Funny how the HD25 has the cable goes that side. Must have something to do with the ones with a microphone....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 3/17/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 6/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- HD25,600,650 cable difference? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debunking Amp Myths for the AVERAGE headphone listener... What headphones really need amps??? Last post on 4/22/13 at 2:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best sounding cans with amazing bass? Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
hd25-1 impressions thread - Page 171post #2551 of 25534/15/15 at 4:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2552 of 25534/15/15 at 5:37amQuote:
Not really when you consider the the design hails from the late 80's. At the time the vast majority of HPs were double entry and there was no standard for single entry headphones.
I still chuckle at the amount of people I see wearing them the wrong way round.
Oh by the way I had to replace the cable on mine after only 2 years of use - it was failing at the socket end. I went with a straight plug this time as I find it more convenient.post #2553 of 25534/15/15 at 8:06am
Its quite amazing actually the power of placebo.
Considering I hadn't used my Sennheiser HD25 for some weeks with the cable stripped off while waiting a new one, I'd forgotten all about the side it ran down. Of course, today's standards I had pictured the left side and this new cable having no colour coded connectors gained a small amount of trickery.
When the new cable arrived I was a little surprised thinking the Hong Kong seller had wired it backwards for fitting. Even to the point when attaching the cable It didn't feel right to me (keeping in mind my mental thought of it running down the left).
I even felt like I was wearing the HD25 backward and questioning the comfort levels thinking they'd been broken in the correct way for so long.. I thought, oh well, its cheap, its no big deal, have the cable running down the opposite side. I even explained to a friend about the situation, again reassuring myself it wasn't a bad thing.
Soon as Max posted this:
I checked on google images saw how it was fitted and all those thoughts previously disappeared completely.
The feeling of wearing them in reverse are gone and my HD25 feel 'properly' setup now.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1 impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 13 seconds ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 35 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 36 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › XLR cables - kind request of recommendation. 2 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › HRT DSP / iDSP 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2