I've always been curious about the Grados now that I like the Sennheiser HD25's so much. Can you give me more description about the similarities/differences of Grados225 vs HD25 I-II?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 3/17/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 6/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- HD25,600,650 cable difference? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debunking Amp Myths for the AVERAGE headphone listener... What headphones really need amps??? Last post on 4/22/13 at 2:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best sounding cans with amazing bass? Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
With the revolve Kingston stepped away from the great design of the original Clouds and decided to go in a new (more gamey) design direction. According to my source at Kingston one of the goals was...
hd25-1 impressions thread - Page 143
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2132 of 28836/29/13 at 9:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Max
Reposition the springs that make the connection between the voice coil wires and cable pins.
After carefully removing the baffle with a very small flat-head screwdriver or Xacto knife, move the voice coil leads to the sides a bit and pull that white piece out to gain access to the springs or just press down on the springs' long end sticking out beyond that plastic in the photo to reseat them.
Thank you MAD MAX!! THANK YOU!!
I finally got the courage (and time) to fix this problem. It feels so good to do something myself... wow, I can now understand why so many people are into DIY stuff. Doing this ONE little fix has made me feel so euphoric!! lol
I just made a video showing how I reset the springs using tweezer.... http://youtu.be/WRXYgfIkX18
Edited by LAmitchell - 6/29/13 at 10:54ampost #2133 of 28837/6/13 at 5:12pm
After being led to this post by Google, I'm curious about how the sound will change by adding some of my Akasa Paxmate Plus open-cell acoustic foam in the cups. It will passify the sound and impact for sure, and who knows what else.Quote:
Both have aggressive sound attack, SR225 more than HD25. Both offer up-front sountstage, SR225 more than HD25 at that as well. Everything else is quite different, you should spend time with one if you can. I'm sure you're read about Grados around here and noticed the polarized reactions to them.post #2134 of 28837/15/13 at 3:53pm
I received a little package today, and it was my cable order from Brian @ BTG Audio...
Brain refers to it as his "midnight series SPC" Its a 4 strand SPC cable (I wanted 8 strand but it wouldn't fit in the headband channel) with a mini-4 pin XLR end. I then had 4 end pieces made for different sources/amps. The end in the picture is the RSA end for my CLAS db/Rx Mk3 combo.
I was trying to tell myself not to expect too much, but wow! The HD25s always had fun bass, but the mids tend to suffer for it. Not anymore. Instrument definition and separation have increased dramatically. The first song I listened to was Stevie Wonder's "Superstition", and I always had a hard time picking up the electric guitar playing rhythm support. Stevie's electric piano/organ from the 70's always seemed to overwhelm the guitar. I heard them both perfectly, with precision.
Just an awesome change...post #2135 of 28837/17/13 at 4:26ampost #2136 of 28837/17/13 at 9:39ampost #2137 of 28837/17/13 at 4:12pmpost #2138 of 28837/22/13 at 8:19pm
saw this ad on Qobuz and it reminded me how GOOD the HD25's (and Amperior) look... I love the style... no nonsense, cool, iconic. It makes beats type headphones look like silly little toys. (no offense meant at beats. its just what i think of when i see people wearing them).post #2139 of 28837/23/13 at 8:02ampost #2140 of 28837/23/13 at 9:21amQuote:
I use one of these Zomo Scratch-Bags...post #2141 of 28837/24/13 at 7:02amJust joined the H25 club a week ago...these are possibly my favorite closed cans to date. Love my DT770 LEs but the HD25 have new toy syndrome for me at the moment. They remind me a bit of the TF10 which is good, although they are noticeably more neutral...and thankfully more durable. I have no qualms chucking these bad boys into my bike bag, just wrap the cable and go; I did the same with my PX100 for a while but I bought a case for them recently because I don't see them enduring such treatment in the long run. The HD25, on the other hand, make me feel no fear.post #2142 of 28837/30/13 at 5:01ampost #2143 of 28837/30/13 at 9:40ampost #2144 of 28837/30/13 at 10:53am
It couldn't hurt to reach out to the owner of Razordog Audio. He's a member here (but I can't think of his user name), and he tends to be generous to Head-Fiers. That's where I got mine from, several years ago...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1 impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 12 seconds ago
- › FS: Metrum Pavane NOS R2R DAC 13 seconds ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 16 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 5 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 5 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › I need a headphone suggestion 8 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 8 minutes ago
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Siren Series Michelle by MrOTL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear