Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Best sounding MP3-player
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best sounding MP3-player - Page 6

post #76 of 143
yes , after reading your positive review, I decided to do some more extensive searching about the monolith, especially when I read it has a good wolfson DAC (my CDP has one).

I'll have to save up money for the monolith, and I think I will buy better headphones, The mx500's are just very handy to take to school . And I'm already impressed with the sound they give

My father owns AKG headphones (don't know the model) . He told me it's a hybrid ( It has a membrane)

Well, thanks for the review , I listen to all sorts of music ( Indie rock to jazz). It's just that I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that sounds a bit flat to me.

PS: that buena vista social club album is very good for testing
post #77 of 143
I've found my Karma to sound a bit better than the ipods I've heard. However, I haven't heard the 5g or Shuffle which are supposedly a cut above the rest.
post #78 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangraman
Every Wolfson codec of late uses delta-sigma conversion. Monolith plays the numbers game in a way intended to mislead. Clearly, going by SgtE's post it succeeds. I hear no superiority of the 'delta sigma' with the MX7000


I note when reading posts that reviewers who have no ear tend to develop a pavlovian response to figures. Even worse is when the claimed figures actually have nothing to do with what you're actually getting out of the headphone out. A common occurence for example is the DAC SNR being quoted instead of a much lower headphone amp SNR. What you hear in this case wouldn't be the quoted SNR. A reviewer worth a damn IMO uses figures to check the manufacturer's claims... AFTER listening.


If you're going to base your assessment on figures and 'facts', at least get those right. Makes you look less of a fool.
Ha ha, I know, I was to hot to write something.. Checked it out later and just hoped no one would take notice...

But seriously, I think the Monolith has a wolfson chip as where ipod only have wolfson codecs. could be wrong, but I am usually right
post #79 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtE
Ha ha, I know, I was to hot to write something.. Checked it out later and just hoped no one would take notice...
It may also be better if you let those of us who have listened to both the Monolith and the 5G with "...better buds than mx-500 to make justice to the premium. A lot better." be the judge of it's quality.
post #80 of 143
Does anyone know more mp3 players wich use the wolfson DAC with delta sigma besides monolith and qoolqee?

I'm only going to use the headphone out, I want the best SQ out of a 1 gig or a bit more DAP.

Thanks...
post #81 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbintoro
Anyone heard of samsung J70. It appears to be better than Ipod and Creative. Here's the link


http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=172469
357$ US + shipping + taxes + duties? Keep dreaming...
post #82 of 143
why keep dreaming?? lol

I am searching for more information on J70. If it does prove that the SQ is way better then Ipod(which Im sure it will) and also the ZVM.. I will certainly buy it regardless of its price. We are talking about sound quality player here....

Nowadays people are seeing more of its features/ specifications and designs of the mp3 players rather than its sound quality. Well, its up to their needs, but for me, sound quality is my main concern.
post #83 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert1325
Does anyone know more mp3 players wich use the wolfson DAC with delta sigma besides monolith and qoolqee?

I'm only going to use the headphone out, I want the best SQ out of a 1 gig or a bit more DAP.

Thanks...

Yes. EVERY player which uses a Wolfson codec. Including the iPod Nano.
post #84 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangraman
It may also be better if you let those of us who have listened to both the Monolith and the 5G with "...better buds than mx-500 to make justice to the premium. A lot better." be the judge of it's quality.
Oh, you mean someone like me!

Seriously guys, why do you take all this personal?? I am having a laugh at you because you do
post #85 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangraman
Yes. EVERY player which uses a Wolfson codec. Including the iPod Nano.
That is not correct, the upcoming Meizu HDD-player (for instance), have a philips dac but wolfson codecs...
post #86 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtE
Oh, you mean someone like me!

Seriously guys, why do you take all this personal?? I am having a laugh at you because you do

No, we don't take it personally. We just don't like people who spout BS.
post #87 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangraman
No, we don't take it personally. We just don't like people who spout BS.
"We", is that all ipod-fanboys or what? I can sure hold my head up high without your/their blessing!
post #88 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbintoro
I am searching for more information on J70. If it does prove that the SQ is way better then Ipod(which Im sure it will) and also the ZVM.. I will certainly buy it regardless of its price. We are talking about sound quality player here....
So you have never heard it, but you're sure it will be better than the iPod, so you're searching for info to prove that prejudgement.

Utter BS.
post #89 of 143
Thread Starter 
Very kind answers you guys come up with

dbintoro - I have no info on that player, so I can't help you. But it will surely beat the ipod, which wouldn't?
post #90 of 143
I can see you're going to get along well with the people of this forum (or not)...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Best sounding MP3-player