Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 527

post #7891 of 11688
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmaggot View Post

Saw a pair of k240's in town today. I recognised it as the older brothersomeone who used to give me heaps of crap, and in particular said that my k242's were gay because they had holes in the back of them.

please tell me more. I like hearing about idiots that eventually fall victim to their own shpiel

 

But I wonder about his reasoning for calling your k242s were "gay" because it had holes.

post #7892 of 11688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinze View Post

I wear my W4s with 1 ear in and 1 ear off when I'm out all the time - I really don't see what's wrong with it..

If your music player allows mono mixing it is pretty useful (like with Power Amp).

post #7893 of 11688

Guy in my building wearing Parrot Zik's - had a nice chat about them on the way in today. 

post #7894 of 11688
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstrain View Post

the new Harman/Kardon on ears? 

 

close but not quite, the headband was black as well, and the cups had more depth and a more plastiky look, must've been a cheap no name brand

post #7895 of 11688

Monster has a new one:

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=6547

 

Maybe those? 

 

Or, as you say, some other random ones lurking around. Marshall Majors are square ish - couldn't be those? 


Edited by liamstrain - 12/5/12 at 10:56am
post #7896 of 11688
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstrain View Post

Monster has a new one:

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=6547

 

Maybe those? 

 

Or, as you say, some other random ones lurking around. Marshall Majors are square ish - couldn't be those? 

ah yes pretty sure it was those monster ones, considering the retail price im surprised i saw them downtown after dark. impressive google-fu biggrin.gif

post #7897 of 11688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallade475 View Post

please tell me more. I like hearing about idiots that eventually fall victim to their own shpiel

 

But I wonder about his reasoning for calling your k242s were "gay" because it had holes.

It's just kind of the said word when you go to an all boys high school, which just really shows the level of maturity :/. The school has lots of pairs of 142's in our music labs, and he does a lot music subjects, 1, because he plays guitar, ans 2, because he isn't into the 'intellectual' subjects. I guess he just really liked those and decided to get into some nice cans.

post #7898 of 11688
In my high school they are NO good phones, dozens of beats, some skullcandy,a friend has urbanears... the only guy I know that does not has beats has Pioneer HDJ500, and I think he knows something about audio because when I passed him my M80's today he said the bass was nice and not boomy like most other phones (he listens mostly to electronica) so props to him... another friend has some Philips Cityscape downtown he got out of my recommendation (I have uptown and give them a thumbs up) and another friend just ordered some Logitech UE6000 (also out of my recommendation, maybe like these, one by one, I can get all my friends to get nice consumer cans :P
post #7899 of 11688

 

700

post #7900 of 11688

Check out this Martin Solveig video @0:15

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuLNnl2i3IU&list=FL-Iflm0NRkau9x-2lXwHW8g&index=7

 

I think he's wearing some variant of the Sennheiser HD25, although I can't tell much more than that. Can somebody else identify it further?

 

At my high school, there's a ton of Beats (Mostly Solos, Studios, and a few of the other models), and other various low-end gear, as expected. Today, however, I saw a guy who I believe was taking photos for our school magazine using the Sennheiser HD201 or some other low-end Sennheiser model during the photo shoot. I kept my distance, so I'm not 100% sure.

 

There's also this dude in my psychology class who occasionally has the Bowers and Wilkins P5 out since my teacher permits music during classwork. When I inquired about his phones, he not only proclaimed himself an audiophile, but recommended me his set, telling me the P5s were worth their price. I neglected to ask him if he knew head-fi, though. =(

post #7901 of 11688
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJazzyH View Post

Check out this Martin Solveig video @0:15

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuLNnl2i3IU&list=FL-Iflm0NRkau9x-2lXwHW8g&index=7

 

I think he's wearing some variant of the Sennheiser HD25, although I can't tell much more than that. Can somebody else identify it further?

 

At my high school, there's a ton of Beats (Mostly Solos, Studios, and a few of the other models), and other various low-end gear, as expected. Today, however, I saw a guy who I believe was taking photos for our school magazine using the Sennheiser HD201 or some other low-end Sennheiser model during the photo shoot. I kept my distance, so I'm not 100% sure.

 

There's also this dude in my psychology class who occasionally has the Bowers and Wilkins P5 out since my teacher permits music during classwork. When I inquired about his phones, he not only proclaimed himself an audiophile, but recommended me his set, telling me the P5s were worth their price. I neglected to ask him if he knew head-fi, though. =(

Good eyes man! He is shaking his head yet you can see it! :) Yea, I think it's a HD25

post #7902 of 11688

Hey! as far as videos. I found out that Afrojack has 2 "real" phones in one of his vids:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6h0_9Zv7aM (for some reason I can't post it)

 

but take a look at it! He has Beyers DT770 for "on the go" and on stage he's rocking HD25s, In my book this gives him a lot more credibility in my book :P

post #7903 of 11688

One Beats Solo HD, one Sennheiser HD 201 and one over-the ear in-ear monitor I didn't get to look at properly. Tons of stock earbuds too.

post #7904 of 11688

saw a pair of beats studios in my rear view mirror on the guy in the car behind me on my way to the high school

post #7905 of 11688
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJazzyH View Post

Check out this Martin Solveig video @0:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuLNnl2i3IU&list=FL-Iflm0NRkau9x-2lXwHW8g&index=7

I think he's wearing some variant of the Sennheiser HD25, although I can't tell much more than that. Can somebody else identify it further?

At my high school, there's a ton of Beats (Mostly Solos, Studios, and a few of the other models), and other various low-end gear, as expected. Today, however, I saw a guy who I believe was taking photos for our school magazine using the Sennheiser HD201 or some other low-end Sennheiser model during the photo shoot. I kept my distance, so I'm not 100% sure.

There's also this dude in my psychology class who occasionally has the Bowers and Wilkins P5 out since my teacher permits music during classwork. When I inquired about his phones, he not only proclaimed himself an audiophile, but recommended me his set, telling me the P5s were worth their price. I neglected to ask him if he knew head-fi, though. =(
Yeah, they're HD25s, and probably the pro model with a split headband.

I wouldn't be surprised with Bowers guy being an Apple user and a self proclaimed computer expert because of which. The P5 are nice headphones, but it's obvious they're an iPhone fashion accessory and viciously overpriced; sort of Monster for wankers, if you know what I mean.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2