New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Innards For HeadRoom Amps - Page 2  

post #16 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luco
Well, for what it's worth, after leaning heavily towards the GS-X, I'm now leaning heavily towards something with balanced max modules.
Well then, a moment to gawk at the loveliness of it for you:



Yum. And if you do get a HR amp, get the DAC in it. They are simply unbelievable for the money.
post #17 of 202
Very nice. Looks like very dark chocolate with a hint of caramel.
post #18 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luco
Very nice. Looks like very dark chocolate with a hint of caramel.
It's more like peanut butter and chocolate. Mmmm.
post #19 of 202
Very interesting indeed. Perhaps Steve's amp at my table was one of these new ones. I've already mentioned that it totally creamed my amp and even the top-of-the-line Portaphile I brought (granted, portaphiles are way more affordable). All I know is that the Micro impressed the heck out of me even in the small amount of time I heard it. The seperation and detail was amazing, and no harshness to be found. Bass was really kicking, too, and not muddy like I felt the portaphile was in comparison.
post #20 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD1032
Very interesting indeed. Perhaps Steve's amp at my table was one of these new ones. I've already mentioned that it totally creamed my amp and even the top-of-the-line Portaphile I brought (granted, portaphiles are way more affordable). All I know is that the Micro impressed the heck out of me even in the small amount of time I heard it. The seperation and detail was amazing, and no harshness to be found. Bass was really kicking, too, and not muddy like I felt the portaphile was in comparison.
If he bought it in the last 3 or 4 weeks, it could well have been a new one, otherwise probably not.
post #21 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon1
How much will it cost to upgrade one that is 3 months old? Thanks.
I know exactly how you feel, mine is less than 4 weeks old
post #22 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleEs
I know exactly how you feel, mine is less than 4 weeks old
Just return it for a refund and get the new one.
post #23 of 202
Hmmmm, very tempting, and not very eithical
post #24 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleEs
Hmmmm, very tempting, and not very eithical
What on earth are you talking about? Headroom has a very good 30-day return policy, and a model upgrade just weeks after your purchase is a perfectly acceptable reason for a return or exchange.
post #25 of 202
First, take a look on the bottom of the amp at the little tag. There should be a date as well as another number. The other number will be either four or six digits long. If it's six digits, there is probably an '06' for the last two digits. If so, that would be the new module and there's no need to send it in for exchange. If you got the old module and purchased within the last 30 days it's perfectly fine to send your amp back for exchange.
post #26 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamey
First, take a look on the bottom of the amp at the little tag. There should be a date as well as another number. The other number will be either four or six digits long. If it's six digits, there is probably an '06' for the last two digits. If so, that would be the new module and there's no need to send it in for exchange. If you got the old module and purchased within the last 30 days it's perfectly fine to send your amp back for exchange.
Cheers Jamey, I just had a quick look, it a four digit number, and my amp was shipped on 24th Mar
post #27 of 202
Argh! Mine has four digits but it's very acceptable as it was ordered on February 4 so there were no possibilities. Now my questions are, can I order the new module, can I assemble it myself and how much is it going for? (Very little knowledge in electronics but I'm very careful when treating things and I have enough brain to follow simple instructions on a PDF or whatever you can give us)

Thanks in advance.
post #28 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleEs
Cheers Jamey, I just had a quick look, it a four digit number, and my amp was shipped on 24th Mar
Our return policy starts from the day you actually received your unit so you're pretty close. We usually aren't that strict. I would prefer you to have the newest module.

Send it to me quickly!
post #29 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleEs
Cheers Jamey, I just had a quick look, it a four digit number, and my amp was shipped on 24th Mar
I'd wager a calmly placed phone call might yield good results, there's a reason Headroom is known for having outstanding customer service. Try it.

Nate
post #30 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyamaiata
Argh! Mine has four digits but it's very acceptable as it was ordered on February 4 so there were no possibilities. Now my questions are, can I order the new module, can I assemble it myself and how much is it going for? (Very little knowledge in electronics but I'm very careful when treating things and I have enough brain to follow simple instructions on a PDF or whatever you can give us)

Thanks in advance.
The changing of the module is not something that can be done by the user unless you're a really advanced user. Even then we usually prefer to do it ourselves. The retro-fit upgrade price is $149.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked