- 489 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift GuideLast edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 691post #10351 of 1104012/6/13 at 2:29amI think............... I think........... I think I just saw of W3 gold editions....... Or did I just see another custom........
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10352 of 1104012/6/13 at 1:11pmpost #10353 of 1104012/6/13 at 1:19pmpost #10354 of 1104012/6/13 at 1:29pmpost #10355 of 1104012/6/13 at 5:28pm
Saw a pair Panasonic RP-HTX7 while taking the train last week. I thought the person where wearing Momentums from afar.
Saw a pair of House of Marley Soul Rebel Dubwise On-Ear headphones on an off-duty TJ Maxx employee. FYI - they had a bunch of those cans for sale.post #10356 of 1104012/6/13 at 5:49pmpost #10357 of 1104012/6/13 at 6:34pmpost #10358 of 1104012/7/13 at 12:15pm
Koss's billboards outside their headquarters in Milwaukee tend to be pretty hit-and-miss. When they released the TBSE, they used a photoshopped version of a Tony Bennett photo with him wearing the headphones. Usually their Christmas billboards are pretty cringeworthy as well.post #10359 of 1104012/7/13 at 12:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by ssrock64
Koss's billboards outside their headquarters in Milwaukee tend to be pretty hit-and-miss. When they released the TBSE, they used a photoshopped version of a Tony Bennett photo with him wearing the headphones. Usually their Christmas billboards are pretty cringeworthy as well.
Well, remember that this is the same company that makes a Cheese headphone. Feel free to Google that one!
The pic of Tony Bennett wearing the DJ100/TBSE always made me laugh. Not sure why..
They had to get more people to try out the DJ100, so that along with selling them on HSN is one way of doing it.
I never see anyone wearing headphones.
If I do it's usually people shopping and having them cranked really loud.
These people are worse than the shoppers that can't shop without talking on a phone. Too boring I guess.post #10360 of 1104012/7/13 at 1:20pmpost #10361 of 1104012/7/13 at 11:45pmpost #10362 of 1104012/8/13 at 2:14ampost #10363 of 1104012/8/13 at 2:08pm
An M30 is actually a sort of interesting find, since you can't really buy them anywhere easily. Usually you're more likely to see a cheap Sony or an M50.post #10364 of 1104012/8/13 at 4:17pm
Get back from a run and everyone's huddled around the Tv watching football. I walk past the screen and see an ad reading "Visit beatsbydre.com to see how Colin Kaepernick silences the haters" Oh god, I'm sure ANC is a great way to silence people presumably yelling at you.
^false ANC only works well with constant sounds that don't change in frequency (jets on plane, engine in car/train etc)
I also saw an absolutely massive dude He must have been at least 6'5 and 280+ lbs wearing tiny little sony on ears. Looked pretty goofy honestly. K550s would look normal sized on some one that big.post #10365 of 1104012/8/13 at 8:18pmQuote:Derp. "Look at my 500#Swag headphones bruh!"
"Dude, they're on backwards."
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 29 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 5 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones Recommendation for College Student 6 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob