White Focal Spirit One on the Clarkson line, Friday 4:40 ish, Perth
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 540post #8086 of 113551/13/13 at 5:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8087 of 113551/13/13 at 7:09pmpost #8088 of 113551/13/13 at 7:18pm
My housemate came back from holidays. Out of 6 of them, one has a pair of Sony wireless thing, one has a pair of Beats Studios, 1 pair of Beats Solo HDs, and 2 pairs of Beats Solo fakes. The final guy uses iBuds.post #8089 of 113551/13/13 at 7:19pmQuote:
Where do you go to college? I am JEALOUS.post #8090 of 113551/13/13 at 7:24pmpost #8091 of 113551/13/13 at 8:07pmQuote:
I wonder if there is a correlation between beats users in universities and the rank of the university, I assume the harder the university, the less people stupid enough to spend money on overpriced stuff and go with alternatives or stick with stock earpods
A colleague of mine is probably the only beats studio user in my faculty but we have mandatory co-op so any headphone is basically affordable as a self present and my best friend has the solo HD, I give him enough **** about it lolpost #8092 of 113551/14/13 at 9:41am
Must be karma, all I saw today were Beats and Bose headphones. Though it may have something to do with my classes being in arts buildings today. I did see one guy with a pair of on-ears plugged into an E17 though.post #8093 of 113551/14/13 at 11:28am
Quite the day for headphone sightings.
A900 (I know, right?)
And your assortments of Sol Republic, Beats, etc.
Edited by viralcow - 1/14/13 at 12:19pmpost #8094 of 113551/14/13 at 7:54pm
I have no idea what model they are, but over the last month Ive seen at least 40 or 50 pairs of the exact same white Sony brand on-ear headphones. Amazes me.
Other than that few pairs of Beats Studios.
Saw someone walking around town with some HD598s
Another person in a Starbucks with some Grado SR125i. I sat down and talked to him about them for awhile, told him about this site, maybe he will sign up.post #8095 of 113551/14/13 at 10:11pmQuote:
ZX100post #8096 of 113551/15/13 at 1:03ampost #8097 of 113551/15/13 at 1:49amQuote:
They cost $35 but sound like they should cost $80-$90. It's the price-performance ratio that people (me included) are raving about :)post #8098 of 113551/15/13 at 6:16amQuote:
They are really fun to listen to and good with a lot of music. They are still one of my favorites, and I own multiple headphonespost #8099 of 113551/15/13 at 9:21amQuote:
I wouldn't go that far. The $80-90 range has some heavy hitters in it, the CAL, TBSE/DJ100 sound much better than the Porta Pros, imo.post #8100 of 113551/15/13 at 2:04pmQuote:
Agreed - they're a great price/performance package and a lot of fun, but they don't have the resolution or refinement of a more expensive headphone.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 11 seconds ago
- › CREATE THE ULTIMATE FPS HEADSET!!! 42 seconds ago
- › FS: M-Audio Q40 headphone driver/capsule 56 seconds ago
- › Doodlebug - USB Isolator 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 2 minutes ago
- › pupDAC Step-by-Step Build Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)