I saw a guy with black skullcandy aviators at the supermarket today. Glad to see them getting more popular, great pair of headphones imo, especially at the £90 price. I'm always tempted to get them in brown, just to add to the collection.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 523post #7831 of 1236911/28/12 at 7:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7832 of 1236911/28/12 at 8:18ampost #7833 of 1236911/28/12 at 8:46ampost #7834 of 1236911/28/12 at 9:31am
5 pairs.. D: And he claims to know headphones.. Why don't you introduce him to Head-Fi? Just a crazy idea.
Anyway.. not much sightings these days.. Just an HD202 and a bunch of colorful generic IEMs..
Edited by nikkojames15 - 11/28/12 at 9:33ampost #7835 of 1236911/28/12 at 1:43pm
I have been seeing a bunch of V-Modas lately, I saw some while visiting Ann Arbor and two at the university I go to.
I don't know what model they are.
I have also seen a couple of ATH-M50s
Edited by milligan - 11/28/12 at 1:48pmpost #7836 of 1236911/28/12 at 3:22pm
TF10 on a young lady yesterday. PortaPros on a few people. A Shure IEM this morning. V6 and 7506 in offices. HD 280 once. Not counting regular (i.e. recurring) sightings. Two Incase Sonics recently. An SR60 at Montgomery station. I see an HD202 every other day or so.
Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I see a lot of the Klipsch S4 family of products these days. And DT770 Pro (on different people) every couple of weeks.post #7837 of 1236911/28/12 at 3:28pmpost #7838 of 1236911/28/12 at 5:38pm
Saw a guy trying to sell SOL Republic headphones.
Approached and asked him what's up
He started by bending the head band to demonstrate the durability
Asked him about the sound signature
Demo'ed for a bit with my Clip+: muffled bass and recessed mid
post #7839 of 1236911/28/12 at 6:52pmpost #7840 of 1236911/28/12 at 9:11pm
Phony? for using his smartphone as a source? how does that track? Reasonable music sources are not particularly difficult to make these days - and good players are available for all OS's. The M50's are supremely forgiving of source amplification...
Seriously. We've got some real snobs here.post #7841 of 1236911/28/12 at 9:50pm
Well, i guess you're quite an ignorant with a bunch of cans then, you can judge whatever you want. Here's the model : Motorola Ex118
My girlfriend owns this phone, it cant supply the m50's (i've tried it).
The dude didnt had an amp, so yeah, phony. I'm not a snob, firstly because I don't consider myself an audiophile, I just enjoy good quality music.
Sorry about yourself mate.
Edited by Adeoh - 11/28/12 at 9:52pmpost #7842 of 1236911/28/12 at 10:08pm
It may be that he doesn't know better - that doesn't make him phony (or mean that he is not enjoying the hell out of his M50s - they may not be played to their full advantage, but they'll still sound good.)post #7843 of 1236911/28/12 at 10:20pm
Well he was walking all snobby with that look on his face (that look that most beats by dre owners have) i was wearing my m80's and he just kinda glanced at them and then gave me this 'i don't know your cans but mine are superior' look while holding his motorola switching may be 128kbps songs, you had to be there to understand, i wouldnt have called him phony if he didnt looked phony.
there was this guy with senn's hd25mk2 at college once and he actually knew what he was talking about, he was a pretentious son of a bitch, but he did his homework, even though he didnt know a thing when i talked about beyerdynamics ( i had my dt880 on my neck ) then he just kinda felt threatened and left (lol).post #7844 of 1236911/29/12 at 2:47am
Sure sounds like a bunch of prats out there, and seriously, DT880 at college? Unless I'm travelling around(like flying) something a pair of TF10s and Ipod does it nicely for me. Nothing that needs amping will be out on the streets for me.post #7845 of 1236911/29/12 at 3:02amQuote:
I have a 4 hour drawing class, i like to be in my zone.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 13 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 38 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-7200 1 minute ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony 1.2m Balanced standard plug MUC-M12SB1 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for studio reference headphones, but am picky 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear