Yeah. I had him google them-he said that they were too big to carry around with his Galaxy S3-LMAO. He didn't understand the concept of an amp. Nor the idea of music beyond MP3s. He didn't know what a bitrate was. I could not stop laughing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 538post #8056 of 123121/9/13 at 3:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8057 of 123121/9/13 at 3:25pmpost #8058 of 123121/9/13 at 3:29pmpost #8059 of 123121/9/13 at 3:46pm
Smartphones are getting way too big these days. At least girls have purses and handbags. We guys have to stuff them in our tiny pockets...post #8060 of 123121/9/13 at 7:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by moses667
It isn't terribly unusual... my parents style themselves audiophiles and have pretty good high-end speaker setups, but don't know much about headphones. What I found most amusing was that my dad (a physicist) didn't consider that any headphone couldn't run equally well from any headphone jack (600 ohm!). So my mom didn't like the headphones straight from her iPhone and put them in the drawer without a second thought. Given that she'd been asking for a decent set of closed headphones to use at work, I was sorta stunned to find she had exactly that. Now I just have to find a little portable amp for her. Maybe a CmoyBB if she doesn't turn up her nose at it being in an Altoids tin. Maybe if I tell her it'll keep it from being stolen off her desk...
or just get her a CAL! and trade it for the Beyers -= profit :Ppost #8061 of 123121/9/13 at 7:46pm
Just saw my favorite audio store preparing to burn in the IE 800s..Quote:
What did he say?post #8062 of 123121/9/13 at 8:41pmQuote:post #8063 of 123121/9/13 at 11:12pmpost #8064 of 123121/9/13 at 11:26pmpost #8065 of 123121/10/13 at 4:52amQuote:
I'm an art student and take offence to this! hehe. Nothing wrong with pointing out good brush stroke quality or pointing out feelings that radiate from a piece and speak to you.post #8066 of 123121/10/13 at 7:17am
Guy on the blue line train home last night was wearing either Denon D5000 or D7000's - he was one car over so I wasn't close enough to tell which.post #8067 of 123121/10/13 at 8:02amQuote:
A few years ago I used to be an art student. The post was tongue-in-cheek, and only reflected my own past impressionable self. No ill feelings were intendedpost #8068 of 123121/10/13 at 8:59ampost #8069 of 123121/10/13 at 10:09ampost #8070 of 123121/10/13 at 10:34amQuote:
hehe I was just starting trouble ^_~. I agree many of my fellow art students are kinda just how you described !
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Koss Portapro Thread 3 seconds ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-A3 - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 6 minutes ago
- › High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and... 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 9 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 9 minutes ago
- › Conductor Air pocket sized USB DAC, Headphone Amp, Remote... 9 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 9 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...