Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 449post #6721 of 113115/25/12 at 6:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6722 of 113115/25/12 at 6:04pm
Deaf drivers are actually considered safer then average there used to relying almost exclusively on the sight. Personally I think fully open headphone should be allowed as they don't block outside noise very well at all and earplugs should be allowed if your in a non sealed vehicle e.g windows down,motorcycle,convertible as your able to hear alot more outside noise like that and the sound levels depending on how fast you are driving are high enough to cause hearing loss if you drive to long like that.post #6723 of 113115/25/12 at 8:23pm
An older gentleman in his mid 40's got stopped for driving with his HE300's and they actually took away his headphones. He told me this when coming back to the store and asked if we happened to carry the lcd2's to replace them.
Now I wonder... did he find a pair of the audez'e and will he try driving with them?post #6724 of 113115/26/12 at 2:21ampost #6725 of 113115/26/12 at 5:59ampost #6726 of 113115/26/12 at 6:08am
I saw a guy in his early twenties on the train wearing a pair of ATH m50's , not a pair you can readily buy in Ireland without the Internet, so I thought to myself, wow a man with a passion for sound ! +1
I'm almost certain I've seen a pair of grado's in Trinity College too, was a mere glimpse, but i'm almost certain!
Its funny how these sightings are so rare :)post #6727 of 113115/28/12 at 5:34pmpost #6728 of 113115/28/12 at 7:13pmOn Friday I saw a black man walking down Howard St wearing a pair of Sony XB's and an Above & Beyond t-shirt. Only good sighting as of late. Lol
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Satanic Unicorn magic.post #6729 of 113115/31/12 at 8:09pm
Not a sighting exactly, But I walked into Bestbuy today and went to the headphone section and an employee had a cart full of HD280s/380s, every Pioneer HDJ model and a few others like the AiAiAi tma-1s and was stocking them on the shelf. This surprised me a lot, Bestbuy seems to be selling a lot more quality cans now.post #6730 of 113115/31/12 at 8:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by RobustOrange
Not a sighting exactly, But I walked into Bestbuy today and went to the headphone section and an employee had a cart full of HD280s/380s, every Pioneer HDJ model and a few others like the AiAiAi tma-1s and was stocking them on the shelf. This surprised me a lot, Bestbuy US seems to be selling a lot more quality cans now.
Here in Canada it's still beats, bose and skullcandypost #6731 of 113115/31/12 at 8:28pm
Friend came over yesterday. Let him have a listen to MS Pros, DT880, DT440. He didn't seem to really get into it all, until I showed him my XB500...
Everybody wants bass bass, nothing but bass.
Oh well, let them eat cake!post #6732 of 113116/1/12 at 12:22pmpost #6733 of 113116/4/12 at 7:07pm
A few weeks back I saw a man who was probably in his 70's rockin a pair of Portapros in a local foodcourt. On my commute on the bus I have seen all sorts of phones, I won't bore you with the crap that most people wear but a few notable exceptions are: AH D5000, Senn HD600, CAL!, and Shure 840s.post #6734 of 113116/4/12 at 9:30pm
The only thing I see at my middle school is beats. I try to educate people, but without high end audio equipment on hand, explaining it without an auditory aid is hard. This hobby is hard with my only income being a $10 a week allowance . My dream portable rig= Dx100+Mk3+UM Miracle = $2,430. Time required too get there: 243 weeks = 4.6 yearspost #6735 of 113116/4/12 at 9:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by REP17
The only thing I see at my middle school is beats. I try to educate people, but without high end audio equipment on hand, explaining it without an auditory aid is hard. This hobby is hard with my only income being a $10 a week allowance . My dream portable rig= Dx100+Mk3+UM Miracle = $2,430. Time required too get there: 243 weeks = 4.6 years
You have a huge head start, you have good taste in gear.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 seconds ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 28 seconds ago
- › [Headphone Amps] Similar sounding amps to the Schiit Asgard? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › V-Moda M-100 or ATH-M50? 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Teac UD-H01 vs Schiit Valhalla/Modi Stack with AKG K712PRO's 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 10 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)