- 185 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: The Rotten Apple (NYC)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/21/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 496post #7426 of 1233410/4/12 at 11:27amSaw a Koss PortaPro on an late 20s/early 30s guy. In the sea of marketed garbage that is Beats headphones, anything else stands out but especially that distinctive upside-down 'g' design (hint, hint, kids looking for headphones!). He might've been a tourist or on a business trip as he was somewhat skinny and didn't carry himself like any of the natives.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7427 of 1233410/4/12 at 12:23pm
not really a headphone sighting but in the gym, i saw a guy, i think 20s, blasting what sounded like electronic music/ metal out of his iphone. crazy as it was perfectly audible from 20 feet away. give him a couple years and he'll be deaf...post #7428 of 1233410/4/12 at 2:55pmOn campus I see, naturally, beats all over the place, but once and a while I'm surprised with a Senny HD380 or even an Audio-Technica. My roommate, whom I never see and could call a casual acquaintance at best, has a Sennheiser set but I've never seen them up close.
Edited by calebhalvy - 10/4/12 at 3:39pmpost #7429 of 1233410/4/12 at 3:08pm
Wearing my ES10's today, someone comes up to me and starts small talk.
Him: "What headphones are those, anyway?"
Me: "Audio technica's. Have you heard of 'em?"
Him: "Nah. How do they compare to the Beats, I have those."
Me: "Ah. Those are overpriced."
Him: "I still like how they sound, it lets me hear things I've never heard before. I mean, I bet those are like what, $50? Beats are expensive but I think they're worth it."
Me: *facepalm*post #7430 of 1233410/4/12 at 3:40pm
You get the wag of my finger sir. You should have educated him about headphones that reproduce music accurately! Then he would go buy some AKGs and some one would walk up to him and ask about them vs their beats and it will go on and on. hahaha also I saw a pair of sennheiser HD 419s yesterday.post #7431 of 1233410/4/12 at 8:53pmpost #7432 of 1233410/4/12 at 10:23pmpost #7433 of 1233410/4/12 at 11:03pm
As I said, I've seen a lot of sony MDR-ZX300 lately. I finally tried a pair and I have to say you get a lot of bang for your buck at only ~25 USD. They are made of plastic but they feel solid, and the pads are pretty comfortable for the price and materials. They sound more expensive than they are (a clear V-shape freq. response, but clear nonetheless), and that's a good thing as people are not using white earbuds, at least.post #7434 of 1233410/4/12 at 11:40pmpost #7435 of 1233410/5/12 at 12:56amQuote:
I am not in the habit of taking pictures of strangers in public..post #7436 of 1233410/5/12 at 1:01amIll take that as a "no" but If i actually saw someone walking down the street wearing a pair of d7000 or sthg i wld have to say i'd be inclined to askfor a pic. If not just for this thread.....post #7437 of 1233410/5/12 at 1:13ampost #7438 of 1233410/5/12 at 3:32ampost #7439 of 1233410/5/12 at 3:43am
I saw a man with the Monster DNA Draft Punk on the bus this morning, they were ugly enough in the pictures but in real life, oh man! He looked at my sister's Portapros as if they were a pieace of overpriced garbage. Also just know I found an animated video in which the characters used the Speak Easy version of the Portapros.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Best gaming mice 54 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MassDrop x Hifiman RE00: Reincarnation of the Legend - Impression... 5 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica EM7x - anyone heard it? 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 8 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...