- 372 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
The Elecom LBT-PAR500AV was purchased by me on Ebay. I’m not in any way affiliated with Elecom. The price was about $50 when I bought it. About me: I’m a 42 year old music...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 542post #8116 of 121441/17/13 at 7:59amTriple fi 10, 2 pairs today in my school amidst a sea of beats users
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8117 of 121441/17/13 at 8:14amOne of my teachers has a pair of M-50s he uses occasionally, I've seen a couple other pairs of M-50s, and my friend loves his A900s. I couldn't talk my best friend out of getting something other than the Executive Beats for Christmaspost #8118 of 121441/17/13 at 3:14pmpost #8119 of 121441/17/13 at 5:49pmQuote:
IKR. I was watching a movie the other week, and this girl (obviously w/ implants, no less) has on a pair of Senns, and I say, "Wow, nice cans."
My parents were in the room. FML.post #8120 of 121441/17/13 at 10:09pm
Does this count as a sighting? It was in our school's daily newspaper. No Beats!
Ho Schiit, Innerfidelity is in there! *I didn't actually read the article yet*post #8121 of 121441/17/13 at 10:34pmpost #8122 of 121441/17/13 at 10:37pmpost #8123 of 121441/18/13 at 3:08am
I don't think I've ever seen anyone recommend the SE315. Not when the SE215 is so similar, yet so much cheaper. IO might have to see if I can write a segment for my uni paper. LCD2 and Stax SR07 as "budget" options anyone?post #8124 of 121441/18/13 at 4:41am
Avicii with the HD650s (600?) (and MX518) in his studio.
Other than that not much besides more Beats after Christmas, and some kids wearing the Executives all day in school.
Edited by AyeVeeN - 1/18/13 at 9:03ampost #8125 of 121441/18/13 at 6:38amQuote:
That's so cool.post #8126 of 121441/18/13 at 7:48am
I am at my college right this second and I see a guy wearing a pair of Sony xb-500's. Interesting... First sighting I have EVER seen that isnt beats lol :D
edit: About 5 minutes later saw some more sony headphones. I believe MDR V6's.... damn dudes got some good taste :P
Edited by blessedangel - 1/18/13 at 7:56ampost #8127 of 121441/18/13 at 1:25pmpost #8128 of 121441/18/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
lol RS1i.post #8129 of 121441/18/13 at 1:53pmQuote:
Back in my early days here on Head-Fi, I started a thread about what kind of people are in this community...ah here it is. I got some responses from fellow college folks. And yeah the threads are kind of dead at the moment. XD
I participated a bit in this student audiophile thread too:Quote:
I don't even recall hearing of the RS1i before. On the other hand, I can't think of any other headphone in that price range though other than the HiFiMAN HE-500 which is hard to drive. A Sennheiser HD650 probably would have been a better choice I think.
WAIT A SEC! I think I remember seeing a guy walking around campus with an RS1i! Maybe that was the author and he has a bias for it. I must find this guy! >:D
Yup, I found my old post.Quote:Originally Posted by miceblue
Apart from the sea of Beats headphones, I saw an HD558, HD201, Sony MDR7506, Sony XB_00 (they all look the same to me), Sony MDRNC7, Sol Republic Amps HD, Sol Republic Tracks.
I also found this kind of funny:
^ nice job wearing Sony headphones on a Sol Republic webpage
And holy moly, I just realized someone on campus was listening to a pair of Grado RS_i headphone. Jeeze.....~$500+ spent on open-back headphones and walking around campus on the first day of school when everyone is walking about. >.>
Edited by miceblue - 1/18/13 at 2:15pmpost #8130 of 121441/19/13 at 12:44pm
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Music Game IX 8 seconds ago
- › My DIY earphones 39 seconds ago
- › I just made a cheesesteak 2 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 3 minutes ago
- › Kennerton ODIN : the revelation 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Bought 2 pairs of headphones, need some advice if possible... 8 minutes ago
- › for sale in UK: 2 * PIMETA, 1 * CMOY 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3