I myself am really happy with the pleather pads. They get really soft after you use them for a while and I think I prefer them over the velour pads. Honestly, the velour were just too much of a hassle with my hair, however short it may be, being in them every time I removed them. The pleather have this nice cushion to them now. Kind of like how your couch has that soft spot that you always sit in .
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 3/17/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 6/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- HD25,600,650 cable difference? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debunking Amp Myths for the AVERAGE headphone listener... What headphones really need amps??? Last post on 4/22/13 at 2:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best sounding cans with amazing bass? Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
hd25-1 impressions thread - Page 122
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1817 of 28872/22/12 at 7:25pmpost #1818 of 28872/23/12 at 1:55amI'm looking for a high quality portable can for my OTG setup. I listen mostly to classical and jazz. Does anyone know if the iBasso P4 will drive the HD 25-13s? Source will be an iPod Classic via LOD.post #1819 of 28872/23/12 at 2:19amQuote:
I have both the HD25 and Beyer DT1350, for classical and jazz I prefer the DT1350.post #1820 of 28872/23/12 at 2:38ampost #1821 of 28872/23/12 at 2:40amQuote:
Then the HD25 is a good choice but the 600 ohm version will be a little to much for a direct connection to the iPod I think.post #1822 of 28872/23/12 at 8:04am
Which is why he asked about that portable amp and not the ipod. I think it was ljokerl or some other head-fier who remarked that the 600-ohm HD25-13 isn't that insensitive. I would be surprised if the P4 of all amps couldn't power it sufficiently.post #1823 of 28872/23/12 at 11:50pmpost #1824 of 28872/24/12 at 7:25ampost #1825 of 28872/24/12 at 9:47ampost #1826 of 28872/25/12 at 3:23pm
As much as I love the HD25's, since I got my M80's, they are the over ear cans I turn to. I have a love/hate relationship with the two and one of them has to go.. I spend way too much time comparing them but when I just want to listen and enjoy, it's the M-80's I go for. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the HD25's, just going to sell them off to help fund a Lyr for my HD650's.post #1827 of 28873/11/12 at 4:28amQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
As much as I love the HD25's, since I got my M80's, they are the over ear cans I turn to. I have a love/hate relationship with the two and one of them has to go.. I spend way too much time comparing them but when I just want to listen and enjoy, it's the M-80's I go for. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the HD25's, just going to sell them off to help fund a Lyr for my HD650's.
You have me intrigued about the M80s. I have found real synergy with the Graham Slee voyager portable amp with a DIY cable/LOD to a 6g ipod. So much so that I don't think my desktops amps sound as good with the HD25s !!
One point on using an SP headband - totally get it, plus the option to rotate helps get the optimum position :-).
I did find though that the ratchets on the hd25-1 housing did get damaged over time so for me it was a one-way trip...
PS re: why not IEM? For me vs. IE8, SE530,TF10 and Denon 751s, I would always choose to listen to the HD25s for SQ unless on a very noisy airplane or parts of the London underground. Everywhere else, the HD25 isolation (pleather/split headband) does pretty good job. I think I'm not keen on BA driver signature and I like the IE8s but they don't satisfy as much (even though they do have some technical advantages incl. separation).
Edited by jamescodway - 3/11/12 at 4:36ampost #1828 of 28873/11/12 at 7:14am
Me too.. can't go back to the original headband as they do not stay.
Actually, the Etymotic HF-3 are my goto IEM's for public transit. I take the train into work everyday.
Quote:post #1829 of 28874/2/12 at 8:41amI have recently purchased a pair of HD25-1 IIs for use with an iPod Claasic 160GB and an iBasso P4. Whilst it initially sounded excellent, after about 60 or so hours of intensive burn-in, the sound has deteriorated, the bass becoming overpowering. Will this bass bloat go away again after further burn-in, or are the HD25s merely revealing their true nature (making tweaks elsewhere necessary)?post #1830 of 28874/2/12 at 11:33am
I wouldn't call them bass heavy but due to the nature of closed headphones they surely give you more bass quantity when compared to open backed designs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1 impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 15 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Need a little help/suggestions on a full size desktop DAC/AMP 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 2 minutes ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Selling MDR-Z1R, shipped. Buyer pay shipping insurances and PP fees. 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs... 7 minutes ago
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear