- 2,666 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: Oregon
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/21/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 709post #10621 of 123431/29/14 at 10:07amTwo m50 sightings today at my school during finals week. Surprising considering I haven't ever seen anything good at my school before last week which was also an M50.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10622 of 123431/29/14 at 11:12amQuote:
I also use them as portable from time to time. They are something like HD280 - lacking almost all bass.
And here they are in the wild: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8713535@N03/7123288825/post #10623 of 123431/29/14 at 12:19pmQuote:Is that the proper way to wear them? On the V-MODA Crossfade M-100, the cable connecting the headband to the earcup goes on the back of the head. Likewise, most headphones with an angled connector at the earcup usually have the cable on the side where the cable has the least amount of stress. In that photo, and the way I saw the person wearing it on the bus, the cable is facing towards the back of the head and the cable looks really stressed since it's going back in front of the person.Originally Posted by martinqQuote:I also use them as portable from time to time. They are something like HD280 - lacking almost all bass.
And here they are in the wild: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8713535@N03/7123288825/post #10624 of 123431/29/14 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by miceblue
Is that the proper way to wear them? On the V-MODA Crossfade M-100, the cable connecting the headband to the earcup goes on the back of the head. Likewise, most headphones with an angled connector at the earcup usually have the cable on the side where the cable has the least amount of stress. In that photo, and the way I saw the person wearing it on the bus, the cable is facing towards the back of the head and the cable looks really stressed since it's going back in front of the person.
She's obviously wearing them as an accessory. They're probably not even plugged in.post #10625 of 123431/29/14 at 1:48pmpost #10626 of 123431/29/14 at 7:27pmQuote:
At the same time, it's a hell of a lot more effective than using nothing. I don't own earmuffs (though I should), but I do own full sized closed headphones. It's not the best solution, but when it's that cold out, you might as well use what you have on hand.post #10627 of 123431/29/14 at 7:55pmI saw a bunch of Sony XB headphones today, at least 4.
Also, it's scary how loud people listen to their music nowadays. I'm sitting near the front of the bus listening to some choral music and I can hear someone blasting "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" from the back of the bus. :/post #10628 of 123431/29/14 at 8:39pmpost #10629 of 123431/30/14 at 11:44ampost #10630 of 123431/30/14 at 11:53amQuote:
I board in Britain and did consider buying the V-Moda M100s but I bought the Aedle VK-1 instead. I even had a shield design ready but changed my mind at the last minute after getting a chance to audition them in a shop because the V-shaped sound signature didn't appeal to me.post #10631 of 123431/30/14 at 12:25pmQuote:
They always put it on max volume.
I'm not quite sure why.. doesn't it hurt?post #10632 of 123431/30/14 at 12:29pmQuote:
If their hearing is already damaged it probably won't hurt.post #10633 of 123431/30/14 at 12:31pmQuote:
How did they even start though. lol. I hate when people show off their headphones like somebody did to me the other day. "Listen to these Skullcandy's they go so loud!"
I can rupture your eardrum with my headphones if I have an amplifier.post #10634 of 123431/30/14 at 12:44pmQuote:
Yep that's literally how people rank how good their headphones are.
"I bet yours don't go as loud as my purple beats" to some kid that walks around with a cheap razer gaming headsetpost #10635 of 123431/30/14 at 12:48pmQuote:I know, right??Originally Posted by linglingjrQuote:Yep that's literally how people rank how good their headphones are.
"I bet yours don't go as loud as my purple beats" to some kid that walks around with a cheap razer gaming headset
"Wow, these Sennheiser headphones suck! My Beats get louder at the same volume level!"
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 25 seconds ago
- › Tennmak 1 minute ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 3 minutes ago
- › WTS Focal Elear for sale 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 13 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 15 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 17 minutes ago
- › Pathos Aurium anyone? 18 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 19 minutes ago
- › DAC/AMP for Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 21 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...