Yeah. I had him google them-he said that they were too big to carry around with his Galaxy S3-LMAO. He didn't understand the concept of an amp. Nor the idea of music beyond MP3s. He didn't know what a bitrate was. I could not stop laughing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 538post #8056 of 123861/9/13 at 3:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8057 of 123861/9/13 at 3:25pmpost #8058 of 123861/9/13 at 3:29pmpost #8059 of 123861/9/13 at 3:46pm
Smartphones are getting way too big these days. At least girls have purses and handbags. We guys have to stuff them in our tiny pockets...post #8060 of 123861/9/13 at 7:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by moses667
It isn't terribly unusual... my parents style themselves audiophiles and have pretty good high-end speaker setups, but don't know much about headphones. What I found most amusing was that my dad (a physicist) didn't consider that any headphone couldn't run equally well from any headphone jack (600 ohm!). So my mom didn't like the headphones straight from her iPhone and put them in the drawer without a second thought. Given that she'd been asking for a decent set of closed headphones to use at work, I was sorta stunned to find she had exactly that. Now I just have to find a little portable amp for her. Maybe a CmoyBB if she doesn't turn up her nose at it being in an Altoids tin. Maybe if I tell her it'll keep it from being stolen off her desk...
or just get her a CAL! and trade it for the Beyers -= profit :Ppost #8061 of 123861/9/13 at 7:46pm
Just saw my favorite audio store preparing to burn in the IE 800s..Quote:
What did he say?post #8062 of 123861/9/13 at 8:41pmQuote:post #8063 of 123861/9/13 at 11:12pmpost #8064 of 123861/9/13 at 11:26pmpost #8065 of 123861/10/13 at 4:52amQuote:
I'm an art student and take offence to this! hehe. Nothing wrong with pointing out good brush stroke quality or pointing out feelings that radiate from a piece and speak to you.post #8066 of 123861/10/13 at 7:17am
Guy on the blue line train home last night was wearing either Denon D5000 or D7000's - he was one car over so I wasn't close enough to tell which.post #8067 of 123861/10/13 at 8:02amQuote:
A few years ago I used to be an art student. The post was tongue-in-cheek, and only reflected my own past impressionable self. No ill feelings were intendedpost #8068 of 123861/10/13 at 8:59ampost #8069 of 123861/10/13 at 10:09ampost #8070 of 123861/10/13 at 10:34amQuote:
hehe I was just starting trouble ^_~. I agree many of my fellow art students are kinda just how you described !
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 41 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 3 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear