- 320 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/15/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/8/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 689post #10321 of 1033112/2/13 at 8:30pmSaw a pair of COPs... They're huge!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10322 of 1033112/2/13 at 10:49pmpost #10323 of 1033112/3/13 at 8:47ampost #10324 of 1033112/4/13 at 2:43am
In other news, saw a pair of xba-2s, red m50s and westone 4Rs. It was sort of a good day.post #10325 of 1033112/4/13 at 5:19amQuote:
it's an extremely nice movie!post #10326 of 1033112/4/13 at 6:03ampost #10327 of 1033112/4/13 at 11:26ampost #10328 of 1033112/4/13 at 11:14pm
Saw some pretty interesting ones today... cause it's really hard for me to figure out the IEMs and even now I gotta guess.
-Saw a dude using Shure SE-425 (I THINK... it was chrome-ish and reflective)... without the cables wrapped around the ears. Just... forward and down. I was honestly wondering if he is doing it on purpose.
-A guy was wearing a Koss TBSE1!
Sadly that's it. Couldn't recognize the rest... my Head-Fi level just ain't good enough it seems.
On another note, found out that one of the TAs for one of my class uses Beyer DT770's.post #10329 of 1033112/5/13 at 6:33am
in the 21st century society one can hardly spot a decent pair of headphones
right now in my daily life in a metropolitan city all i friggin see are Dr Dre Beats, Bose crap, Sony ZX1, or stock Apple earbuds/earpods.
i would smile a little occasionally when i spot a pair of sennheisers or some shure IEMs (but all low-mid end)
there was this ONE time i saw a guy wearing Beyerdynamic Custom One, but he was using it for his Blackberry ffs!
is it the area i live in consist of so little people that appreciate quality over design/meta in public or do i just have bad luck?
Edited by stuartfang - Today at 6:36 ampost #10330 of 1033112/5/13 at 8:18amQuote:
that's true. and i think there might be various good reasons...
first, people will most likely buy stuff that others say it's good/cool/whatever, including (teenage) shop assistants who don't have much of a clue themselves. best pr wins in this case, eg. bose, zx1, rapper cans.
second, as it is with b***s, kids etc. see 'phones as just another fashion item looking "cool", regardless of how they sound. the more expensive, the better.
third, only a few of those who actually have hi-fi/mid-fi 'phones at home will wear them outside because they're either not suited (open, bulky, etc.) or too expensive to risk damage.
so most of the people wearing decent gear outside have most likely bought it specifically for portable use. or they got it as a present and have no clue at all about what they are wearing.
so, keep searching for the extraordinary gems among the common schiit, and enjoy it if you spot one ;)
ps: i stopped reporting b***s and the like exactly because of this.
Edited by ampair - Today at 8:20 ampost #10331 of 1033112/5/13 at 11:06amAs much as I enjoy the headfi community, I honestly feel some of you guys are too harsh on others that don't have headphones with the headfi approval stamp.
Some people do just buy headphones for looks rather than sound, and marketing does play a huge role sometimes. There's a reason why designer clothing still sells for 300x the amount it costs to make.
Do none of you wear Nike, adidas, nudies, etc. At all?
Edited by asdfvtn - Today at 11:07 am
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New headphone amp 3 seconds ago
- › DT990 Pro Appreciation Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Need help buying <£100 over-ears suitable for metal and electronic 1 minute ago
- › Sound card and amp for akg q701 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Cheap closed Headphones for work 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 2 minutes ago
- › Help finding over-ear headphones with good positional audio mostly... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi