- 372 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
First off, I got the E80 on loan from a generous fellow headfi'er. You know who you are. Thanks! I have absolutely no connection to SoundMagic and have no incentive to compose this review...
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 542post #8116 of 121461/17/13 at 7:59amTriple fi 10, 2 pairs today in my school amidst a sea of beats users
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8117 of 121461/17/13 at 8:14amOne of my teachers has a pair of M-50s he uses occasionally, I've seen a couple other pairs of M-50s, and my friend loves his A900s. I couldn't talk my best friend out of getting something other than the Executive Beats for Christmaspost #8118 of 121461/17/13 at 3:14pmpost #8119 of 121461/17/13 at 5:49pmQuote:
IKR. I was watching a movie the other week, and this girl (obviously w/ implants, no less) has on a pair of Senns, and I say, "Wow, nice cans."
My parents were in the room. FML.post #8120 of 121461/17/13 at 10:09pm
Does this count as a sighting? It was in our school's daily newspaper. No Beats!
Ho Schiit, Innerfidelity is in there! *I didn't actually read the article yet*post #8121 of 121461/17/13 at 10:34pmpost #8122 of 121461/17/13 at 10:37pmpost #8123 of 121461/18/13 at 3:08am
I don't think I've ever seen anyone recommend the SE315. Not when the SE215 is so similar, yet so much cheaper. IO might have to see if I can write a segment for my uni paper. LCD2 and Stax SR07 as "budget" options anyone?post #8124 of 121461/18/13 at 4:41am
Avicii with the HD650s (600?) (and MX518) in his studio.
Other than that not much besides more Beats after Christmas, and some kids wearing the Executives all day in school.
Edited by AyeVeeN - 1/18/13 at 9:03ampost #8125 of 121461/18/13 at 6:38amQuote:
That's so cool.post #8126 of 121461/18/13 at 7:48am
I am at my college right this second and I see a guy wearing a pair of Sony xb-500's. Interesting... First sighting I have EVER seen that isnt beats lol :D
edit: About 5 minutes later saw some more sony headphones. I believe MDR V6's.... damn dudes got some good taste :P
Edited by blessedangel - 1/18/13 at 7:56ampost #8127 of 121461/18/13 at 1:25pmpost #8128 of 121461/18/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
lol RS1i.post #8129 of 121461/18/13 at 1:53pmQuote:
Back in my early days here on Head-Fi, I started a thread about what kind of people are in this community...ah here it is. I got some responses from fellow college folks. And yeah the threads are kind of dead at the moment. XD
I participated a bit in this student audiophile thread too:Quote:
I don't even recall hearing of the RS1i before. On the other hand, I can't think of any other headphone in that price range though other than the HiFiMAN HE-500 which is hard to drive. A Sennheiser HD650 probably would have been a better choice I think.
WAIT A SEC! I think I remember seeing a guy walking around campus with an RS1i! Maybe that was the author and he has a bias for it. I must find this guy! >:D
Yup, I found my old post.Quote:Originally Posted by miceblue
Apart from the sea of Beats headphones, I saw an HD558, HD201, Sony MDR7506, Sony XB_00 (they all look the same to me), Sony MDRNC7, Sol Republic Amps HD, Sol Republic Tracks.
I also found this kind of funny:
^ nice job wearing Sony headphones on a Sol Republic webpage
And holy moly, I just realized someone on campus was listening to a pair of Grado RS_i headphone. Jeeze.....~$500+ spent on open-back headphones and walking around campus on the first day of school when everyone is walking about. >.>
Edited by miceblue - 1/18/13 at 2:15pmpost #8130 of 121461/19/13 at 12:44pm
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Some questions about settings (sample rate, latency, etc.) for an... 21 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 29 seconds ago
- › [ortho transplant] Fostex T40v1 driver into Phiaton PS 500 (many pics) 58 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Whiplash Audio 2 minutes ago
- › WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!! 3 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › MATRIX M-Stage HPA-3B Class A Full Balance Headphone Amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3