Yeah. I had him google them-he said that they were too big to carry around with his Galaxy S3-LMAO. He didn't understand the concept of an amp. Nor the idea of music beyond MP3s. He didn't know what a bitrate was. I could not stop laughing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 538post #8056 of 121751/9/13 at 3:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8057 of 121751/9/13 at 3:25pmpost #8058 of 121751/9/13 at 3:29pmpost #8059 of 121751/9/13 at 3:46pm
Smartphones are getting way too big these days. At least girls have purses and handbags. We guys have to stuff them in our tiny pockets...post #8060 of 121751/9/13 at 7:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by moses667
It isn't terribly unusual... my parents style themselves audiophiles and have pretty good high-end speaker setups, but don't know much about headphones. What I found most amusing was that my dad (a physicist) didn't consider that any headphone couldn't run equally well from any headphone jack (600 ohm!). So my mom didn't like the headphones straight from her iPhone and put them in the drawer without a second thought. Given that she'd been asking for a decent set of closed headphones to use at work, I was sorta stunned to find she had exactly that. Now I just have to find a little portable amp for her. Maybe a CmoyBB if she doesn't turn up her nose at it being in an Altoids tin. Maybe if I tell her it'll keep it from being stolen off her desk...
or just get her a CAL! and trade it for the Beyers -= profit :Ppost #8061 of 121751/9/13 at 7:46pm
Just saw my favorite audio store preparing to burn in the IE 800s..Quote:
What did he say?post #8062 of 121751/9/13 at 8:41pmQuote:post #8063 of 121751/9/13 at 11:12pmpost #8064 of 121751/9/13 at 11:26pmpost #8065 of 121751/10/13 at 4:52amQuote:
I'm an art student and take offence to this! hehe. Nothing wrong with pointing out good brush stroke quality or pointing out feelings that radiate from a piece and speak to you.post #8066 of 121751/10/13 at 7:17ampost #8067 of 121751/10/13 at 8:02amQuote:
A few years ago I used to be an art student. The post was tongue-in-cheek, and only reflected my own past impressionable self. No ill feelings were intendedpost #8068 of 121751/10/13 at 8:59ampost #8069 of 121751/10/13 at 10:09ampost #8070 of 121751/10/13 at 10:34amQuote:
hehe I was just starting trouble ^_~. I agree many of my fellow art students are kinda just how you described !
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best desktop speakers that have XLR ins? 2 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T20? Any alternatives? 4 minutes ago
- › [TOUR] Cayin N5 DAP (AK4490EQ, DSD, 2.5mm balanced headphone) 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2