Yeah. I had him google them-he said that they were too big to carry around with his Galaxy S3-LMAO. He didn't understand the concept of an amp. Nor the idea of music beyond MP3s. He didn't know what a bitrate was. I could not stop laughing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Moon Neo Series 430 HAD Reference Headphone Amplifier With optional DSD/32-Bit PCM DAC Eric Neff Headphone.Guru June 2015 CanJam at RMAF last October was bursting at the seams....
Not as stylish as an A&K but very well built, apart from the flimsy wheel. Good materials and nice finishes and overall intiutive U.I. give a quite nice experience. First of, some APE and DSD...
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 538post #8056 of 121821/9/13 at 3:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8057 of 121821/9/13 at 3:25pmpost #8058 of 121821/9/13 at 3:29pmpost #8059 of 121821/9/13 at 3:46pm
Smartphones are getting way too big these days. At least girls have purses and handbags. We guys have to stuff them in our tiny pockets...post #8060 of 121821/9/13 at 7:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by moses667
It isn't terribly unusual... my parents style themselves audiophiles and have pretty good high-end speaker setups, but don't know much about headphones. What I found most amusing was that my dad (a physicist) didn't consider that any headphone couldn't run equally well from any headphone jack (600 ohm!). So my mom didn't like the headphones straight from her iPhone and put them in the drawer without a second thought. Given that she'd been asking for a decent set of closed headphones to use at work, I was sorta stunned to find she had exactly that. Now I just have to find a little portable amp for her. Maybe a CmoyBB if she doesn't turn up her nose at it being in an Altoids tin. Maybe if I tell her it'll keep it from being stolen off her desk...
or just get her a CAL! and trade it for the Beyers -= profit :Ppost #8061 of 121821/9/13 at 7:46pm
Just saw my favorite audio store preparing to burn in the IE 800s..Quote:
What did he say?post #8062 of 121821/9/13 at 8:41pmQuote:post #8063 of 121821/9/13 at 11:12pmpost #8064 of 121821/9/13 at 11:26pmpost #8065 of 121821/10/13 at 4:52amQuote:
I'm an art student and take offence to this! hehe. Nothing wrong with pointing out good brush stroke quality or pointing out feelings that radiate from a piece and speak to you.post #8066 of 121821/10/13 at 7:17ampost #8067 of 121821/10/13 at 8:02amQuote:
A few years ago I used to be an art student. The post was tongue-in-cheek, and only reflected my own past impressionable self. No ill feelings were intendedpost #8068 of 121821/10/13 at 8:59ampost #8069 of 121821/10/13 at 10:09ampost #8070 of 121821/10/13 at 10:34amQuote:
hehe I was just starting trouble ^_~. I agree many of my fellow art students are kinda just how you described !
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 1 minute ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › New z170 mobo doesn't have Toslink 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR1-ABT Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Simaudio MOON Neo 430HA by longbowbbs
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by flognarde
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2