Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Anyone got an AudioLineOut line-out?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone got an AudioLineOut line-out? - Page 9

post #121 of 216
wow now thats what i call customer support!

Yea when I saw the beauty of this thing I naturally have then tendency to treat it like a baby! Yea btw it is in no way light duty, and no my extrememly excited/rushed photography definately does not do it justice. I think Im gonna spend the rest of the night trying to get good photos of this...

Wouldnt it be cool if ALO made sennheiser or akg (k240) cables with his artistic braided silver cables...hint hint. I would be the first to buy!
post #122 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrypt
Which reminds me -- we'd better return to our topic, don't you think?
Positive-ly - tho' I pretty much stated what I oughta in most terse terms.

Cotton Dock is happily my portable cable of neutral reference, and Cryo Dock beckons to serve tortuous travel duty.
post #123 of 216
just got the cryo mini to mini last night, the cable is thinner than i thought. anyways, what is the burn in time for copper wires?? 100 hours?

i must say that ALO's narrative holds true and that the cryo sounds very very close to the cotton dock. i have both now and did some comparisons between the 5G ipod and cotton dock vs. iMod ipod and cryo mini, and i have to say that the latter wins out. but of course, this isn't due to the cables, but the ipods itself. overall i am extremely impressed with the cryo. i'm a happy camper!
post #124 of 216
i just saw this on the ALO website:

http://www.audiolineout.com/myrig/myrig.html

ken is introducing a 6 wired cotton dock! my mouth dropped to the floor when i saw that!! also, a cryo treated recabled HF-1!!! and to top it off, the F-12 canare plug is cryo treated too... man things are looking good for us! (for ken too)... kwkarth, have you tried them out yet??
post #125 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluren
i just saw this on the ALO website:

http://www.audiolineout.com/myrig/myrig.html

ken is introducing a 6 wired cotton dock! my mouth dropped to the floor when i saw that!! also, a cryo treated recabled HF-1!!! and to top it off, the F-12 canare plug is cryo treated too... man things are looking good for us! (for ken too)... kwkarth, have you tried them out yet??
Nope, not yet. I just became aware of them yesterday. They're on my radar though! Those woodied & recabled Grados look pretty sweet too, no?

Congrats on the iMod & cryo, BTW!
post #126 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkarth
Nope, not yet. I just became aware of them yesterday. They're on my radar though! Those woodied & recabled Grados look pretty sweet too, no?

Congrats on the iMod & cryo, BTW!
thx! man you were right, the cryo is surprisingly similar to the cotton! the sound is much more airy than before. what an experience! it even makes my shure e3c's sound good! i was studying at starbucks tonight and barely got any studying done! instead, i was just trying out the cryo! i must say though, during the first hour, the cryo did gave me a slight headache. maybe i wasn't used to the airy presentation (had the same experience with the cotton in the very very beginning). so i left it running while at work today and after playing for 10 hours, my headache's gone.

please give us some impressions once you try out those cryo grado's!! i hope ken will recable more than just grado's!! would love to send in my DT880 for recabling!
post #127 of 216
Oooooo, I think I might want that Jumbo Dock... looks like it has the skin of a king snake or something

Ken - let me know when you are ready to recable my PS-1's
post #128 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluren
i just saw this on the ALO website:

http://www.audiolineout.com/myrig/myrig.html

ken is introducing a 6 wired cotton dock! my mouth dropped to the floor when i saw that!! also, a cryo treated recabled HF-1!!! and to top it off, the F-12 canare plug is cryo treated too... man things are looking good for us! (for ken too)... kwkarth, have you tried them out yet??
pretty cool...maybe when i start listening to my hf-1 a bit more i will try a recable. been listening more via my laptop rig while on-the-go so i'm not using my good headphones...k81dj and er6i getting a lot of love these days.

so i'm getting one of those new nanos that will be announced tomorrow (hope my prognostication skeels do not betray me) and need a dock/cable. which of ALO's offerings will mate best with the nano and the supermini IV? note that both are pretty tiny and the cotton looks a bit too big...also, if the solid cables aren't supposed to be bent to extreme angles, would a nano/supermini combo on top one another be too much bend for the cables?
post #129 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by kugino
pretty cool...maybe when i start listening to my hf-1 a bit more i will try a recable. been listening more via my laptop rig while on-the-go so i'm not using my good headphones...k81dj and er6i getting a lot of love these days.

