I myself am really happy with the pleather pads. They get really soft after you use them for a while and I think I prefer them over the velour pads. Honestly, the velour were just too much of a hassle with my hair, however short it may be, being in them every time I removed them. The pleather have this nice cushion to them now. Kind of like how your couch has that soft spot that you always sit in .
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 3/17/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 6/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- HD25,600,650 cable difference? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debunking Amp Myths for the AVERAGE headphone listener... What headphones really need amps??? Last post on 4/22/13 at 2:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best sounding cans with amazing bass? Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 8/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
First thing you're going to notice with these cans is, of course, the bass. When properly amp'd, these things almost pop off your head. I haven't heard the JVC sz2000 or the Sony XB1000, but these...
Axgio Sprint Bluetooth Headset Disclaimer: The Axgio Sprint headset reviewed here was supplied free of charge I’ve never heard of Axgio, much less their Sprint Bluetooth headset. A quick...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz S3. The Brainwavz S3 is available from...
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
hd25-1 impressions thread - Page 122
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1817 of 26102/22/12 at 7:25pmpost #1818 of 26102/23/12 at 1:55amI'm looking for a high quality portable can for my OTG setup. I listen mostly to classical and jazz. Does anyone know if the iBasso P4 will drive the HD 25-13s? Source will be an iPod Classic via LOD.post #1819 of 26102/23/12 at 2:19amQuote:
I have both the HD25 and Beyer DT1350, for classical and jazz I prefer the DT1350.post #1820 of 26102/23/12 at 2:38ampost #1821 of 26102/23/12 at 2:40amQuote:
Then the HD25 is a good choice but the 600 ohm version will be a little to much for a direct connection to the iPod I think.post #1822 of 26102/23/12 at 8:04am
Which is why he asked about that portable amp and not the ipod. I think it was ljokerl or some other head-fier who remarked that the 600-ohm HD25-13 isn't that insensitive. I would be surprised if the P4 of all amps couldn't power it sufficiently.post #1823 of 26102/23/12 at 11:50pmpost #1824 of 26102/24/12 at 7:25ampost #1825 of 26102/24/12 at 9:47ampost #1826 of 26102/25/12 at 3:23pm
As much as I love the HD25's, since I got my M80's, they are the over ear cans I turn to. I have a love/hate relationship with the two and one of them has to go.. I spend way too much time comparing them but when I just want to listen and enjoy, it's the M-80's I go for. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the HD25's, just going to sell them off to help fund a Lyr for my HD650's.post #1827 of 26103/11/12 at 4:28amQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
As much as I love the HD25's, since I got my M80's, they are the over ear cans I turn to. I have a love/hate relationship with the two and one of them has to go.. I spend way too much time comparing them but when I just want to listen and enjoy, it's the M-80's I go for. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the HD25's, just going to sell them off to help fund a Lyr for my HD650's.
You have me intrigued about the M80s. I have found real synergy with the Graham Slee voyager portable amp with a DIY cable/LOD to a 6g ipod. So much so that I don't think my desktops amps sound as good with the HD25s !!
One point on using an SP headband - totally get it, plus the option to rotate helps get the optimum position :-).
I did find though that the ratchets on the hd25-1 housing did get damaged over time so for me it was a one-way trip...
PS re: why not IEM? For me vs. IE8, SE530,TF10 and Denon 751s, I would always choose to listen to the HD25s for SQ unless on a very noisy airplane or parts of the London underground. Everywhere else, the HD25 isolation (pleather/split headband) does pretty good job. I think I'm not keen on BA driver signature and I like the IE8s but they don't satisfy as much (even though they do have some technical advantages incl. separation).
Edited by jamescodway - 3/11/12 at 4:36ampost #1828 of 26103/11/12 at 7:14am
Me too.. can't go back to the original headband as they do not stay.
Actually, the Etymotic HF-3 are my goto IEM's for public transit. I take the train into work everyday.
Quote:post #1829 of 26104/2/12 at 8:41amI have recently purchased a pair of HD25-1 IIs for use with an iPod Claasic 160GB and an iBasso P4. Whilst it initially sounded excellent, after about 60 or so hours of intensive burn-in, the sound has deteriorated, the bass becoming overpowering. Will this bass bloat go away again after further burn-in, or are the HD25s merely revealing their true nature (making tweaks elsewhere necessary)?post #1830 of 26104/2/12 at 11:33am
I wouldn't call them bass heavy but due to the nature of closed headphones they surely give you more bass quantity when compared to open backed designs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1 impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 2 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser 598, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium, or other? 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Used Schiit Wyrd in excellent condition 5 minutes ago
- › Companies that take advantage of audio enthusiasts 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Tyler Nicolo
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by shotgunshane
- › Brainwavz S3 by peter123
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2