- 2,667 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: Oregon
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 709post #10621 of 123691/29/14 at 10:07amTwo m50 sightings today at my school during finals week. Surprising considering I haven't ever seen anything good at my school before last week which was also an M50.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10622 of 123691/29/14 at 11:12amQuote:
I also use them as portable from time to time. They are something like HD280 - lacking almost all bass.
And here they are in the wild: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8713535@N03/7123288825/post #10623 of 123691/29/14 at 12:19pmQuote:Is that the proper way to wear them? On the V-MODA Crossfade M-100, the cable connecting the headband to the earcup goes on the back of the head. Likewise, most headphones with an angled connector at the earcup usually have the cable on the side where the cable has the least amount of stress. In that photo, and the way I saw the person wearing it on the bus, the cable is facing towards the back of the head and the cable looks really stressed since it's going back in front of the person.Originally Posted by martinqQuote:I also use them as portable from time to time. They are something like HD280 - lacking almost all bass.
And here they are in the wild: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8713535@N03/7123288825/post #10624 of 123691/29/14 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by miceblue
Is that the proper way to wear them? On the V-MODA Crossfade M-100, the cable connecting the headband to the earcup goes on the back of the head. Likewise, most headphones with an angled connector at the earcup usually have the cable on the side where the cable has the least amount of stress. In that photo, and the way I saw the person wearing it on the bus, the cable is facing towards the back of the head and the cable looks really stressed since it's going back in front of the person.
She's obviously wearing them as an accessory. They're probably not even plugged in.post #10625 of 123691/29/14 at 1:48pmpost #10626 of 123691/29/14 at 7:27pmQuote:
At the same time, it's a hell of a lot more effective than using nothing. I don't own earmuffs (though I should), but I do own full sized closed headphones. It's not the best solution, but when it's that cold out, you might as well use what you have on hand.post #10627 of 123691/29/14 at 7:55pmI saw a bunch of Sony XB headphones today, at least 4.
Also, it's scary how loud people listen to their music nowadays. I'm sitting near the front of the bus listening to some choral music and I can hear someone blasting "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" from the back of the bus. :/post #10628 of 123691/29/14 at 8:39pmpost #10629 of 123691/30/14 at 11:44ampost #10630 of 123691/30/14 at 11:53amQuote:
I board in Britain and did consider buying the V-Moda M100s but I bought the Aedle VK-1 instead. I even had a shield design ready but changed my mind at the last minute after getting a chance to audition them in a shop because the V-shaped sound signature didn't appeal to me.post #10631 of 123691/30/14 at 12:25pmQuote:
They always put it on max volume.
I'm not quite sure why.. doesn't it hurt?post #10632 of 123691/30/14 at 12:29pmQuote:
If their hearing is already damaged it probably won't hurt.post #10633 of 123691/30/14 at 12:31pmQuote:
How did they even start though. lol. I hate when people show off their headphones like somebody did to me the other day. "Listen to these Skullcandy's they go so loud!"
I can rupture your eardrum with my headphones if I have an amplifier.post #10634 of 123691/30/14 at 12:44pmQuote:
Yep that's literally how people rank how good their headphones are.
"I bet yours don't go as loud as my purple beats" to some kid that walks around with a cheap razer gaming headsetpost #10635 of 123691/30/14 at 12:48pmQuote:I know, right??Originally Posted by linglingjrQuote:Yep that's literally how people rank how good their headphones are.
"I bet yours don't go as loud as my purple beats" to some kid that walks around with a cheap razer gaming headset
"Wow, these Sennheiser headphones suck! My Beats get louder at the same volume level!"
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 13 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 38 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-7200 1 minute ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony 1.2m Balanced standard plug MUC-M12SB1 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for studio reference headphones, but am picky 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear