Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 449post #6721 of 121435/25/12 at 6:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6722 of 121435/25/12 at 6:04pm
Deaf drivers are actually considered safer then average there used to relying almost exclusively on the sight. Personally I think fully open headphone should be allowed as they don't block outside noise very well at all and earplugs should be allowed if your in a non sealed vehicle e.g windows down,motorcycle,convertible as your able to hear alot more outside noise like that and the sound levels depending on how fast you are driving are high enough to cause hearing loss if you drive to long like that.post #6723 of 121435/25/12 at 8:23pm
An older gentleman in his mid 40's got stopped for driving with his HE300's and they actually took away his headphones. He told me this when coming back to the store and asked if we happened to carry the lcd2's to replace them.
Now I wonder... did he find a pair of the audez'e and will he try driving with them?post #6724 of 121435/26/12 at 2:21ampost #6725 of 121435/26/12 at 5:59ampost #6726 of 121435/26/12 at 6:08am
I saw a guy in his early twenties on the train wearing a pair of ATH m50's , not a pair you can readily buy in Ireland without the Internet, so I thought to myself, wow a man with a passion for sound ! +1
I'm almost certain I've seen a pair of grado's in Trinity College too, was a mere glimpse, but i'm almost certain!
Its funny how these sightings are so rare :)post #6727 of 121435/28/12 at 5:34pmpost #6728 of 121435/28/12 at 7:13pmOn Friday I saw a black man walking down Howard St wearing a pair of Sony XB's and an Above & Beyond t-shirt. Only good sighting as of late. Lol
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Satanic Unicorn magic.post #6729 of 121435/31/12 at 8:09pm
Not a sighting exactly, But I walked into Bestbuy today and went to the headphone section and an employee had a cart full of HD280s/380s, every Pioneer HDJ model and a few others like the AiAiAi tma-1s and was stocking them on the shelf. This surprised me a lot, Bestbuy seems to be selling a lot more quality cans now.post #6730 of 121435/31/12 at 8:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by RobustOrange
Not a sighting exactly, But I walked into Bestbuy today and went to the headphone section and an employee had a cart full of HD280s/380s, every Pioneer HDJ model and a few others like the AiAiAi tma-1s and was stocking them on the shelf. This surprised me a lot, Bestbuy US seems to be selling a lot more quality cans now.
Here in Canada it's still beats, bose and skullcandypost #6731 of 121435/31/12 at 8:28pm
Friend came over yesterday. Let him have a listen to MS Pros, DT880, DT440. He didn't seem to really get into it all, until I showed him my XB500...
Everybody wants bass bass, nothing but bass.
Oh well, let them eat cake!post #6732 of 121436/1/12 at 12:22pmpost #6733 of 121436/4/12 at 7:07pm
A few weeks back I saw a man who was probably in his 70's rockin a pair of Portapros in a local foodcourt. On my commute on the bus I have seen all sorts of phones, I won't bore you with the crap that most people wear but a few notable exceptions are: AH D5000, Senn HD600, CAL!, and Shure 840s.post #6734 of 121436/4/12 at 9:30pm
The only thing I see at my middle school is beats. I try to educate people, but without high end audio equipment on hand, explaining it without an auditory aid is hard. This hobby is hard with my only income being a $10 a week allowance . My dream portable rig= Dx100+Mk3+UM Miracle = $2,430. Time required too get there: 243 weeks = 4.6 yearspost #6735 of 121436/4/12 at 9:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by REP17
The only thing I see at my middle school is beats. I try to educate people, but without high end audio equipment on hand, explaining it without an auditory aid is hard. This hobby is hard with my only income being a $10 a week allowance . My dream portable rig= Dx100+Mk3+UM Miracle = $2,430. Time required too get there: 243 weeks = 4.6 years
You have a huge head start, you have good taste in gear.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 51 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 7 minutes ago
- › Ideal Headphone (HD800/Audeze) music, suggestions,please 9 minutes ago
- › Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-) 9 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3