- 185 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: The Rotten Apple (NYC)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 496post #7426 of 1231110/4/12 at 11:27amSaw a Koss PortaPro on an late 20s/early 30s guy. In the sea of marketed garbage that is Beats headphones, anything else stands out but especially that distinctive upside-down 'g' design (hint, hint, kids looking for headphones!). He might've been a tourist or on a business trip as he was somewhat skinny and didn't carry himself like any of the natives.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7427 of 1231110/4/12 at 12:23pm
not really a headphone sighting but in the gym, i saw a guy, i think 20s, blasting what sounded like electronic music/ metal out of his iphone. crazy as it was perfectly audible from 20 feet away. give him a couple years and he'll be deaf...post #7428 of 1231110/4/12 at 2:55pmOn campus I see, naturally, beats all over the place, but once and a while I'm surprised with a Senny HD380 or even an Audio-Technica. My roommate, whom I never see and could call a casual acquaintance at best, has a Sennheiser set but I've never seen them up close.
Edited by calebhalvy - 10/4/12 at 3:39pmpost #7429 of 1231110/4/12 at 3:08pm
Wearing my ES10's today, someone comes up to me and starts small talk.
Him: "What headphones are those, anyway?"
Me: "Audio technica's. Have you heard of 'em?"
Him: "Nah. How do they compare to the Beats, I have those."
Me: "Ah. Those are overpriced."
Him: "I still like how they sound, it lets me hear things I've never heard before. I mean, I bet those are like what, $50? Beats are expensive but I think they're worth it."
Me: *facepalm*post #7430 of 1231110/4/12 at 3:40pm
You get the wag of my finger sir. You should have educated him about headphones that reproduce music accurately! Then he would go buy some AKGs and some one would walk up to him and ask about them vs their beats and it will go on and on. hahaha also I saw a pair of sennheiser HD 419s yesterday.post #7431 of 1231110/4/12 at 8:53pmpost #7432 of 1231110/4/12 at 10:23pmpost #7433 of 1231110/4/12 at 11:03pm
As I said, I've seen a lot of sony MDR-ZX300 lately. I finally tried a pair and I have to say you get a lot of bang for your buck at only ~25 USD. They are made of plastic but they feel solid, and the pads are pretty comfortable for the price and materials. They sound more expensive than they are (a clear V-shape freq. response, but clear nonetheless), and that's a good thing as people are not using white earbuds, at least.post #7434 of 1231110/4/12 at 11:40pmpost #7435 of 1231110/5/12 at 12:56amQuote:
I am not in the habit of taking pictures of strangers in public..post #7436 of 1231110/5/12 at 1:01amIll take that as a "no" but If i actually saw someone walking down the street wearing a pair of d7000 or sthg i wld have to say i'd be inclined to askfor a pic. If not just for this thread.....post #7437 of 1231110/5/12 at 1:13ampost #7438 of 1231110/5/12 at 3:32ampost #7439 of 1231110/5/12 at 3:43am
I saw a man with the Monster DNA Draft Punk on the bus this morning, they were ugly enough in the pictures but in real life, oh man! He looked at my sister's Portapros as if they were a pieace of overpriced garbage. Also just know I found an animated video in which the characters used the Speak Easy version of the Portapros.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp 3 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Bifrost 4490 impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Canlanta 2016 Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tidal vs Spotify 9 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by kdub
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...