Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 728

post #10906 of 11352
Spotted a guy watching an iPad, using a set of Sennheiser hda 200's on the train in San Francisco. http://en-us.sennheiser.com/audiometers-high-frequency-testing-closed-dynamic-ear-protector-headphones-hda-200
They look pretty sweet.
post #10907 of 11352

This morning I saw something I had never seen before.   When I went in to get my coffee at Starbucks I saw an old man, around 70 or so, wearing a pair of white Beats something or another. 

 

Poor guy...what a way to spend your golden years. 

post #10908 of 11352
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

This morning I saw something I had never seen before.   When I went in to get my coffee at Starbucks I saw an old man, around 70 or so, wearing a pair of white Beats something or another. 

Poor guy...what a way to spend your golden years. 

By that age his hearing wouldn't get any benefit from a decent pair.
post #10909 of 11352
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicAnthony View Post

By that age his hearing wouldn't get any benefit from a decent pair.

Indeed our hearing degrade as time passes no matter what but slower or faster is the only different; just like global warming. Not all aged people have hearing problems IMO, my grandmother's hearing ability is crystal clear, she could still hear me while she's in the kitchen and I'm in living room, we were pretty far apart and I do not have to really shout just slightly louder...
post #10910 of 11352
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

Indeed our hearing degrade as time passes no matter what but slower or faster is the only different; just like global warming. Not all aged people have hearing problems IMO, my grandmother's hearing ability is crystal clear, she could still hear me while she's in the kitchen and I'm in living room, we were pretty far apart and I do not have to really shout just slightly louder...

I agree I believe a few oldies can still notice those micro details at that age. As audiophiles though I think by 50 we're going to be deaf.
post #10911 of 11352
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicAnthony View Post


I agree I believe a few oldies can still notice those micro details at that age. As audiophiles though I think by 50 we're going to be deaf.


LOL 

 

No man...I don't think it gets that bad.  If it does, just crank it up.

post #10912 of 11352
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicAnthony View Post


By that age his hearing wouldn't get any benefit from a decent pair.

 

Given that when hearing goes it's usually the upper frequencies you lose, having Beats is actually the opposite of what he'd want. Dude should get a pair of Grados or something really treble heavy so his hearing loss (if he has any) doesn't result in him being unable to hear the already recessed highs and leave him listening to a boofy mess. 

post #10913 of 11352
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post


LOL 

No man...I don't think it gets that bad.  If it does, just crank it up.
Lol I might have exaggerated a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

Given that when hearing goes it's usually the upper frequencies you lose, having Beats is actually the opposite of what he'd want. Dude should get a pair of Grados or something really treble heavy so his hearing loss (if he has any) doesn't result in him being unable to hear the already recessed highs and leave him listening to a boofy mess. 
I honestly feel sorry for the man it must have been a present from his grandson or he's trying to be hip at his age.
post #10914 of 11352
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicAnthony View Post


I honestly feel sorry for the man it must have been a present from his grandson or he's trying to be hip at his age.

 

Or he went into a Best Buy and some sales person told him that the beast headphones in the store were them Beats.   He shouda kept walking to the Magnolia room...

post #10915 of 11352
o.0

Kardashian with the ATH-M50 in the studio.


But really... o.0
Prepare your ears.
post #10916 of 11352

Here at university I am more surprised by the quality of headphones I see than I expect to be.  In the conservatory Grados are really popular amongst my friends, especially the SR325i, surprisingly.  See almost as many of them as I see sr80is.  The conservatory also lets us rent out Senneheisers (and use them on nicely amped record players!) I think the HD600, 598, there's a couple pairs of 700's floating around, and the recording studios in the basement even have one or two pairs of HD800s in them (We always fight over who gets recording time in those studios XD) :gs1000smile:

 

In the college, V-modas seem to be really popular, don't see too many beats.  Senneheiser momentum on-ears seem to be super popular as well, see them all over the place.  Audio technical m50's a lot.  Lots of MDR1Rs also.

 

So... I guess my school has good taste in headphones!  Helps that we are in a conservatory, though nearly everyone in the college is a musician as well, or at least a music lover.

post #10917 of 11352
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicAnthony View Post

I agree I believe a few oldies can still notice those micro details at that age. As audiophiles though I think by 50 we're going to be deaf.

That depends on how loud you listen at and how long xD Tyll is a good example biggrin.gif
post #10918 of 11352
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

This morning I saw something I had never seen before.   When I went in to get my coffee at Starbucks I saw an old man, around 70 or so, wearing a pair of white Beats something or another. 

 

Poor guy...what a way to spend your golden years. 


I am in my 50's and I have worn Beats Studios in an airport. I am doing my part to make them not cool. No thank you required.

post #10919 of 11352

I've been seeing a few Koss Portapros around.

post #10920 of 11352
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsdaddy View Post


I am in my 50's and I have worn Beats Studios in an airport. I am doing my part to make them not cool. No thank you required.
LMFAO

That is one possibility I did not consider…the 70 year old Headfier taking one for the team.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2