Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 2

post #16 of 11382
Today I was walking around midtown on 6th Ave....and the craziest thing caught my attention........a middle aged man with Sony Qualia 010's.

Right at that moment I thought he could be a head-fier.
post #17 of 11382
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlacker
I see a guy on my way to school with Silver AT Clip-Ons. I only see him when I am late to school and he is a big guy so I never have time to ask him. If you have silver AT Clip-Ons and take Q train from Kings Hwy in Brooklyn PM ME!!!!
Hey....I take the Q every morning to work. But am not the guy you see. If you see a tall dude with AT-CM7 or Senn MX500's with a hat that says ANYTHING......thats me.
post #18 of 11382
There's a sea of Triports at my school... And a pair of Quiet Comfort 2's. Aside from that, not much that can be noted, aside from me rockin' out with my KSC75's.
post #19 of 11382
I've seen this dude rocking out to some AKG cans, but I haven't gotten close enough to him to actually read which model it was. One of my non-Head-Fi friends sports E3Gs, which I told him to get.
I also saw this guy on the subway a few weeks ago rocking out on SR-60s. Was quite a suprise.
post #20 of 11382
I've seen a billion Triports and QC2's, an HD280 Silver, a Portapro, MX500, SR60 (the guy got it from his uncle), and Sportapro. Not much.

Oh yeah, those are all at school. Outside of school I've seen a K26P.
post #21 of 11382
The best, or at least expensive headphones I've seen in my school were a pair of Philips that I'd value at around $100. The rest are just crappy ipod earphones, $10 sony's, or those lightwight behind-the-head style headphones. I bet people have some better ones that they just don't wear in public, though.

The funny thing is my school is actually very wealthy. Its just that the large majority of people just buy an ipod, download songs from itunes, and use the headphones that came with it or that they find in their house. They don't second guess any item's quality or try to do any research in finding the best ones.
post #22 of 11382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jforsyth89
The funny thing is my school is actually very wealthy. Its just that the large majority of people just buy an ipod, download songs from itunes, and use the headphones that came with it or that they find in their house. They don't second guess any item's quality or try to do any research in finding the best ones.
man, buying music online must be expensive
most people at my high school download single songs so their organization is really bad
ie artists like "beatles" and "the beatles"
weird, random symbols and letters as album and artists names
...or it could be chinese, korean, or japanese...i just can't read it even though i'm chinese
post #23 of 11382
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by feh1325
man, buying music online must be expensive
most people at my high school download single songs so their organization is really bad
ie artists like "beatles" and "the beatles"
weird, random symbols and letters as album and artists names
...or it could be chinese, korean, or japanese...i just can't read it even though i'm chinese
A whole dollar for a song with that kind of bitrate is outrageous. People who think they're doing justice from stealing music by buying songs from iTunes should rethink themselves... Songs that bitrate shouldn't cost that much money IMO. Why don't people just buy the cd's? They're not that expensive, and at times, they're cheaper than the ones on iTunes. Buy cd's wholesale too. Rip'em using EAC and re-sell the cd's (I would keep the cd's though... it's just kind of a "repertoire" kind of thing).

Hell, you can even find cd's at your local library and check them out.

Don't want to stir up a legal argument, so I'll stop here.

I know a friend who owns a pair of tri-ports (lower-case for a reason ), but I don't consider them to be a "headphone sighting." IMO they're not head-fi worthy.

Oh yea feh1325, I'm Chinese too, hehe. I can't really read Chinese that well--I can't recognize the difference between Chinese (kanji, not pin-ying) and Japanese (also kanji).
post #24 of 11382
I've have basically seen nothing.
One guy with the Bose QC2.
And a bunch of people with the typical Sony/JVC/etc. 7 - 15 dollar headphones.
post #25 of 11382
you should have asked her out on general principle...though I forgot what it is like to be 14...probably very intimadating at that age. Apparently her dad either doesn't like the Grado's, or he really favors his daughter.
post #26 of 11382
I saw this guy walking around with a K501 yesterday. It was quite funny. The headphone looked a little too big for his head. Everyone was staring at him.
post #27 of 11382
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
you should have asked her out on general principle...though I forgot what it is like to be 14...probably very intimadating at that age. Apparently her dad either doesn't like the Grado's, or he really favors his daughter.
Yea I was gonna introduce myself and talk a little and ask for her number or somethin, but right when she said "I dunno, my dad gave them to me," her ride came, so I was like, "damn" Didn't say that part out loud though, haha. Didn't even get her name though.
post #28 of 11382
Quote:
Originally Posted by vYu223
her ride came, so I was like, "damn" Didn't say that part out loud though, haha. Didn't even get her name though.
I guess that is how it is done in Mt. View huh?
post #29 of 11382
Thread Starter 
lol, I couldn't get her name, but I would if I could...

Ah, crap, now that I think of it, I could'a got her name! It's that simple... Nah, that's not really how it's done here... I'm just not the lady's man ...
post #30 of 11382
I never see any interesting phones out and about, plenty of offal but no choice cuts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2