I saw a guy with black skullcandy aviators at the supermarket today. Glad to see them getting more popular, great pair of headphones imo, especially at the £90 price. I'm always tempted to get them in brown, just to add to the collection.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 523post #7831 of 1214311/28/12 at 7:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7832 of 1214311/28/12 at 8:18ampost #7833 of 1214311/28/12 at 8:46ampost #7834 of 1214311/28/12 at 9:31am
5 pairs.. D: And he claims to know headphones.. Why don't you introduce him to Head-Fi? Just a crazy idea.
Anyway.. not much sightings these days.. Just an HD202 and a bunch of colorful generic IEMs..
Edited by nikkojames15 - 11/28/12 at 9:33ampost #7835 of 1214311/28/12 at 1:43pm
I have been seeing a bunch of V-Modas lately, I saw some while visiting Ann Arbor and two at the university I go to.
I don't know what model they are.
I have also seen a couple of ATH-M50s
Edited by milligan - 11/28/12 at 1:48pmpost #7836 of 1214311/28/12 at 3:22pm
TF10 on a young lady yesterday. PortaPros on a few people. A Shure IEM this morning. V6 and 7506 in offices. HD 280 once. Not counting regular (i.e. recurring) sightings. Two Incase Sonics recently. An SR60 at Montgomery station. I see an HD202 every other day or so.
Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I see a lot of the Klipsch S4 family of products these days. And DT770 Pro (on different people) every couple of weeks.post #7837 of 1214311/28/12 at 3:28pmpost #7838 of 1214311/28/12 at 5:38pm
Saw a guy trying to sell SOL Republic headphones.
Approached and asked him what's up
He started by bending the head band to demonstrate the durability
Asked him about the sound signature
Demo'ed for a bit with my Clip+: muffled bass and recessed mid
post #7839 of 1214311/28/12 at 6:52pmpost #7840 of 1214311/28/12 at 9:11pm
Phony? for using his smartphone as a source? how does that track? Reasonable music sources are not particularly difficult to make these days - and good players are available for all OS's. The M50's are supremely forgiving of source amplification...
Seriously. We've got some real snobs here.post #7841 of 1214311/28/12 at 9:50pm
Well, i guess you're quite an ignorant with a bunch of cans then, you can judge whatever you want. Here's the model : Motorola Ex118
My girlfriend owns this phone, it cant supply the m50's (i've tried it).
The dude didnt had an amp, so yeah, phony. I'm not a snob, firstly because I don't consider myself an audiophile, I just enjoy good quality music.
Sorry about yourself mate.
Edited by Adeoh - 11/28/12 at 9:52pmpost #7842 of 1214311/28/12 at 10:08pm
It may be that he doesn't know better - that doesn't make him phony (or mean that he is not enjoying the hell out of his M50s - they may not be played to their full advantage, but they'll still sound good.)post #7843 of 1214311/28/12 at 10:20pm
Well he was walking all snobby with that look on his face (that look that most beats by dre owners have) i was wearing my m80's and he just kinda glanced at them and then gave me this 'i don't know your cans but mine are superior' look while holding his motorola switching may be 128kbps songs, you had to be there to understand, i wouldnt have called him phony if he didnt looked phony.
there was this guy with senn's hd25mk2 at college once and he actually knew what he was talking about, he was a pretentious son of a bitch, but he did his homework, even though he didnt know a thing when i talked about beyerdynamics ( i had my dt880 on my neck ) then he just kinda felt threatened and left (lol).post #7844 of 1214311/29/12 at 2:47am
Sure sounds like a bunch of prats out there, and seriously, DT880 at college? Unless I'm travelling around(like flying) something a pair of TF10s and Ipod does it nicely for me. Nothing that needs amping will be out on the streets for me.post #7845 of 1214311/29/12 at 3:02amQuote:
I have a 4 hour drawing class, i like to be in my zone.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Three Word Story 23 seconds ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 37 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 41 seconds ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3