Went to Youmacon 2013 saw some iGrados and a pair Sennheiser HD700's.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 676
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10127 of 1231111/3/13 at 8:49pmQuote:
I wish he would stop making music because everything on and after Recovery is poop. /derailmentpost #10128 of 1231111/3/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
I like his new songs... Can't remember the title though.. It goes like "blah blah blah blah ALL NIGHT LONG!!"
Saw my friend with a pair of HTC stock cable... It's amazing how she can use it for 2-3 years and still look new (it's white BTW... Which tend to get dirty easily)post #10129 of 1231111/3/13 at 10:21pmpost #10130 of 1231111/3/13 at 11:56pmQuote:
Good thing what! SE215 is not a bad IEM... Probably something like ATH-M50 hype hahapost #10131 of 1231111/4/13 at 5:02ampost #10132 of 1231111/4/13 at 5:09amAnyways........ Guess what I found.....,.. An old if not ancient and rare pair of akg k100s ( forgive me I'm not into vintage headphones, though I guess it was old ). They were displayed outside an old music store at The Adelphi. Looked really vintage.post #10133 of 1231111/4/13 at 7:26amQuote:
What does it say on that yellow sticker? "Adults only?" What kind of R-rated music is on that disc? lolpost #10134 of 1231111/4/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by lookingforIEMs
As a hype though......... I'd hate it when audiophillia becomes mainstream, or at least basic audiophiliia. The b**** crowd already have such a snobby "know it all" attitude, thinking that they know EVERYTHING about audio. Imagine how much worse it would be if people actually found an audiophile endorsed iem like the se215 and finally think they know everything. That is my nightmare. I already have such a hard time with my father I don't need another "know it all"
I'm probably to be blamed for some of that, I've sent way too many people off to Jaben either looking for GR02s or SE215s, and I have to say that the world is probably a better place, more happy people with better earphones :) As for the "know it all" people and their rotten attitudes I'm not particularly bothered when people claim to have more knowledge on audio stuff, I'm just happy they're actually exposed to good audio equipment rather than Beats/Monster/etc...
I think a good thing to note about this hobby is that you should never try to assert your "dominance" in terms of knowledge of IEM's/Headphones/Audio stuff, I have seen many an audiophile friend blow a fuse over trying to convince the general public to understand this hobby. Bottom line, be happy with your own knowledge and equipment, and be happy that at least they enjoy their music:)
Edited by Noobmachine - 11/4/13 at 8:25ampost #10135 of 1231111/4/13 at 8:30am
Kid next to me pulled K540s out of his backpack. They don't sound too bad, the only reason he has them is because his dad brought them from somewhere and I was telling him about how great AKG is before hand (with my K272s) : 3post #10136 of 1231111/4/13 at 8:51ampost #10137 of 1231111/4/13 at 9:41amOhgawd....
There's a girl on the bus with iBuds listening to them at some 80% volume on her iPhone such that I can hear her music at the front of the bus while she is sitting in the back. When she boarded the bus and asked the driver if this is the correct bus to go to X, she was basically yelling at him, thinking she needed to hear herself over the ridiculous volume of music she was listening to.
Good gawd what has society gotten into nowadays? Another person with 80% volume iBuds boarded the bus and missed her stop because she couldn't hear the driver and other people saying they were at her stop.
Edited by miceblue - 11/4/13 at 10:05ampost #10138 of 1231111/4/13 at 10:29ampost #10139 of 1231111/4/13 at 11:30amQuote:
Both :Ppost #10140 of 1231111/4/13 at 11:54am
In other news, saw a guy wearing Fostex T50-RPs today. I had to do a double take to see if they were MadDogs. hahaha
People must think I am so strange. Every time someone with headphones walks past me in a hallway I always have to check what kind they are. :P
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 24 seconds ago
- › CAMPFIRE AUDIO Australia - New Zealand Tour (Reviews and... 54 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Head-Fi Times "A Ghetto burnout newspaper" 2 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 7 minutes ago
- › Pure i-20 iPod/iPhone Dock as a DAC 7 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 9 minutes ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...