- 91 Posts. Joined 7/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on 6/27/16 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What headphone/IEM should I get? Last post on 2/12/16 at 6:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones in ear or over ear Last post on 8/10/12 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM2, Westone UM3x or Westone 2 for Rock Last post on 8/11/12 at 5:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
UM56 Pictures?post #1 of 173/27/06 at 7:26pmThread StarterDoes anyone have pics of their UM56 on their IEMs? I'm looking for pics that show them both being used and just a display. Thanks
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 173/28/06 at 2:42amThread Starterpost #3 of 173/28/06 at 3:39amThe problem is when they're being used, you really can't see them. They're in your ear. You can only see the UM2s/whatever other IEM you're using. I think that the picture on Westone's website is pretty much what they look like in real life. Of course everyone's will look different due to differences in the ear canal.
While I'd love to provide pictures, I don't have a camera. They're about as big as the UM2s if that would give you a perspective of size.post #4 of 173/28/06 at 1:21pmpost #5 of 173/28/06 at 7:57pmpost #6 of 173/29/06 at 12:16amThread StarterThanks but I've seen the ones on the westone site and I saw the ones on the E4s that were posted sometime before on this site. I was hoping to see a pair of black ones so I can determine if they are a clear black or an opaque black....post #7 of 173/29/06 at 1:44ampost #8 of 173/29/06 at 4:59amIs it possible to get a color-mixed pair? Examples: marble blue for the left earmold, marble red for the right; clear for left, marble orange for right; black for left, safety orange for right.post #9 of 173/29/06 at 12:18pmpost #10 of 173/29/06 at 8:59pmAnd they do it mighty well too! My UM56 were, lime green and white swirled for left ear, hot pink and white swirl for right ear. Then my ES2 were translucent blue with glitter for left ear, translucent hot pink with glitter for right ear.
Sadly I have neither of these gems anymore but they were very nice to look at!post #11 of 173/29/06 at 11:39pmThread Starterpost #12 of 173/29/06 at 11:51pmpost #13 of 173/30/06 at 7:34amQuote:Originally Posted by dvallereAnd they do it mighty well too! My UM56 were, lime green and white swirled for left ear, hot pink and white swirl for right ear. Then my ES2 were translucent blue with glitter for left ear, translucent hot pink with glitter for right ear.
Sadly I have neither of these gems anymore but they were very nice to look at!post #14 of 173/23/11 at 8:08ampost #15 of 174/26/11 at 12:04am
I have bought my UM56s from Variphone Belgium, but I can't put them in place,(in my ears I mean),together with the UM3Xs.If I try to put the UM56s alone,in my ears,it is possible,albeit with some difficulty,but if I try to put the system UM3X-UM56,it is not possible.
So,I have to have my girlfriend standby,to put the earphones in the UM56s,after I have inserted the UM56s,in my ears,which is ridiculous.
Some help please?
- UM56 Pictures?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 13 seconds ago
- › Hottest Sonic Electronix deals and promotions. 43 seconds ago
- › Ocharaku Flat4-Sakura Plus (音茶楽 Flat4-緋櫻Plus) 1 minute ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday -... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...