Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Chord Electronics Limited U.K.Model: MojoPrice: $599 at moon-audio.com Volume Control: One “+” and one “-” volume ball button.Power Connector: USB, Micro BBattery Life:...
*This review comes from my Portable Amp / Dac Shootout.Posted as a reference for users. For the full review, see: [[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Resonessence LabsModel: CONCERO HPPrice: $850...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 449post #6721 of 123695/25/12 at 6:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6722 of 123695/25/12 at 6:04pm
Deaf drivers are actually considered safer then average there used to relying almost exclusively on the sight. Personally I think fully open headphone should be allowed as they don't block outside noise very well at all and earplugs should be allowed if your in a non sealed vehicle e.g windows down,motorcycle,convertible as your able to hear alot more outside noise like that and the sound levels depending on how fast you are driving are high enough to cause hearing loss if you drive to long like that.post #6723 of 123695/25/12 at 8:23pm
An older gentleman in his mid 40's got stopped for driving with his HE300's and they actually took away his headphones. He told me this when coming back to the store and asked if we happened to carry the lcd2's to replace them.
Now I wonder... did he find a pair of the audez'e and will he try driving with them?post #6724 of 123695/26/12 at 2:21ampost #6725 of 123695/26/12 at 5:59ampost #6726 of 123695/26/12 at 6:08am
I saw a guy in his early twenties on the train wearing a pair of ATH m50's , not a pair you can readily buy in Ireland without the Internet, so I thought to myself, wow a man with a passion for sound ! +1
I'm almost certain I've seen a pair of grado's in Trinity College too, was a mere glimpse, but i'm almost certain!
Its funny how these sightings are so rare :)post #6727 of 123695/28/12 at 5:34pmpost #6728 of 123695/28/12 at 7:13pmOn Friday I saw a black man walking down Howard St wearing a pair of Sony XB's and an Above & Beyond t-shirt. Only good sighting as of late. Lol
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Satanic Unicorn magic.post #6729 of 123695/31/12 at 8:09pm
Not a sighting exactly, But I walked into Bestbuy today and went to the headphone section and an employee had a cart full of HD280s/380s, every Pioneer HDJ model and a few others like the AiAiAi tma-1s and was stocking them on the shelf. This surprised me a lot, Bestbuy seems to be selling a lot more quality cans now.post #6730 of 123695/31/12 at 8:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by RobustOrange
Not a sighting exactly, But I walked into Bestbuy today and went to the headphone section and an employee had a cart full of HD280s/380s, every Pioneer HDJ model and a few others like the AiAiAi tma-1s and was stocking them on the shelf. This surprised me a lot, Bestbuy US seems to be selling a lot more quality cans now.
Here in Canada it's still beats, bose and skullcandypost #6731 of 123695/31/12 at 8:28pm
Friend came over yesterday. Let him have a listen to MS Pros, DT880, DT440. He didn't seem to really get into it all, until I showed him my XB500...
Everybody wants bass bass, nothing but bass.
Oh well, let them eat cake!post #6732 of 123696/1/12 at 12:22pmpost #6733 of 123696/4/12 at 7:07pm
A few weeks back I saw a man who was probably in his 70's rockin a pair of Portapros in a local foodcourt. On my commute on the bus I have seen all sorts of phones, I won't bore you with the crap that most people wear but a few notable exceptions are: AH D5000, Senn HD600, CAL!, and Shure 840s.post #6734 of 123696/4/12 at 9:30pm
The only thing I see at my middle school is beats. I try to educate people, but without high end audio equipment on hand, explaining it without an auditory aid is hard. This hobby is hard with my only income being a $10 a week allowance . My dream portable rig= Dx100+Mk3+UM Miracle = $2,430. Time required too get there: 243 weeks = 4.6 yearspost #6735 of 123696/4/12 at 9:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by REP17
The only thing I see at my middle school is beats. I try to educate people, but without high end audio equipment on hand, explaining it without an auditory aid is hard. This hobby is hard with my only income being a $10 a week allowance . My dream portable rig= Dx100+Mk3+UM Miracle = $2,430. Time required too get there: 243 weeks = 4.6 years
You have a huge head start, you have good taste in gear.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 5 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 44 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 7 minutes ago
- › Shozy Alien+ 11 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 12 minutes ago
- › Please recommend headphones or IEMs for blocking low frequency noise 12 minutes ago
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear