Went to Youmacon 2013 saw some iGrados and a pair Sennheiser HD700's.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 676
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10127 of 1238911/3/13 at 8:49pmQuote:
I wish he would stop making music because everything on and after Recovery is poop. /derailmentpost #10128 of 1238911/3/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
I like his new songs... Can't remember the title though.. It goes like "blah blah blah blah ALL NIGHT LONG!!"
Saw my friend with a pair of HTC stock cable... It's amazing how she can use it for 2-3 years and still look new (it's white BTW... Which tend to get dirty easily)post #10129 of 1238911/3/13 at 10:21pmpost #10130 of 1238911/3/13 at 11:56pmQuote:
Good thing what! SE215 is not a bad IEM... Probably something like ATH-M50 hype hahapost #10131 of 1238911/4/13 at 5:02ampost #10132 of 1238911/4/13 at 5:09amAnyways........ Guess what I found.....,.. An old if not ancient and rare pair of akg k100s ( forgive me I'm not into vintage headphones, though I guess it was old ). They were displayed outside an old music store at The Adelphi. Looked really vintage.post #10133 of 1238911/4/13 at 7:26amQuote:
What does it say on that yellow sticker? "Adults only?" What kind of R-rated music is on that disc? lolpost #10134 of 1238911/4/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by lookingforIEMs
As a hype though......... I'd hate it when audiophillia becomes mainstream, or at least basic audiophiliia. The b**** crowd already have such a snobby "know it all" attitude, thinking that they know EVERYTHING about audio. Imagine how much worse it would be if people actually found an audiophile endorsed iem like the se215 and finally think they know everything. That is my nightmare. I already have such a hard time with my father I don't need another "know it all"
I'm probably to be blamed for some of that, I've sent way too many people off to Jaben either looking for GR02s or SE215s, and I have to say that the world is probably a better place, more happy people with better earphones :) As for the "know it all" people and their rotten attitudes I'm not particularly bothered when people claim to have more knowledge on audio stuff, I'm just happy they're actually exposed to good audio equipment rather than Beats/Monster/etc...
I think a good thing to note about this hobby is that you should never try to assert your "dominance" in terms of knowledge of IEM's/Headphones/Audio stuff, I have seen many an audiophile friend blow a fuse over trying to convince the general public to understand this hobby. Bottom line, be happy with your own knowledge and equipment, and be happy that at least they enjoy their music:)
Edited by Noobmachine - 11/4/13 at 8:25ampost #10135 of 1238911/4/13 at 8:30am
Kid next to me pulled K540s out of his backpack. They don't sound too bad, the only reason he has them is because his dad brought them from somewhere and I was telling him about how great AKG is before hand (with my K272s) : 3post #10136 of 1238911/4/13 at 8:51ampost #10137 of 1238911/4/13 at 9:41amOhgawd....
There's a girl on the bus with iBuds listening to them at some 80% volume on her iPhone such that I can hear her music at the front of the bus while she is sitting in the back. When she boarded the bus and asked the driver if this is the correct bus to go to X, she was basically yelling at him, thinking she needed to hear herself over the ridiculous volume of music she was listening to.
Good gawd what has society gotten into nowadays? Another person with 80% volume iBuds boarded the bus and missed her stop because she couldn't hear the driver and other people saying they were at her stop.
Edited by miceblue - 11/4/13 at 10:05ampost #10138 of 1238911/4/13 at 10:29ampost #10139 of 1238911/4/13 at 11:30amQuote:
Both :Ppost #10140 of 1238911/4/13 at 11:54am
In other news, saw a guy wearing Fostex T50-RPs today. I had to do a double take to see if they were MadDogs. hahaha
People must think I am so strange. Every time someone with headphones walks past me in a hallway I always have to check what kind they are. :P
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 6 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 11 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 12 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 15 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 15 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 15 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 16 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 16 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 17 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 17 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear