Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 449post #6721 of 113585/25/12 at 6:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6722 of 113585/25/12 at 6:04pm
Deaf drivers are actually considered safer then average there used to relying almost exclusively on the sight. Personally I think fully open headphone should be allowed as they don't block outside noise very well at all and earplugs should be allowed if your in a non sealed vehicle e.g windows down,motorcycle,convertible as your able to hear alot more outside noise like that and the sound levels depending on how fast you are driving are high enough to cause hearing loss if you drive to long like that.post #6723 of 113585/25/12 at 8:23pm
An older gentleman in his mid 40's got stopped for driving with his HE300's and they actually took away his headphones. He told me this when coming back to the store and asked if we happened to carry the lcd2's to replace them.
Now I wonder... did he find a pair of the audez'e and will he try driving with them?post #6724 of 113585/26/12 at 2:21ampost #6725 of 113585/26/12 at 5:59ampost #6726 of 113585/26/12 at 6:08am
I saw a guy in his early twenties on the train wearing a pair of ATH m50's , not a pair you can readily buy in Ireland without the Internet, so I thought to myself, wow a man with a passion for sound ! +1
I'm almost certain I've seen a pair of grado's in Trinity College too, was a mere glimpse, but i'm almost certain!
Its funny how these sightings are so rare :)post #6727 of 113585/28/12 at 5:34pmpost #6728 of 113585/28/12 at 7:13pmOn Friday I saw a black man walking down Howard St wearing a pair of Sony XB's and an Above & Beyond t-shirt. Only good sighting as of late. Lol
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Satanic Unicorn magic.post #6729 of 113585/31/12 at 8:09pm
Not a sighting exactly, But I walked into Bestbuy today and went to the headphone section and an employee had a cart full of HD280s/380s, every Pioneer HDJ model and a few others like the AiAiAi tma-1s and was stocking them on the shelf. This surprised me a lot, Bestbuy seems to be selling a lot more quality cans now.post #6730 of 113585/31/12 at 8:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by RobustOrange
Not a sighting exactly, But I walked into Bestbuy today and went to the headphone section and an employee had a cart full of HD280s/380s, every Pioneer HDJ model and a few others like the AiAiAi tma-1s and was stocking them on the shelf. This surprised me a lot, Bestbuy US seems to be selling a lot more quality cans now.
Here in Canada it's still beats, bose and skullcandypost #6731 of 113585/31/12 at 8:28pm
Friend came over yesterday. Let him have a listen to MS Pros, DT880, DT440. He didn't seem to really get into it all, until I showed him my XB500...
Everybody wants bass bass, nothing but bass.
Oh well, let them eat cake!post #6732 of 113586/1/12 at 12:22pmpost #6733 of 113586/4/12 at 7:07pm
A few weeks back I saw a man who was probably in his 70's rockin a pair of Portapros in a local foodcourt. On my commute on the bus I have seen all sorts of phones, I won't bore you with the crap that most people wear but a few notable exceptions are: AH D5000, Senn HD600, CAL!, and Shure 840s.post #6734 of 113586/4/12 at 9:30pm
The only thing I see at my middle school is beats. I try to educate people, but without high end audio equipment on hand, explaining it without an auditory aid is hard. This hobby is hard with my only income being a $10 a week allowance . My dream portable rig= Dx100+Mk3+UM Miracle = $2,430. Time required too get there: 243 weeks = 4.6 yearspost #6735 of 113586/4/12 at 9:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by REP17
The only thing I see at my middle school is beats. I try to educate people, but without high end audio equipment on hand, explaining it without an auditory aid is hard. This hobby is hard with my only income being a $10 a week allowance . My dream portable rig= Dx100+Mk3+UM Miracle = $2,430. Time required too get there: 243 weeks = 4.6 years
You have a huge head start, you have good taste in gear.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › fiio x5 e12 combo 13 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 30 seconds ago
- › Step up from K240. 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Best android phone for audio: Wolfson DAC only? 2 minutes ago
- › iTunes $25 Gift Card 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)