- 80 Posts. Joined 4/2010
- Location: Vietnam
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 3/17/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 6/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- HD25,600,650 cable difference? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debunking Amp Myths for the AVERAGE headphone listener... What headphones really need amps??? Last post on 4/22/13 at 2:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best sounding cans with amazing bass? Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
hd25-1 impressions thread - Page 193post #2881 of 289410/24/16 at 11:30amI have done a small modification for my beloved hd25. This mod helps to bring more micro details but also sibilance. I have to use copper cable and the original foam to soften the sound. The main aim of this mod is to reduce layers of filter between the driver and my ear. I am feeling much happy now .
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2882 of 289411/10/16 at 6:26pmpost #2883 of 289411/14/16 at 10:07am
I just got used old HD25 which were still made in Germany.
I am sure it was already discussed here, I also searched for it already but couldn't find anything.
What are the major differences between the old model to the "made in Ireland" one?
Very first impression?
Sounds quite bright on an unused way to me.
Bass and lower mids are quite goog though!
I am used to open headphones mostly.post #2884 of 289412/5/16 at 10:30ampost #2885 of 289412/5/16 at 5:47pmpost #2886 of 289412/5/16 at 10:53pmpost #2887 of 289412/5/16 at 11:30pmpost #2888 of 28941/24/17 at 1:56ampost #2889 of 28941/29/17 at 9:30pm
did you guys notice that the straight replacement cable is now 21 usd? the right angles still over 50, is there really any other reason than it being angles to justify the 30 dollars difference?post #2890 of 28941/29/17 at 9:41pmpost #2891 of 28941/29/17 at 9:44pm
finally, I have always thought paying 50 dollars for that cable was way too much, quarter of the MSRP was way too high imo.post #2892 of 28943/8/17 at 12:37amWOW - I'd forgotten how good these are.
Over the last year or so these have been languishing on my HP shelf in my office, being ignored for other flavour of the month headphones and IEMs (Audeze, Beyer, RHA, AKG)
At first listen they had a slight rattle with bass tones in the right earcup, so I stripped it down and cleared out all the crap that had got into the driver (there was quite a lot - god knows where it came from) - try doing that with modern HPs. Thereafter the sound was good again. However by good again I mean they sounded fantastic - they have an extremely musical presentation with plenty of detail.
These are going back in my bag.post #2893 of 28943/24/17 at 9:41pm
I have not read this entire thread, I've jumped around a bit. Hopefully I am not bringing up something already posted. One option for cable replacement is whatever fits the HD580/600/650/6XX. Here is a good video on doing that replacement. Tyll starts on this at 2:35.
I was planning on doing this and using the stock HD650 cable. After I got the HD6XX, I decided to do this using the cable that came with the HD6XX and use the HD650 cable with the HD6XX.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1 impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 49 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Spiral Ears SE5 Ultimate Discussion/ Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Beat Audio Supernova silver cable - 2-pin / 3.5mm TRRS termination 3 minutes ago
- › Refurbished (2017) Aurisonics Gold 2.5 3 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 4 minutes ago
- › High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and... 5 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 5 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear