Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 803

post #12031 of 12042

I like my headphones made out of whatever sounds better. I think that the best material would be plastic with sponge on the inside for dampening.

post #12032 of 12042

As with everyone I've seen an overwhelming amount of beats, though I have seen a girl who walks around with a pair of HD595s, makes me wonder what she does with the cord.

post #12033 of 12042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibastian View Post

As with everyone I've seen an overwhelming amount of beats, though I have seen a girl who walks around with a pair of HD595s, makes me wonder what she does with the cord.

Depends on how she listens.

When I was using the HD800 for a portable I would keep my source in my bag and just feed enough cable out of the bag to listen
post #12034 of 12042
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


Depends on how she listens.

When I was using the HD800 for a portable I would keep my source in my bag and just feed enough cable out of the bag to listen


Wouldn't the outside noise make them a more unpleasurable listen? Still the cord of the 595 is pretty annoying so thats another factor, its pretty clunky and long.


Edited by Saibastian - 5/25/15 at 9:16pm
post #12035 of 12042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibastian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post

Depends on how she listens.


When I was using the HD800 for a portable I would keep my source in my bag and just feed enough cable out of the bag to listen


Wouldn't the outside noise make them a more unpleasurable listen? Still the cord of the 595 is pretty annoying so thats another factor, its pretty clunky and long.

it wasn't so bad if I just fed enough cable out.

The outside noise is definitely a factor. In certain places it was unusable (metro) but in a lot of other places the HD800 were perfectly fine. Most of these open backs still have some isolation. The hd800 was comparable to a lot of poor isolating close backs
post #12036 of 12042
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


it wasn't so bad if I just fed enough cable out.

The outside noise is definitely a factor. In certain places it was unusable (metro) but in a lot of other places the HD800 were perfectly fine. Most of these open backs still have some isolation. The hd800 was comparable to a lot of poor isolating close backs

Ah, well I can imagine that if you would have it in a place that's making use of the length. Yeah I can imagine on a bus or train where there's alot of noise it wouldn't really work, that and probably walking around in an area with alot of cars and stuff going on. That is interesting though, I would've thought it would completely make them almost unlistenable.

post #12037 of 12042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibastian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post

it wasn't so bad if I just fed enough cable out.


The outside noise is definitely a factor. In certain places it was unusable (metro) but in a lot of other places the HD800 were perfectly fine. Most of these open backs still have some isolation. The hd800 was comparable to a lot of poor isolating close backs
Ah, well I can imagine that if you would have it in a place that's making use of the length. Yeah I can imagine on a bus or train where there's alot of noise it wouldn't really work, that and probably walking around in an area with alot of cars and stuff going on. That is interesting though, I would've thought it would completely make them almost unlistenable.

The buses and trains in my area are really quiet. The metros are awful.

I live in a fairly quiet city where this works. I wouldn't try it in new york city.

1) You'd get mugged
2) honking 24/7
post #12038 of 12042
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


The buses and trains in my area are really quiet. The metros are awful.

I live in a fairly quiet city where this works. I wouldn't try it in new york city.

1) You'd get mugged
2) honking 24/7

Ah well thats good that it isn't that bad then. I could never do it around here, LA is really noisy too. And I pretty much drive to all the places I need to be, Probably not a good idea to have headphones on in a car haha.

post #12039 of 12042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibastian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post

The buses and trains in my area are really quiet. The metros are awful.


I live in a fairly quiet city where this works. I wouldn't try it in new york city.


1) You'd get mugged

2) honking 24/7
Ah well thats good that it isn't that bad then. I could never do it around here, LA is really noisy too. And I pretty much drive to all the places I need to be, Probably not a good idea to have headphones on in a car haha.

It's illegal to wear headphones while biking or driving here in Canada.

The cop gave me a really nasty look when she saw me wearing my TH900 headphones while biking on the sidewalk with no helmet. Though she didn't stop me since it's a really quiet suburban area
post #12040 of 12042
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


The cop gave me a really nasty look when she saw me wearing my TH900 headphones while biking on the sidewalk with no helmet. Though she didn't stop me since it's a really quiet suburban area

 

Or she recognized the headphones and got distracted wondering something like WTH is this dude doing wearing Fostex 900s on his bicycle?! He should have individual helmets for the ear cups! oh wait... I was so busy eyeing the hand laquered cherry wood's fine glow that I didn't notice they naturally prevent him from properly wearing a helmet for his own head, much less miniature helmets for his headphones. Isn't that illegal? I can't remember... it's been so long since I was in the academy, oh well, i'm sure he'll be OK... now where'd my horse get off to?

 

 

Incidentally I saw a lady wearing some variant of Fostex T50s today


Edited by Raketen - Yesterday at 12:05 am
post #12041 of 12042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raketen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post

The cop gave me a really nasty look when she saw me wearing my TH900 headphones while biking on the sidewalk with no helmet. Though she didn't stop me since it's a really quiet suburban area

Or she recognized the headphones and got distracted wondering something like WTH is this dude doing wearing Fostex 900s on his bicycle?! He should have individual helmets for the ear cups! oh wait... I was so busy eyeing the hand laquered cherry wood's fine glow that I didn't notice they naturally prevent him from properly wearing a helmet for his own head, much less miniature helmets for his headphones. Isn't that illegal? I can't remember... it's been so long since I was in the academy, oh well, i'm sure he'll be OK... now where'd my horse get off to?




Incidentally I saw a lady wearing some variant of Fostex T50s today

I dont think those headphones would survive a fall off a bike. Also since I'm an idiot I dont use the handle bars when biking.

I think if she knew what those headphones were she would have given me a ticket for crimes against audiophile code
post #12042 of 12042

Friggin Sony XB-1000s worn on the tube!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2