Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › GS1000 vs K701...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GS1000 vs K701... - Page 6

post #76 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeride74 View Post
Personally I find much more value in the threads where people elaborate on faults and strengths of cans, amps, etc so I can identify specific characteristics of whatever is being discussed. Blunt statements and opinions in the positive or negative are not worth much because of the nature and many facets that make up sound and the variety of flavors appealing to a variety of pallets.
I wholeheartedly agree.
post #77 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeride74 View Post
Patu - Don't twist my words, I never said there was not plenty of headfiers that had similar complaints about the GS1000's highs and what not but you will not find much support likening them to $100 cans from best buy.
Where did I twist your words. This is what I wrote:

Minority of minority? Well there are probably only few who share so strongly negative opinion but definitely many who shares the negativeness.

Doesn't that exactly match your comment now?

Quote:
If you believe this to be true where's the value in information here for you?
You must know how to read between the lines. Nothing more special than that really.

Quote:
I'm one of the few that think the PS-1 only shines with flats so we all certain things that we prefer but I have not heard any high-end cans (regardless of thier faults IMO) that I would compare to some cheapo set from the local electronics store.
Some serious basshead we have here. I thought that flats made RS-1 already way too bassy. I wonder how they'd work with PS-1 which has much bass with bowls already. I must try this next time I visit my friend.

You haven't heard that kind of high-end cans but I have. GS1000 is just that for me. Should I apologize for that or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
Your honesty is too much for me? Spare me your worries, please...

Your comments are not constructive, they are denoting.
Didn't I just describe what's wrong in GS1000 sound? I never write long descriptions describing every single note that comes out of the headphone. I like to keep it short.

Quote:
Of course it's mismatched. If it wasn't, it wouldn't sound like what you describe ($100 cans). It may match well with the other Grado headphones, but as some have regarded the GS1000 as un-Grado in their sound, so maybe it's only natural it will sound different with an otherwise good Grado rig?
Of course it's just impossible for you to understand that I simply don't like this headphone no matter in what rig it'd be. It's impossible for you who own and praise GS1000 to understand that there could be something wrong in the headphone itself, not the rig around it.

By the way, my friend owned GS1000 when he ordered his Supra. When finding the right tube combination for it, he has used GS1000 just like all the other Grados. When it comes to Wadia, it's perfect for any Grado out there. Smooth and full sound which really gives Grados some body to the sound (which they need). It also tames the highs. For example with HD650 it doesn't work at all.

I've heard GS1000 with several other rigs also and this Supra setup was clearly the best. I've never heard headphone to completely change its sound signature when it has been moved from rig A to rig B. There are changes but there's limit to those changes also. GS1000 is GS1000, no matter in what rig it'd be.

Quote:
If that isn't mismatched, tell me what it is.
The crappy headphones maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm321 View Post
The HD650 is notorious for having exagerated bass, rolled off highs and lacking PRAT (boring)... now who is sounding like a fanboy (don't say you need the right amp because that would apply to the GS-1000 as well)
How does HD650 have anything to do with our discussion here? Your attacking my favorite headphone so I'd get provoked or something? Pathetic really.

Quote:
But I don't think the HD650 is terrible or the same as $100 headphones. I don't bash them. I think it sounds wonderful but just isn't for me. - I think you don't mean the harsh things you say. I think it may be the language barrier that makes it seem like you are bashing them when you are just stating that you don't like them. At least I hope that's the case.
No language barrier here. I meant what I said.

There are several headphones out there of which I truly understand why some people love them, even though I wouldn't like them. For GS1000, I just can't figure it out. It simply sounds so bad to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeride74 View Post
Personally I find much more value in the threads where people elaborate on faults and strengths of cans, amps, etc so I can identify specific characteristics of whatever is being discussed. Blunt statements and opinions in the positive or negative are not worth much because of the nature and many facets that make up sound and the variety of flavors appealing to a variety of pallets.
I did it already in my previous post. Please read it so you know what's wrong in GS1000 in my opinion.

I promise to give GS1000 a proper audition at my friends place when I go there next time. I should visit him in a few weeks. I'll tell him to put his best GS1000 tube combination with the Supra. I'll report you again then.

I think we could go on with the thread already, even though this isn't completely offtopic. You can continue bashing me but I'll let it be for now. Peace.
post #78 of 179
I like how things are taken out of context and replied to individually. Classy.
post #79 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
I like how things are taken out of context and replied to individually. Classy.
It wouldn't change anything if I'd include your whole post to my quote so I left it out. Simple as that.

I reply this way so it's more clear to see what I'm commenting on.
post #80 of 179
Since I don't care to mirror the book you keep writing in response to every post I'll address the quote below and ingore the rest of your rediculious comments.

Quote:
You haven't heard that kind of high-end cans but I have.
I didn't know we were so close that you know of every headphone I've heard? Get off your platu there pal, you're not getting support here because you sound like an idiot.
post #81 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
I like how things are taken out of context and replied to individually. Classy.
ha ha no kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patu
No language barrier here. I meant what I said.
Well, then you don't have an excuse now - you are trolling
post #82 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeride74 View Post
Since I don't care to mirror the book you keep writing in response to every post I'll address the quote below and ingore the rest of your rediculious comments.

I didn't know we were so close that you know of every headphone I've heard? Get off your platu there pal, you're not getting support here because you sound like an idiot.
Is there something wrong in your understanding or what? You already forgot your own writings in the previous post? Haha... you are the best really.

You just posted this:

...I have not heard any high-end cans (regardless of thier faults IMO) that I would compare to some cheapo set from the local electronics store.

I was referring to this comment by saying You haven't heard that kind of cans but I have.

Who's looking like an idiot here?

Feel free to use the ignore function we have here. Ignoring me because I don't like the same headphone you do. That's really something. Oh boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm321 View Post
Well, then you don't have an excuse - you are trolling
Stating your own opinion makes you a troll.

Thank you once again for this retarded comment robm321.

Just when I was about to quote your even more retarded comment, you edited it. You're too quick robm321.
post #83 of 179
Quote:
Who's looking like an idiot here?
You are... or your english is not as good as you claim... so your saying that you've heard several high-end cans that compare to $100 cheapos? I've heard a large variety of high-end cans... just not that I would liken to $100 philips.

No ignore function, I've just got better things to do than to explain things and respond to every word you write.
post #84 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patu View Post
Stating your own opinion makes you a troll.

Thank you once again for calling me a troll robm321.
I tried to be decent and even give you an out, but you made it clear that you were bashing the headphones and arguing with anything positive said about it. Do you harass your friend that obviously owns and likes the GS-1000 as much as you do everyone here?

Step back take a look - you are arguing with almost everyone here. Are you ok? Not good on the heart buddy.

I think maybe there is an attraction to these that you are fighting internally - come on Patu, you know you want a pair.
post #85 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeride74 View Post
You are... or your english is not as good as you claim... so your saying that you've heard several high-end cans that compare to $100 cheapos? I've heard a large variety of high-end cans... just not that I would liken to $100 philips.
Your comments make me confused. And where did I claim my English is any good? Yours obviously suck because I haven't said anything like that in this thread. Where are you pulling these stories? If my English isn't perfect then try to understand the meaning of my sentences. It hasn't been a problem to anyone else yet.

Quote:
No ignore function, I've just got better things to do than to explain things and respond to every word you write.
Then why are you still replying? LOL
post #86 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by robm321 View Post
I tried to be decent and even give you an out, but you made it clear that you were bashing the headphone and arguing with anything positive said about it. Do you herass your friend that obviously owns and likes the GS-1000 as much as you do everyone here?

Step back take a look - you are arguing with almost everyone here. Are you ok? Not good on the heart buddy.
Arguing with anything positive said about it? You really are something. I don't even bother anymore.

I'm not bashing anything here. I just stated my honest opinion saying it directly and it was too much for the GS1000 fanboys here. Nothing more to add.
post #87 of 179
i prefer the sr80 to the gs1000
post #88 of 179
Well this has been fun, what are y'all doing next Friday?
post #89 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patu View Post
Your comments make me confused. And where did I claim my English is any good? Yours obviously suck because I haven't said anything like that in this thread. Where are you pulling these stories? If my English isn't perfect then try to understand the meaning of my sentences. It hasn't been a problem to anyone else yet.
English is my second language, and I can understand how a person use English as a second language. If you have no excuse in your writing, then this is my thought:

1. Your hearing is extraordinary. You might hear at the spectrum beyond the range that the rest of us can hear.
2. Your only favorite cans are the HD650. There's nothing wrong with that. It's your personal preference, and it's what can give you "Eargasm".
3. Your comments are implicitly expressing tones similar to "Bose bashing" threads.

Others who started the "Bose bashing" threads were able to get away with it, because, in fact, Bose fans have nothing to defend and won't stand a chance when compared to others. In this case, you won't get away because most of the GS1000 owners who bought and still hold on to them are hardcore head-fiers, who has the patience to work the systems and appreciate what they can deliver. Of course, it's agreed across the board that GS1000 is not for everyone. Some think that they are not a "True" Grado sound. However, if you compare GS1000 to a $100 set found in convenient stores, then I won't have any empathy for you when others start to address you as "Troll"

Hangloose man !!
post #90 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeride74
Well this has been fun, what are y'all doing next Friday?
ha ha

I noticed the other experienced heardfiers knew when to disengage a certain someone here... I never learn ha ha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › GS1000 vs K701...