Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 709

post #10621 of 11660
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Holy, seriously?
I'm on the bus abd someone is using one of those ancient Koss headphones.

i think i see a guy with those on the bus everyday.

 

I didn't know what they where though. 

post #10622 of 11660
Two m50 sightings today at my school during finals week. Surprising considering I haven't ever seen anything good at my school before last week which was also an M50.
post #10623 of 11660
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Holy, seriously?
I'm on the bus abd someone is using one of those ancient Koss headphones.

I also use them as portable from time to time. They are something like HD280 - lacking almost all bass.

And here they are in the wild: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8713535@N03/7123288825/

post #10624 of 11660
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinq View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Holy, seriously?

I'm on the bus abd someone is using one of those ancient Koss headphones.

I also use them as portable from time to time. They are something like HD280 - lacking almost all bass.
And here they are in the wild: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8713535@N03/7123288825/
Is that the proper way to wear them? On the V-MODA Crossfade M-100, the cable connecting the headband to the earcup goes on the back of the head. Likewise, most headphones with an angled connector at the earcup usually have the cable on the side where the cable has the least amount of stress. In that photo, and the way I saw the person wearing it on the bus, the cable is facing towards the back of the head and the cable looks really stressed since it's going back in front of the person.
post #10625 of 11660
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Is that the proper way to wear them? On the V-MODA Crossfade M-100, the cable connecting the headband to the earcup goes on the back of the head. Likewise, most headphones with an angled connector at the earcup usually have the cable on the side where the cable has the least amount of stress. In that photo, and the way I saw the person wearing it on the bus, the cable is facing towards the back of the head and the cable looks really stressed since it's going back in front of the person.

She's obviously wearing them as an accessory. They're probably not even plugged in. tongue.gif
post #10626 of 11660

A lot of people seem to be using them as earmuffs. But when it's -12F, or even 4, not that effective!

post #10627 of 11660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastnbulbous View Post
 

A lot of people seem to be using them as earmuffs. But when it's -12F, or even 4, not that effective!

 

At the same time, it's a hell of a lot more effective than using nothing. I don't own earmuffs (though I should), but I do own full sized closed headphones. It's not the best solution, but when it's that cold out, you might as well use what you have on hand.

post #10628 of 11660
I saw a bunch of Sony XB headphones today, at least 4.


Also, it's scary how loud people listen to their music nowadays. I'm sitting near the front of the bus listening to some choral music and I can hear someone blasting "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" from the back of the bus. :/
post #10629 of 11660

yeah i know, i cant tell you how many times i hear people with apple earbuds that have their music so loud that its audible from about ten feet away. 

post #10630 of 11660

I just want to ask. Who here lives in Britain and owns a V-Moda headphone? I'm starting to realise just how rare these things are over here; especially custom shields.

post #10631 of 11660
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusGuy View Post
 

I just want to ask. Who here lives in Britain and owns a V-Moda headphone? I'm starting to realise just how rare these things are over here; especially custom shields.

I board in Britain and did consider buying the V-Moda M100s but I bought the Aedle VK-1 instead. I even had a shield design ready but changed my mind at the last minute after getting a chance to audition them in a shop because the V-shaped sound signature didn't appeal to me.

 

post #10632 of 11660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginron View Post
 

yeah i know, i cant tell you how many times i hear people with apple earbuds that have their music so loud that its audible from about ten feet away. 

They always put it on max volume.

I'm not quite sure why.. doesn't it hurt? 

post #10633 of 11660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzziekiwi View Post

They always put it on max volume.
I'm not quite sure why.. doesn't it hurt? 

If their hearing is already damaged it probably won't hurt.
post #10634 of 11660
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post


If their hearing is already damaged it probably won't hurt.

How did they even start though. lol. I hate when people show off their headphones like somebody did to me the other day. "Listen to these Skullcandy's they go so loud!"

Oh

I can rupture your eardrum with my headphones if I have an amplifier. 

post #10635 of 11660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzziekiwi View Post
 

How did they even start though. lol. I hate when people show off their headphones like somebody did to me the other day. "Listen to these Skullcandy's they go so loud!"

Oh

I can rupture your eardrum with my headphones if I have an amplifier. 

Yep that's literally how people rank how good their headphones are.

 

"I bet yours don't go as loud as my purple beats" to some kid that walks around with a cheap razer gaming headset

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2