found this kind of funny:
^ nice job wearing Sony headphones on a Sol Republic webpage
And holy moly, I just realized someone on campus was listening to a pair of Grado RS_i headphone. Jeeze.....~$500+ spent on open-back headphones and walking around campus on the first day of school when everyone is walking about. >.>
Edited by miceblue - 1/18/13 at 2:15pmpost #8130 of 123121/19/13 at 12:44pm
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 7 seconds ago
- › How long is the audeze lcd2 cable supposed to last? 49 seconds ago
- › Chicago area headphone meet - August 13th 2016 - ChiUniFi 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Tea-Fi? 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni/Modi V1 USB 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 4 minutes ago
- › Transformer Volume Control - Slagle Autoformer 4 minutes ago
- › Has anyone tested the Beoplay h5 5 minutes ago
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...