- 2,665 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: Oregon
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 709post #10621 of 123111/29/14 at 10:07amTwo m50 sightings today at my school during finals week. Surprising considering I haven't ever seen anything good at my school before last week which was also an M50.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10622 of 123111/29/14 at 11:12amQuote:
I also use them as portable from time to time. They are something like HD280 - lacking almost all bass.
And here they are in the wild: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8713535@N03/7123288825/post #10623 of 123111/29/14 at 12:19pmQuote:Is that the proper way to wear them? On the V-MODA Crossfade M-100, the cable connecting the headband to the earcup goes on the back of the head. Likewise, most headphones with an angled connector at the earcup usually have the cable on the side where the cable has the least amount of stress. In that photo, and the way I saw the person wearing it on the bus, the cable is facing towards the back of the head and the cable looks really stressed since it's going back in front of the person.Originally Posted by martinqQuote:I also use them as portable from time to time. They are something like HD280 - lacking almost all bass.
And here they are in the wild: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8713535@N03/7123288825/post #10624 of 123111/29/14 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by miceblue
Is that the proper way to wear them? On the V-MODA Crossfade M-100, the cable connecting the headband to the earcup goes on the back of the head. Likewise, most headphones with an angled connector at the earcup usually have the cable on the side where the cable has the least amount of stress. In that photo, and the way I saw the person wearing it on the bus, the cable is facing towards the back of the head and the cable looks really stressed since it's going back in front of the person.
She's obviously wearing them as an accessory. They're probably not even plugged in.post #10625 of 123111/29/14 at 1:48pmpost #10626 of 123111/29/14 at 7:27pmQuote:
At the same time, it's a hell of a lot more effective than using nothing. I don't own earmuffs (though I should), but I do own full sized closed headphones. It's not the best solution, but when it's that cold out, you might as well use what you have on hand.post #10627 of 123111/29/14 at 7:55pmI saw a bunch of Sony XB headphones today, at least 4.
Also, it's scary how loud people listen to their music nowadays. I'm sitting near the front of the bus listening to some choral music and I can hear someone blasting "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" from the back of the bus. :/post #10628 of 123111/29/14 at 8:39pmpost #10629 of 123111/30/14 at 11:44ampost #10630 of 123111/30/14 at 11:53amQuote:
I board in Britain and did consider buying the V-Moda M100s but I bought the Aedle VK-1 instead. I even had a shield design ready but changed my mind at the last minute after getting a chance to audition them in a shop because the V-shaped sound signature didn't appeal to me.post #10631 of 123111/30/14 at 12:25pmQuote:
They always put it on max volume.
I'm not quite sure why.. doesn't it hurt?post #10632 of 123111/30/14 at 12:29pmQuote:
If their hearing is already damaged it probably won't hurt.post #10633 of 123111/30/14 at 12:31pmQuote:
How did they even start though. lol. I hate when people show off their headphones like somebody did to me the other day. "Listen to these Skullcandy's they go so loud!"
I can rupture your eardrum with my headphones if I have an amplifier.post #10634 of 123111/30/14 at 12:44pmQuote:
Yep that's literally how people rank how good their headphones are.
"I bet yours don't go as loud as my purple beats" to some kid that walks around with a cheap razer gaming headsetpost #10635 of 123111/30/14 at 12:48pmQuote:I know, right??Originally Posted by linglingjrQuote:Yep that's literally how people rank how good their headphones are.
"I bet yours don't go as loud as my purple beats" to some kid that walks around with a cheap razer gaming headset
"Wow, these Sennheiser headphones suck! My Beats get louder at the same volume level!"
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Comparisons: 31 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for Rock under $150 3 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs Puro IE500iem Impessions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Best gaming headset 8 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 9 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 9 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...