I myself am really happy with the pleather pads. They get really soft after you use them for a while and I think I prefer them over the velour pads. Honestly, the velour were just too much of a hassle with my hair, however short it may be, being in them every time I removed them. The pleather have this nice cushion to them now. Kind of like how your couch has that soft spot that you always sit in .
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 3/17/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 6/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- HD25,600,650 cable difference? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debunking Amp Myths for the AVERAGE headphone listener... What headphones really need amps??? Last post on 4/22/13 at 2:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best sounding cans with amazing bass? Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 7/6/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
hd25-1 impressions thread - Page 122
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1817 of 25762/22/12 at 7:25pmpost #1818 of 25762/23/12 at 1:55amI'm looking for a high quality portable can for my OTG setup. I listen mostly to classical and jazz. Does anyone know if the iBasso P4 will drive the HD 25-13s? Source will be an iPod Classic via LOD.post #1819 of 25762/23/12 at 2:19amQuote:
I have both the HD25 and Beyer DT1350, for classical and jazz I prefer the DT1350.post #1820 of 25762/23/12 at 2:38ampost #1821 of 25762/23/12 at 2:40amQuote:
Then the HD25 is a good choice but the 600 ohm version will be a little to much for a direct connection to the iPod I think.post #1822 of 25762/23/12 at 8:04am
Which is why he asked about that portable amp and not the ipod. I think it was ljokerl or some other head-fier who remarked that the 600-ohm HD25-13 isn't that insensitive. I would be surprised if the P4 of all amps couldn't power it sufficiently.post #1823 of 25762/23/12 at 11:50pmpost #1824 of 25762/24/12 at 7:25ampost #1825 of 25762/24/12 at 9:47ampost #1826 of 25762/25/12 at 3:23pm
As much as I love the HD25's, since I got my M80's, they are the over ear cans I turn to. I have a love/hate relationship with the two and one of them has to go.. I spend way too much time comparing them but when I just want to listen and enjoy, it's the M-80's I go for. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the HD25's, just going to sell them off to help fund a Lyr for my HD650's.post #1827 of 25763/11/12 at 4:28amQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
As much as I love the HD25's, since I got my M80's, they are the over ear cans I turn to. I have a love/hate relationship with the two and one of them has to go.. I spend way too much time comparing them but when I just want to listen and enjoy, it's the M-80's I go for. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the HD25's, just going to sell them off to help fund a Lyr for my HD650's.
You have me intrigued about the M80s. I have found real synergy with the Graham Slee voyager portable amp with a DIY cable/LOD to a 6g ipod. So much so that I don't think my desktops amps sound as good with the HD25s !!
One point on using an SP headband - totally get it, plus the option to rotate helps get the optimum position :-).
I did find though that the ratchets on the hd25-1 housing did get damaged over time so for me it was a one-way trip...
PS re: why not IEM? For me vs. IE8, SE530,TF10 and Denon 751s, I would always choose to listen to the HD25s for SQ unless on a very noisy airplane or parts of the London underground. Everywhere else, the HD25 isolation (pleather/split headband) does pretty good job. I think I'm not keen on BA driver signature and I like the IE8s but they don't satisfy as much (even though they do have some technical advantages incl. separation).
Edited by jamescodway - 3/11/12 at 4:36ampost #1828 of 25763/11/12 at 7:14am
Me too.. can't go back to the original headband as they do not stay.
Actually, the Etymotic HF-3 are my goto IEM's for public transit. I take the train into work everyday.
Quote:post #1829 of 25764/2/12 at 8:41amI have recently purchased a pair of HD25-1 IIs for use with an iPod Claasic 160GB and an iBasso P4. Whilst it initially sounded excellent, after about 60 or so hours of intensive burn-in, the sound has deteriorated, the bass becoming overpowering. Will this bass bloat go away again after further burn-in, or are the HD25s merely revealing their true nature (making tweaks elsewhere necessary)?post #1830 of 25764/2/12 at 11:33am
I wouldn't call them bass heavy but due to the nature of closed headphones they surely give you more bass quantity when compared to open backed designs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1 impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 3 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 13 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 14 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 17 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3