so i'm getting one of those new nanos that will be announced tomorrow (hope my prognostication skeels do not betray me) and need a dock/cable. which of ALO's offerings will mate best with the nano and the supermini IV? note that both are pretty tiny and the cotton looks a bit too big...also, if the solid cables aren't supposed to be bent to extreme angles, would a nano/supermini combo on top one another be too much bend for the cables?
if you think the cotton is too big, id go with the silk, but the best would be the cryo, and its more flexible too, and if you think it will bend too much, get it shortened, he would gladly make it shorter for you, but the standard length should be quite fine.

good luck.

JJZ.
post #130 of 216
well, i ordered a six-shooter...my only concern was its durability since i'll be bending it quite extremely with my very-thin portable setup of the new nano->supermini IV. ken assured me that it should be robust enough...

now, my question for you guys is whether i should upgrade it to the cryodock...hmmmm....
post #131 of 216
thinking of upgrading already?? well i think either cable would work great. so far i've used the cotton and cryo dock from ken. its really hard to tell the difference (me personally), but compare those 2 cables to a generic cable, they make all the difference!! i'm loving the cryo dock right now! would definitely go well with your nano/supermini on the go since it is very durable.
post #132 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluren
thinking of upgrading already?? well i think either cable would work great. so far i've used the cotton and cryo dock from ken. its really hard to tell the difference (me personally), but compare those 2 cables to a generic cable, they make all the difference!! i'm loving the cryo dock right now! would definitely go well with your nano/supermini on the go since it is very durable.
i ended up sticking with the six-shooter...with my black nano and black supermini, the white cord will give it a nice contrast...i think the cable itself will be thicker than my nano and supermini combined

i'll see how portable the setup is when the cable arrives...i'm already thinking that i might return the six-shooter and ask ken to put on a right angle connector...might be easier. we'll see.
post #133 of 216
About a month ago, I had bought the base ALO (ultra thin copper, I think it's called)...but sadly, the connector broke or something. Luckily, I sent it back to Ken, and he replaced it free of charge....as well as an extremely pleasant surprise...... he included a Silk Dock that he had made too short, for free!!! To say the least, I was extremely grateful and impressed, not only with the level of commitment he has to his cables and the satisfaction of the customer, but also with the quality of the cable. The first couple of days I had it, I would just lie in bed and listen to my iPod endlessly, staring at my roof. I couldn't believe how transparent it was! I was totally and completely flabbergasted... I mean, that a simple cable like that was able to make a difference in my modest rig. Now, I'm not saying that everyone should go out and buy the most expensive model... I was impressed with the base model after having used a Cardas 6" HPI mini-to-mini between my iPod and PA2v2....the difference between not having one and having one is amazing... I would've never expected it. The difference between the Silk and the base model are less obvious, but still present. All I have to say is, thanks Ken, thanks for an amazing product! Switching from using the headphone out to the line out was the second best upgrade I ever did (after the ER 6i's, of course).

sebascrub
post #134 of 216
i'm just a bit weary of the durability of silver wire. i wonder if it will take the abuse of the rig bounced around in my messenger bag. i just couldn't splurge for the cyro dock right now. i'll probably get an ALO dock to RCA IC in the near future....

anyway, what's the best way of burning in the cable? do i leave it connected to the dock to play, or plug it into a different headphone jack, pump up some volume and let it run for X amount of hrs?
post #135 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by camille
i'm just a bit weary of the durability of silver wire. i wonder if it will take the abuse of the rig bounced around in my messenger bag.
Dunno about the cryo, but from what I hear, it's a lot more resistant than the Silk/Cotton Docks, and I can say from experience that I bent my Silk Dock into the right shape, haven't touched it since, and haven't had any problems. I take it with me to university every day, jousling in my shoulder bag with the rest of my books. My iPod and PA2v2 are held together by a rubber band... I may need a better way to join the two, heh.

But yeah, the cables are super durable, unless you go ape-sheet on them.

sebascrub
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Anyone got an AudioLineOut line-out?