- 15,277 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: The display in which you are reading this text
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 732post #10966 of 123123/31/14 at 10:05pmI saw a Sennheiser Momentum right next to me on top of a backpack at a local sushi restaurant, and a V-MODA Crossfade LP on the bus.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10967 of 123123/31/14 at 11:41pmpost #10968 of 123123/31/14 at 11:57pmpost #10969 of 123124/1/14 at 6:12amQuote:
I will never understand how people are cool with wearing open headphones while out and about. That seems like it would just ruin the sound.post #10970 of 123124/1/14 at 6:34amQuote:
I like using Grados for walking to class because they're completely open. Since the sidewalks are pretty busy, I like to be able to hear my surroundings in case someone behind me is biking past or calling out to me. Since they're not very bassy to begin with, it's hard to use them for anything other than music without much bass though.post #10971 of 123124/1/14 at 7:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Ishcabible
I like using Grados for walking to class because they're completely open. Since the sidewalks are pretty busy, I like to be able to hear my surroundings in case someone behind me is biking past or calling out to me. Since they're not very bassy to begin with, it's hard to use them for anything other than music without much bass though.
I took my dog for a walk yesterday with my Grados and I felt like everyone was staring at me -- they are just to big and weird looking. I agree about being able to hear the surroundings, but I prefer something like a PX100 for walking around.post #10972 of 123124/1/14 at 7:33amQuote:
The great thing about my school is that there are plenty of people walking around with Grados, so I stick out much less. But I agree, I wish I had my Portapro here because they're much more portable.post #10973 of 123124/1/14 at 7:38amQuote:
Get another pair. What, they are like $1.99, no? I think they come for free inside cereal boxes nowadays.post #10974 of 123124/1/14 at 8:29ampost #10975 of 123124/1/14 at 1:31pmpost #10976 of 123124/1/14 at 1:37pmpost #10977 of 123124/1/14 at 1:38pmpost #10978 of 123124/1/14 at 2:42pmpost #10979 of 123124/1/14 at 3:42pmQuote:
For some reason (coming from the K702) I thought my HD600s were small when I got them and saw them in real life for the first time.
And the cups on grados are much bigger than I thought they would be.post #10980 of 123124/2/14 at 12:13amQuote:
Mind you, there are a lot of headphones that looks bigger xD
Most of the headphones as advertised, looks very different from real life. They look much bigger in real life haha
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 4 minutes ago
- › Considering Schiit(or other things too) 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio Hiring Front End Engineer 6 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount! 6 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...