- 185 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: The Rotten Apple (NYC)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I want to thank @Todd of TTVJ for this wonderful surprise, and opportunity to review the fine Elear. It was a wonderful 7+ days, which I thoroughly enjoyed; extended due to a weather delay. Best...
Bought my Fiio X5 and it worked great for a few months, then one day, it got very hot ! so I sent it back for a warranty replacement, and it worked great until for just over a year, and now the...
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 496post #7426 of 1236910/4/12 at 11:27amSaw a Koss PortaPro on an late 20s/early 30s guy. In the sea of marketed garbage that is Beats headphones, anything else stands out but especially that distinctive upside-down 'g' design (hint, hint, kids looking for headphones!). He might've been a tourist or on a business trip as he was somewhat skinny and didn't carry himself like any of the natives.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7427 of 1236910/4/12 at 12:23pm
not really a headphone sighting but in the gym, i saw a guy, i think 20s, blasting what sounded like electronic music/ metal out of his iphone. crazy as it was perfectly audible from 20 feet away. give him a couple years and he'll be deaf...post #7428 of 1236910/4/12 at 2:55pmOn campus I see, naturally, beats all over the place, but once and a while I'm surprised with a Senny HD380 or even an Audio-Technica. My roommate, whom I never see and could call a casual acquaintance at best, has a Sennheiser set but I've never seen them up close.
Edited by calebhalvy - 10/4/12 at 3:39pmpost #7429 of 1236910/4/12 at 3:08pm
Wearing my ES10's today, someone comes up to me and starts small talk.
Him: "What headphones are those, anyway?"
Me: "Audio technica's. Have you heard of 'em?"
Him: "Nah. How do they compare to the Beats, I have those."
Me: "Ah. Those are overpriced."
Him: "I still like how they sound, it lets me hear things I've never heard before. I mean, I bet those are like what, $50? Beats are expensive but I think they're worth it."
Me: *facepalm*post #7430 of 1236910/4/12 at 3:40pm
You get the wag of my finger sir. You should have educated him about headphones that reproduce music accurately! Then he would go buy some AKGs and some one would walk up to him and ask about them vs their beats and it will go on and on. hahaha also I saw a pair of sennheiser HD 419s yesterday.post #7431 of 1236910/4/12 at 8:53pmpost #7432 of 1236910/4/12 at 10:23pmpost #7433 of 1236910/4/12 at 11:03pm
As I said, I've seen a lot of sony MDR-ZX300 lately. I finally tried a pair and I have to say you get a lot of bang for your buck at only ~25 USD. They are made of plastic but they feel solid, and the pads are pretty comfortable for the price and materials. They sound more expensive than they are (a clear V-shape freq. response, but clear nonetheless), and that's a good thing as people are not using white earbuds, at least.post #7434 of 1236910/4/12 at 11:40pmpost #7435 of 1236910/5/12 at 12:56amQuote:
I am not in the habit of taking pictures of strangers in public..post #7436 of 1236910/5/12 at 1:01amIll take that as a "no" but If i actually saw someone walking down the street wearing a pair of d7000 or sthg i wld have to say i'd be inclined to askfor a pic. If not just for this thread.....post #7437 of 1236910/5/12 at 1:13ampost #7438 of 1236910/5/12 at 3:32ampost #7439 of 1236910/5/12 at 3:43am
I saw a man with the Monster DNA Draft Punk on the bus this morning, they were ugly enough in the pictures but in real life, oh man! He looked at my sister's Portapros as if they were a pieace of overpriced garbage. Also just know I found an animated video in which the characters used the Speak Easy version of the Portapros.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › A little question 27 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Should I re-mold my DN2000j to a universal one? 3 minutes ago
- › Pairing AKG Q701 with an amp: Fiio e12 vs Fiio K5. 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Official X1 2nd gen stable firmware discussion thread--FW1.5.6 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 5 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › crinacle's FR measurement database (150 IEMs measured) 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 6 minutes ago
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear