Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Earbud headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earbud headphones

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
I am buying a x5L for my mp3 player. And since Ive joined Head fi, I have been reading alot on different headphones. I am wanting earbud headphones because when I listen to music I am often outside, or at school

I am looking for something between 70-130 dollars, and sound great and feel comfortable. If they can be black that be nice also. I am deaf on my left ear and that really sucks imo..So ill be using just one ear lol and im 16 /tear.

I listen to rock,rap,trance mostly, and I dont want earbuds that are super huge on the outside.

I dont know what to choose from altec,shure,ety,superfi. Its a lil imtimidating for me. I dont have alot of experience with any of the compaines. Or if anyone is selling some earbuds Ill check them out

Edit:For some reason, I useally dont want to spend alot of money on HEADphones I would never guess that something like that can make a difference. I would of never spend 80+ dollars on hp I guess headfi does that to you?
post #2 of 22
Whatever you get, don't get Etymotics. Their sound is unsuitable for the type of music you listen to. (I can't comment on other brands. Prefering headphones as I do, Etymotics were the only earbuds I ever owned.)
post #3 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricBlack
Whatever you get, don't get Etymotics. Their sound is unsuitable for the type of music you listen to. (I can't comment on other brands. Prefering headphones as I do, Etymotics were the only earbuds I ever owned.)
thanks for replying! does anyone else have any opinions?
post #4 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasp3r
thanks for replying! does anyone else have any opinions?
They'll come. Give it at least 12 hours.
post #5 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricBlack
They'll come. Give it at least 12 hours.
what should I do to pass the time uP? ahh read some more and listen to music
post #6 of 22
Sennheiser CX300/Creative EP-630 (more or less the same headphone, though some will argue against that. my belief is that they are OEM'ed from some chinese company and Sennheiser/Creative/Sharp just rebrand them.) and Shure e2c. I've heard both and they have good bass for rock and rap music. And both can be found easily below your $130 cap. It depends on how much isolation you want if you should go for the Shure. Shure e2c's with foam tips will block just about everything out. Whereas CX300/EP-630s will isolate, but you'll still get a little leakage since silicone tips can't create a perfect seal.
post #7 of 22
Thread Starter 
Whats the difference between these models?

Shure E3c-n Sound Isolating-150$ http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=electronics

Shure E2c-n Sound Isolating Earphones-79.99
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282

Etymotic ER6iC Isolator Earphones-99$
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282

SHURE E3 Sound Isolating Earphone Stereo Headphone -160$
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=electronics

Etymotic Research ER6i Isolator Earphone-90$
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=electronics

Studiophonic Hearos 618 Gold 20 Series In-Ear Speakers-99$
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=electronics

Altec Lansing inMotion iM716 Headphones-80$
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=electronics

As you can see, there are to many models in my prince range, and I dont know what I should be looking for in earbuds :/ I guess those are from what I want to choose from.
post #8 of 22
If you can afford the the shure e3 at $160, I suggest getting used super.fi 5 pro from the F/S forum. They suit your music preference very well.

The IEMs in your list does not seem to have sufficient bass for rap/trance (exc E2c). However, the current price of the im716 is too good to pass up (EQ'ed they will do the trick for your music)
post #9 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by glac1er
If you can afford the the shure e3 at $160, I suggest getting used super.fi 5 pro from the F/S forum. They suit your music preference very well.

The IEMs in your list does not seem to have sufficient bass for rap/trance (exc E2c). However, the current price of the im716 is too good to pass up (EQ'ed they will do the trick for your music)
the im716 are looking very good right now, too bad they arent in black :/

Where is the f/s forum? is it on the website lol
*edit its the forsale forum..haha
post #10 of 22
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14
post #11 of 22
LOL

I kinda like the white color because it makes them look very low profile (look like ibuds but sound a lot better).
The im616 are black and potentially sound better than er6i (no first hand experience though) but the im716 are better and cheaper now.
post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by glac1er
LOL

I kinda like the white color because it makes them look very low profile (look like ibuds but sound a lot better).
The im616 are black and potentially sound better than er6i (no first hand experience though) but the im716 are better and cheaper now.
the im716 triflanges look like the arent even comfortable. But hey Im sure there smooth hehe
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Whats the difference between these models?

Shure E3c-n Sound Isolating-150$ http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=electronics

Shure E2c-n Sound Isolating Earphones-79.99
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282

Etymotic ER6iC Isolator Earphones-99$
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282

SHURE E3 Sound Isolating Earphone Stereo Headphone -160$
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=electronics

Etymotic Research ER6i Isolator Earphone-90$
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=electronics

Studiophonic Hearos 618 Gold 20 Series In-Ear Speakers-99$
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=electronics

Altec Lansing inMotion iM716 Headphones-80$
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=electronics
Etymotics can cause pain in the ear canal if you are sensitive. They have to be inserted deeply. Also, it is tricky to insert them right. They can be frustrating.
post #14 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricBlack
Etymotics can cause pain in the ear canal if you are sensitive. They have to be inserted deeply. Also, it is tricky to insert them right. They can be frustrating.
arent the studio ones the same as ety's?
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasp3r
arent the studio ones the same as ety's?
Yeah, those look like they will have the same problems.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Earbud headphones