I've always been curious about the Grados now that I like the Sennheiser HD25's so much. Can you give me more description about the similarities/differences of Grados225 vs HD25 I-II?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 3/17/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 6/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- HD25,600,650 cable difference? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debunking Amp Myths for the AVERAGE headphone listener... What headphones really need amps??? Last post on 4/22/13 at 2:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best sounding cans with amazing bass? Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 8/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
hd25-1 impressions thread - Page 143
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2132 of 26056/29/13 at 9:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Max
Reposition the springs that make the connection between the voice coil wires and cable pins.
After carefully removing the baffle with a very small flat-head screwdriver or Xacto knife, move the voice coil leads to the sides a bit and pull that white piece out to gain access to the springs or just press down on the springs' long end sticking out beyond that plastic in the photo to reseat them.
Thank you MAD MAX!! THANK YOU!!
I finally got the courage (and time) to fix this problem. It feels so good to do something myself... wow, I can now understand why so many people are into DIY stuff. Doing this ONE little fix has made me feel so euphoric!! lol
I just made a video showing how I reset the springs using tweezer.... http://youtu.be/WRXYgfIkX18
Edited by LAmitchell - 6/29/13 at 10:54ampost #2133 of 26057/6/13 at 5:12pm
After being led to this post by Google, I'm curious about how the sound will change by adding some of my Akasa Paxmate Plus open-cell acoustic foam in the cups. It will passify the sound and impact for sure, and who knows what else.Quote:
Both have aggressive sound attack, SR225 more than HD25. Both offer up-front sountstage, SR225 more than HD25 at that as well. Everything else is quite different, you should spend time with one if you can. I'm sure you're read about Grados around here and noticed the polarized reactions to them.post #2134 of 26057/15/13 at 3:53pm
I received a little package today, and it was my cable order from Brian @ BTG Audio...
Brain refers to it as his "midnight series SPC" Its a 4 strand SPC cable (I wanted 8 strand but it wouldn't fit in the headband channel) with a mini-4 pin XLR end. I then had 4 end pieces made for different sources/amps. The end in the picture is the RSA end for my CLAS db/Rx Mk3 combo.
I was trying to tell myself not to expect too much, but wow! The HD25s always had fun bass, but the mids tend to suffer for it. Not anymore. Instrument definition and separation have increased dramatically. The first song I listened to was Stevie Wonder's "Superstition", and I always had a hard time picking up the electric guitar playing rhythm support. Stevie's electric piano/organ from the 70's always seemed to overwhelm the guitar. I heard them both perfectly, with precision.
Just an awesome change...post #2135 of 26057/17/13 at 4:26ampost #2136 of 26057/17/13 at 9:39ampost #2137 of 26057/17/13 at 4:12pmpost #2138 of 26057/22/13 at 8:19pm
saw this ad on Qobuz and it reminded me how GOOD the HD25's (and Amperior) look... I love the style... no nonsense, cool, iconic. It makes beats type headphones look like silly little toys. (no offense meant at beats. its just what i think of when i see people wearing them).post #2139 of 26057/23/13 at 8:02ampost #2140 of 26057/23/13 at 9:21amQuote:
I use one of these Zomo Scratch-Bags...post #2141 of 26057/24/13 at 7:02amJust joined the H25 club a week ago...these are possibly my favorite closed cans to date. Love my DT770 LEs but the HD25 have new toy syndrome for me at the moment. They remind me a bit of the TF10 which is good, although they are noticeably more neutral...and thankfully more durable. I have no qualms chucking these bad boys into my bike bag, just wrap the cable and go; I did the same with my PX100 for a while but I bought a case for them recently because I don't see them enduring such treatment in the long run. The HD25, on the other hand, make me feel no fear.post #2142 of 26057/30/13 at 5:01ampost #2143 of 26057/30/13 at 9:40ampost #2144 of 26057/30/13 at 10:53am
It couldn't hurt to reach out to the owner of Razordog Audio. He's a member here (but I can't think of his user name), and he tends to be generous to Head-Fiers. That's where I got mine from, several years ago...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1 impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 47 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [AUS] **PRICE DROP** Gustard H10 & Matrix M-Stage 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS! 5 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2