- 2,558 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: Troutdale OR
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 709post #10621 of 121331/29/14 at 10:07amTwo m50 sightings today at my school during finals week. Surprising considering I haven't ever seen anything good at my school before last week which was also an M50.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10622 of 121331/29/14 at 11:12amQuote:
I also use them as portable from time to time. They are something like HD280 - lacking almost all bass.
And here they are in the wild: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8713535@N03/7123288825/post #10623 of 121331/29/14 at 12:19pmQuote:Is that the proper way to wear them? On the V-MODA Crossfade M-100, the cable connecting the headband to the earcup goes on the back of the head. Likewise, most headphones with an angled connector at the earcup usually have the cable on the side where the cable has the least amount of stress. In that photo, and the way I saw the person wearing it on the bus, the cable is facing towards the back of the head and the cable looks really stressed since it's going back in front of the person.Originally Posted by martinqQuote:I also use them as portable from time to time. They are something like HD280 - lacking almost all bass.
And here they are in the wild: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8713535@N03/7123288825/post #10624 of 121331/29/14 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by miceblue
Is that the proper way to wear them? On the V-MODA Crossfade M-100, the cable connecting the headband to the earcup goes on the back of the head. Likewise, most headphones with an angled connector at the earcup usually have the cable on the side where the cable has the least amount of stress. In that photo, and the way I saw the person wearing it on the bus, the cable is facing towards the back of the head and the cable looks really stressed since it's going back in front of the person.
She's obviously wearing them as an accessory. They're probably not even plugged in.post #10625 of 121331/29/14 at 1:48pmpost #10626 of 121331/29/14 at 7:27pmQuote:
At the same time, it's a hell of a lot more effective than using nothing. I don't own earmuffs (though I should), but I do own full sized closed headphones. It's not the best solution, but when it's that cold out, you might as well use what you have on hand.post #10627 of 121331/29/14 at 7:55pmI saw a bunch of Sony XB headphones today, at least 4.
Also, it's scary how loud people listen to their music nowadays. I'm sitting near the front of the bus listening to some choral music and I can hear someone blasting "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" from the back of the bus. :/post #10628 of 121331/29/14 at 8:39pmpost #10629 of 121331/30/14 at 11:44ampost #10630 of 121331/30/14 at 11:53amQuote:
I board in Britain and did consider buying the V-Moda M100s but I bought the Aedle VK-1 instead. I even had a shield design ready but changed my mind at the last minute after getting a chance to audition them in a shop because the V-shaped sound signature didn't appeal to me.post #10631 of 121331/30/14 at 12:25pmQuote:
They always put it on max volume.
I'm not quite sure why.. doesn't it hurt?post #10632 of 121331/30/14 at 12:29pmQuote:
If their hearing is already damaged it probably won't hurt.post #10633 of 121331/30/14 at 12:31pmQuote:
How did they even start though. lol. I hate when people show off their headphones like somebody did to me the other day. "Listen to these Skullcandy's they go so loud!"
I can rupture your eardrum with my headphones if I have an amplifier.post #10634 of 121331/30/14 at 12:44pmQuote:
Yep that's literally how people rank how good their headphones are.
"I bet yours don't go as loud as my purple beats" to some kid that walks around with a cheap razer gaming headsetpost #10635 of 121331/30/14 at 12:48pmQuote:I know, right??Originally Posted by linglingjrQuote:Yep that's literally how people rank how good their headphones are.
"I bet yours don't go as loud as my purple beats" to some kid that walks around with a cheap razer gaming headset
"Wow, these Sennheiser headphones suck! My Beats get louder at the same volume level!"
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 13 seconds ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 9 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 10 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)