Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 493

post #7381 of 11277

Ummm, at my school I see, beats beats beats beats beats beats.. Lol, no but seriously that pretty much sums up what I see with the exception of music majors.

post #7382 of 11277

A while ago, I saw this younger Asian girl wearing a pair of Grado's on the bus. 225i's or lower. No silver cups here. I was shocked/happy to see such a thing in the wild. Other than that, it's just iBuds and random colored cheapo ear buds most times.

post #7383 of 11277
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Pocalypse View Post

A while ago, I saw this younger Asian girl wearing a pair of Grado's on the bus. 225i's or lower. No silver cups here. I was shocked/happy to see such a thing in the wild. Other than that, it's just iBuds and random colored cheapo ear buds most times.

You talked to her right? ;P
post #7384 of 11277
Few weeks ago I saw a young kid come in with his dad to my local Staples store in south Jerz rocking a pair of what appeared to be HD 280s.
post #7385 of 11277

Wearing good headphones in public is dangerous... Yesterday I saw a guy riding a bike wearing a set of DT1350. I almost turned him into a roadpizza as he wasn't looking where he was going, ran a red light and ended up in front of my car... I was only barely able to stop in time, but I had to save those cans from being damaged. I put my car on the side of the road to check if the guy was ok (he did a deer in the headlights kind of thing and turned really, really pale).

 

He apologized saying he was into his music a bit too much, then mumbled something like "but I doubt you'd understand"... I said "try me", and pointed at my ES10 on the passengerseat of my car. He smiled and said "ok, maybe you do". He didn't know about head-fi, so I told him to check it out. Then we went on our ways again...

post #7386 of 11277
Here in Thailand, it is easier to buy fake beats than it is to find a shop that sells grado, audio technica, and, etc with the exception of sennhiser. Few days ago I spot three beats user in the mall. One of them tour, other studio, other pro.
post #7387 of 11277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post

Wearing good headphones in public is dangerous... Yesterday I saw a guy riding a bike wearing a set of DT1350. I almost turned him into a roadpizza as he wasn't looking where he was going, ran a red light and ended up in front of my car... I was only barely able to stop in time, but I had to save those cans from being damaged. I put my car on the side of the road to check if the guy was ok (he did a deer in the headlights kind of thing and turned really, really pale).

 

 

Good headphones in public is ok. Sound isolating headphones while riding your bike (or walking around lots of traffic), however, is idiotic. 

post #7388 of 11277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post

Wearing good headphones in public is dangerous... Yesterday I saw a guy riding a bike wearing a set of DT1350. I almost turned him into a roadpizza as he wasn't looking where he was going, ran a red light and ended up in front of my car... I was only barely able to stop in time, but I had to save those cans from being damaged. I put my car on the side of the road to check if the guy was ok (he did a deer in the headlights kind of thing and turned really, really pale).

 

 

Good headphones in public is fine. Sound isolating headphones while riding your bike (or walking around lots of traffic) however, is idiotic. 

post #7389 of 11277

A week back, I saw a guy with Denon 7100's at Kinokuniya O_O At school, the guy working in one of the projects in our project lab is wearing a HD25. 2 weeks back, say a cute girl wearing TF10s. Another time there was a girl with UM1s(a few months back). 

post #7390 of 11277

I just met a group of eleven, all of whom were using soundmagic es 18s at school.

I actually don't understand how beats dominate the headphone market, because at our school the number of beats is not even a twentieth of the number of es 18s.

post #7391 of 11277
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstrain View Post

Good headphones in public is ok. Sound isolating headphones while riding your bike (or walking around lots of traffic), however, is idiotic. 

Wearing them in public is fine. You just have to raise your awareness level by 1000%.
post #7392 of 11277
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


Yea...
I'm out and about a lot but I only see designer headphones, m50s, hd25 and vmodas.
I draw a lot of looks with my hd800/lcd2 (and for a good reason...)

 

Seeing any of those out in public would be a bit of an unusual sighting. hd25 are fairly common, used to have a friend with some. Vmodas seem really uncommon in Europe, not sure why, to me they seem like a good looking headphone to replace beats, but whatever.

Talk about wearing hd800s in public, do you ever get any "we surrender our planet to your superior species" comments with those futuristic high tech cans?

post #7393 of 11277
I was at the train station last Sunday, and encountered one pair of HD25s, one pair of Amperiors and a pair of ATH M50s. Probably the largest collection of quality headphones I've seen on passers by in the space of an hour!
post #7394 of 11277
Quote:
Originally Posted by firev1 View Post

A week back, I saw a guy with Denon 7100's at Kinokuniya O_O At school, the guy working in one of the projects in our project lab is wearing a HD25. 2 weeks back, say a cute girl wearing TF10s. Another time there was a girl with UM1s(a few months back). 

Sydney? 

post #7395 of 11277

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

Sydney? 

Singapore :P 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2