I saw a guy with black skullcandy aviators at the supermarket today. Glad to see them getting more popular, great pair of headphones imo, especially at the £90 price. I'm always tempted to get them in brown, just to add to the collection.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/21/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 523post #7831 of 1233011/28/12 at 7:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7832 of 1233011/28/12 at 8:18ampost #7833 of 1233011/28/12 at 8:46ampost #7834 of 1233011/28/12 at 9:31am
5 pairs.. D: And he claims to know headphones.. Why don't you introduce him to Head-Fi? Just a crazy idea.
Anyway.. not much sightings these days.. Just an HD202 and a bunch of colorful generic IEMs..
Edited by nikkojames15 - 11/28/12 at 9:33ampost #7835 of 1233011/28/12 at 1:43pm
I have been seeing a bunch of V-Modas lately, I saw some while visiting Ann Arbor and two at the university I go to.
I don't know what model they are.
I have also seen a couple of ATH-M50s
Edited by milligan - 11/28/12 at 1:48pmpost #7836 of 1233011/28/12 at 3:22pm
TF10 on a young lady yesterday. PortaPros on a few people. A Shure IEM this morning. V6 and 7506 in offices. HD 280 once. Not counting regular (i.e. recurring) sightings. Two Incase Sonics recently. An SR60 at Montgomery station. I see an HD202 every other day or so.
Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I see a lot of the Klipsch S4 family of products these days. And DT770 Pro (on different people) every couple of weeks.post #7837 of 1233011/28/12 at 3:28pmpost #7838 of 1233011/28/12 at 5:38pm
Saw a guy trying to sell SOL Republic headphones.
Approached and asked him what's up
He started by bending the head band to demonstrate the durability
Asked him about the sound signature
Demo'ed for a bit with my Clip+: muffled bass and recessed mid
post #7839 of 1233011/28/12 at 6:52pmpost #7840 of 1233011/28/12 at 9:11pm
Phony? for using his smartphone as a source? how does that track? Reasonable music sources are not particularly difficult to make these days - and good players are available for all OS's. The M50's are supremely forgiving of source amplification...
Seriously. We've got some real snobs here.post #7841 of 1233011/28/12 at 9:50pm
Well, i guess you're quite an ignorant with a bunch of cans then, you can judge whatever you want. Here's the model : Motorola Ex118
My girlfriend owns this phone, it cant supply the m50's (i've tried it).
The dude didnt had an amp, so yeah, phony. I'm not a snob, firstly because I don't consider myself an audiophile, I just enjoy good quality music.
Sorry about yourself mate.
Edited by Adeoh - 11/28/12 at 9:52pmpost #7842 of 1233011/28/12 at 10:08pm
It may be that he doesn't know better - that doesn't make him phony (or mean that he is not enjoying the hell out of his M50s - they may not be played to their full advantage, but they'll still sound good.)post #7843 of 1233011/28/12 at 10:20pm
Well he was walking all snobby with that look on his face (that look that most beats by dre owners have) i was wearing my m80's and he just kinda glanced at them and then gave me this 'i don't know your cans but mine are superior' look while holding his motorola switching may be 128kbps songs, you had to be there to understand, i wouldnt have called him phony if he didnt looked phony.
there was this guy with senn's hd25mk2 at college once and he actually knew what he was talking about, he was a pretentious son of a bitch, but he did his homework, even though he didnt know a thing when i talked about beyerdynamics ( i had my dt880 on my neck ) then he just kinda felt threatened and left (lol).post #7844 of 1233011/29/12 at 2:47am
Sure sounds like a bunch of prats out there, and seriously, DT880 at college? Unless I'm travelling around(like flying) something a pair of TF10s and Ipod does it nicely for me. Nothing that needs amping will be out on the streets for me.post #7845 of 1233011/29/12 at 3:02amQuote:
I have a 4 hour drawing class, i like to be in my zone.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Soundcard or Amp+Dac ? 1 minute ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 2 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 3 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 4 minutes ago
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...