Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 537

post #8041 of 11041

Amongst the sea of Beats and iBuds/Earpods, I saw a guy with the relatively new Sony MDR-X10 phones (the Simon Cowell endorsed ones) at school the other day. I guess that's an improvement over the Beats, although not by much. 
 

post #8042 of 11041

During my trip to Japan , saw a dude with Momentums entering an anime store.Went into the store (I'm an anime fan myself) and saw a girl with pink Pioneers which I can't identify.

 

Oh , and apple old earphones(not earpods) ...apple earphones everywhere...

post #8043 of 11041
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGuyG View Post


The earPods aren't terrible. I was actually rather impressed compared to what used to be bundled. I listened to my moms when she got the 5. I was like, hmmm, these actually aren't bad. They aren't great but they are definitely good enough for the average person. If I had to choose between those or buying beats I'd keep my money and use the earPods.

Hmm, I always got the impression that they were pretty bad, maybe I should give them a go... 

 

First day back in school and no headphones in sight at all, but I did see a guy with Porta-pros at the train station. Those things really stand out, never seen anyone bold enough wear them in person!

post #8044 of 11041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobmachine View Post

Hmm, I always got the impression that they were pretty bad, maybe I should give them a go... 

First day back in school and no headphones in sight at all, but I did see a guy with Porta-pros at the train station. Those things really stand out, never seen anyone bold enough wear them in person!

Don't go and buy them but give a listen, they aren't great but the sound they have would appeal to most people. They are simply miles and miles ahead of the old buds Apple used to supply.
post #8045 of 11041
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGuyG View Post


Don't go and buy them but give a listen, they aren't great but the sound they have would appeal to most people. They are simply miles and miles ahead of the old buds Apple used to supply.

 

Haha no way would I buy them, I'm surrounded by them, I'll just borrow a friends to try them out ;)

post #8046 of 11041
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJazzyH View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses667 View Post

Found a pair of Beyer DT 770s pro 600 ohm in my parents' CD cabinet.
"Hey ma! What's up with these headphones?!?"
"Dunno, something your dad got me for my birthday."
"Mind if I borrow them?..."


Lucky you! Seems like your dad knows a thing a two about audio himself. Reminds me of when I listened to one of my favorites cd on my dad's karaoke/stereo setup for the first time, during the beginning stages of my audiophilia (which was not too long ago). I only ever listened to music on my computer before then, so it was a real ear-opener to how good my music could sound.  

It isn't terribly unusual... my parents style themselves audiophiles and have pretty good high-end speaker setups, but don't know much about headphones. What I found most amusing was that my dad (a physicist) didn't consider that any headphone couldn't run equally well from any headphone jack (600 ohm!). So my mom didn't like the headphones straight from her iPhone and put them in the drawer without a second thought. Given that she'd been asking for a decent set of closed headphones to use at work, I was sorta stunned to find she had exactly that. Now I just have to find a little portable amp for her. Maybe a CmoyBB if she doesn't turn up her nose at it being in an Altoids tin. Maybe if I tell her it'll keep it from being stolen off her desk...

post #8047 of 11041
Quote:
Originally Posted by moses667 View Post

It isn't terribly unusual... my parents style themselves audiophiles and have pretty good high-end speaker setups, but don't know much about headphones. What I found most amusing was that my dad (a physicist) didn't consider that any headphone couldn't run equally well from any headphone jack (600 ohm!). So my mom didn't like the headphones straight from her iPhone and put them in the drawer without a second thought. Given that she'd been asking for a decent set of closed headphones to use at work, I was sorta stunned to find she had exactly that. Now I just have to find a little portable amp for her. Maybe a CmoyBB if she doesn't turn up her nose at it being in an Altoids tin. Maybe if I tell her it'll keep it from being stolen off her desk...

If your parents has pretty good high-end speaker setups then you might want to invest on something better than a Cmoy. Not saying that Cmoy isn't "good", but there are better things out there.

post #8048 of 11041

I saw a guy at my school with a pair of  M50s. I was happy to say the least. 

post #8049 of 11041

Saw a guy with a pair of se425s in school, he stared at my customs...

post #8050 of 11041
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdacow View Post

Saw a guy with a pair of se425s in school, he stared at my customs...

I would stare any anyone with customs as well. Then I'd ask for the model.

post #8051 of 11041
post #8052 of 11041

Saw a guy wearing Beats... fake Beats... I kinda felt sorry for him :/

post #8053 of 11041

Saw a pair of Denon AH-D950 on the train 2 days ago, Was a little confused because it said "Tor Network" in white on it, looking a little closer (with ninja special headphone spotter technique) I could confirm it said Denon in a dark gold color.

 

Also saw some Porta pros and some Beats...

post #8054 of 11041

The kid at my school with Monster Turbine Coppers (or maybe golds) claimed that they were the single best pair of headphones in the world today. I asked him if he had ever heard of a company called Stax. :D

post #8055 of 11041
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender323 View Post

The kid at my school with Monster Turbine Coppers (or maybe golds) claimed that they were the single best pair of headphones in the world today. I asked him if he had ever heard of a company called Stax. biggrin.gif
Did u tell him the price after that? smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2