Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Anyone got an AudioLineOut line-out?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone got an AudioLineOut line-out? - Page 7

post #91 of 216

Silver Six Shooter

I ordered the new Silver Six-Shooter from ALO today and will be getting it soon along with a clear total airhead! I will post impressions as soon as I recieve it. Anyone else have a sixshooter?
post #92 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by hYdrociTy
Silver Six-Shooter
What size bullets does that thing take?

post #93 of 216
320kbps
post #94 of 216

Small correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Medeski
I just bought a Qables on sale for $20.....

Its the one with the straight neutrik connector... so pretty much top quality.....
There were no cables on sale with neutrik, I do not use that connector for sale (as of yet). The topline is finished with Switchcrafts, which for me is the quality/price/performance best choice and as the cheaper alternative I use the PHX titan which in price/performance I find the same as the neutrik but the construction (specially the strain relief) is more study. Cables D and E were with PHX's all the rest were switchcrafts.

Rgds Hans.
post #95 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by hYdrociTy
I ordered the new Silver Six-Shooter from ALO today and will be getting it soon along with a clear total airhead! I will post impressions as soon as I recieve it. Anyone else have a sixshooter?
Wow! That thing looks schweet! If it sound 1/2 as good as my Bling Bling you're in for a treat!

I guess I know what my next purchase will be!
post #96 of 216
Well, i sold my Bling dock because i was trying to get away from the ipod as source
But while checking the site out to find a link for the buyer to see the cable, i found the cyro dock
Then i found this thread..
Well u know the rest of the story, sold the silver dock for $30, added $63.50 for the cyro
Pretty risky, i'm going on holidays in 2 weeks and i'm doing the same thing with my supermini (sold the III and added a bit for a used IV), both shipping from the US to australia
*crossed fingers*
They'll get here on time.. they'll get here on time
Holidays straight from headphone output jack
I'm excited though, if they're anywhere as good as you guys said, i'll be a happy chappy
post #97 of 216
really looking forward to the impressions of the six shooter, i've been eyeing it for a couple of days. btw first post, lurker for about 2weeks
post #98 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by renton
really looking forward to the impressions of the six shooter, i've been eyeing it for a couple of days. btw first post, lurker for about 2weeks

Mine is OTW right now, I'll be sure to post impressions.
post #99 of 216
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6
Mine is OTW right now, I'll be sure to post impressions.
I hope its more than a "studier" bling-bling dock. It sure looks super-bling
post #100 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkpowder
I hope its more than a "studier" bling-bling dock. It sure looks super-bling
Well from what i can tell the bling has three conductors while the six has...six
I wonder if that is the only difference, besides that dashy looking translucent icewrap. Man this thing would so complement my total airhead clear...clearness dr00l
post #101 of 216

line out

Been using the silver bling, bling for a few weeks now and the more I use it, the more I like it. At first it seemed just a tad bright, but after some burn in time ( something I didn't believe in before ), it is sounding quite nice. The improvement over my ipod headphone out is amazing, even to my old ears!!!
btbill ( new guy )
post #102 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by hYdrociTy
Well from what i can tell the bling has three conductors while the six has...six
I wonder if that is the only difference, besides that dashy looking translucent icewrap. Man this thing would so complement my total airhead clear...clearness dr00l
Don't forget the heavy duty Switchcraft mini-plug.

From the BOM it seems like it should be sturdier than the Bling Bling with all the sonic goodness of the Bling Bling. The proof will be in the hearing.

Which BTW I've not yet felt like the Bling Bling was flimsy in any way. It's just that I plan on traveling with my rig, if I can avoid breakage I consider it money well spent.
post #103 of 216

I have a Silver Six-Shooter

Yo,

I bought one of the Silver Six-Shooter (*In fact, I named it for him)prototypes almost a month ago from Ken at ALO. It's incredible (at least to my ears). Not harsh or unusually bright. The sound is big and true with a grand soundstage - and it's improving the longer I burn it in. Hearing things I never heard in recordings, even through a respectable home system.

I use it with my 5g iPod through a PA2V2 into either Senn HD595s or PX100s. It's my first L.O. cable, but I have no complaints. The build quality is exceptional and it seems the six cables (vs. three on the bling) is going to mean a more durable cable. My money was well-spent.
post #104 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by btbill
. . . after some burn in time (something I didn't believe in before), it is sounding quite nice. . . .
As a semi-born-again Cablingian, I ken your cautiously phrased amazement. I've refrained from saying more because I haven't inserted myself far enough into my dock as yet to grasp the subtleties of the pleasures it affords (all aurally shrieking, of corpse -- let's try to keep our mimes out of the stutter).
post #105 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrypt
As a semi-born-again Cablingian, I ken your cautiously phrased amazement. I've refrained from saying more because I haven't inserted myself far enough into my dock as yet to grasp the subtleties of the pleasures it affords (all aurally shrieking, of corpse -- let's try to keep our mimes out of the stutter).
I almsot understand what your saying.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves...etc, ect.

But I'm not sure just how much I'll ever be able to detect the kinds of differences burning-in brings with respect to my ALO, since I am listening to my iPod with mp3 files.

Granted, they are rather nicely encoded mp3's (VBR highest quality), but mp3's nonetheless.

My Bling Bling sounded great from the start. It has about 100 hours on it right now, still sounds great. It doesn't sound different that it's first few seconds. I don't believe that indicates that it doesn't burn-in, I believe it is just very difficult to detect such subtle changes with this source material.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Anyone got an AudioLineOut line-out?