Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 704

post #10546 of 11375

Misterwives uses AKGs:

post #10547 of 11375
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post

Misterwives uses AKGs:


Isn't he from Monstercat?
post #10548 of 11375
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

I would like to give props to the AKG marketing staff though. Back when the episode aired, the 701 was selling for 74,900 yen (~US$750) or more: genius marketing in place! If other audiophile companies did this (especially Sony with their convenient Japanese origins) I bet sales would skyrocket.

That's what some otaku would to do get their hands on 'celebrity'-endorsed goods :k701smile:

 

Insane isn't it (Click to show)

Edited by BucketInABucket - 1/18/14 at 3:06pm
post #10549 of 11375
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post


Isn't he from Monstercat?

Not that I know of, unless his name comes up in this:

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2013/08/misterwives-interview-mandy-lee-opens-up-about-the-bands-quick-ascent/

 

From the interview:

 

"Originally Misterwives had three members—Mandy, Etienne and William but in the last few months they have adopted three additional members—Marc, Murph and Dr. Blum."


Edited by linglingjr - 1/18/14 at 4:14pm
post #10550 of 11375
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

That's what some otaku would to do get their hands on 'celebrity'-endorsed goods :k701smile:

 

Insane isn't it (Click to show)

LMAO :eek:

That's awesome. Though I can't understand a thing on that box, I'm willing to bet that there's something along the lines of "as seen on K-ON" on that box somewhere. 

 

Meh, I'd rather get the Q701. They say it's (slightly) bassier and takes a step back from "God-Mode" (says MLE).

post #10551 of 11375
Plenty of lower grade kids wearing Beats Studios and one with the Beats Mixrs. (Their parent's pockets must be hurting) A pair of N-Tunes, a Bose QC15 and, to my surprise, a pair of B&W P7 o.o
post #10552 of 11375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Vanderbaum View Post

Plenty of lower grade kids wearing Beats Studios and one with the Beats Mixrs. (Their parent's pockets must be hurting) A pair of N-Tunes, a Bose QC15 and, to my surprise, a pair of B&W P7 o.o

Wow. Not a lower-grade kid?

post #10553 of 11375
An odd sighting, but one nonetheless. XD
post #10554 of 11375
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

Wow. Not a lower-grade kid?
Meant "lower grade" as in middle schoolers (lol), since I'm in my last year of high school.
post #10555 of 11375
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post

Isn't he from Monstercat?
No. Tristam FTW, by the way.
post #10556 of 11375
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

That's what some otaku would to do get their hands on 'celebrity'-endorsed goods :k701smile:

 

Insane isn't it (Click to show)

Get back to me when you have loli Grados. *Cue hair flip

post #10557 of 11375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Vanderbaum View Post


Meant "lower grade" as in middle schoolers (lol), since I'm in my last year of high school.

I actually knew what you meant, but was the w/ the P7 a middle-schooler too? Just sayin'.

Know a fellow high schooler (junior I think) who has an MDR-7506...which I recommended to him. Later, his younger brother bought a Sennheiser HD201. 

Successful conversion since he used to have PowerBeats (whcih are now broken with a busted left driver, XD).

post #10558 of 11375
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

An odd sighting, but one nonetheless. XD

That...is that Kingdom Hearts, by any chance? Dunno about the game, but since there's Donald Duck there...

post #10559 of 11375
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

LMAO :eek:

That's awesome. Though I can't understand a thing on that box, I'm willing to bet that there's something along the lines of "as seen on K-ON" on that box somewhere. 

 

Meh, I'd rather get the Q701. They say it's (slightly) bassier and takes a step back from "God-Mode" (says MLE).

I've never actually tried any of the AKG cans before because they've never really caught my eye, but seeing how people would buy it at such a mark-up just for the endorsement factor made me blanch a little :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickGlasses View Post
 

Get back to me when you have loli Grados. *Cue hair flip

Senpai pls

post #10560 of 11375
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

An odd sighting, but one nonetheless. XD

That...is that Kingdom Hearts, by any chance? Dunno about the game, but since there's Donald Duck there...
It's actually Dust: An Elysian Tail. tongue.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone Sightings 2