New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

hd25-1 appreciation thread - Page 160

post #2386 of 2394

Thanks for reply, i cant find them :/ do you know exact model? http://www.neutrik.com/en/audio/plugs-and-jacks/plugs-and-jacks/plugs/
Fllip

post #2387 of 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipdee View Post

Hi at the photo are some black (seems like rubber/plastic) with white logo, Switchcraft 35HD are silver metal...

I use black Switchcrafts. They can be bought with black or chrome "silver" casings. They can also be found with wide cable entries (common), or narrow cable entries (not so common).


Quote:
Originally Posted by godbluff View Post

Don't the plugs going into headphone ever come loose with this reversed cup arrangement ? Also is any small (?) improvement in sound worth the inconvenience of having dual cable entry with vulnerable looking connections.

Even on my HD25s which have the standard single sided cable the right hand (red) plug sometimes works loose resulting in loss of sound. Its the only single thing that spoils these headphones for me. I wish I knew of a permanent cure for this.

Due to tolerances in the building process, it will depend on a headphone-to-headphone basis whether the plugs will come out easily or not. I haven't had significant problems there. Also, if you plug and unplug the cable a lot, I don't, then you may have to reseat the springs in the cups now and then. It's probably been explained a few times by now, search for "springs" in this thread.

Sennheiser really should do away with the radio/medical connectors that they use with HD25/6x0. Their system sucks, it would have been better to rely on good ol' TS/TRS instead, whether 3.5mm or 2.5mm. At least their newer designs are using 2.5mm TRS plugs.
post #2388 of 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipdee View Post
 

Thanks for reply, i cant find them :/ do you know exact model? http://www.neutrik.com/en/audio/plugs-and-jacks/plugs-and-jacks/plugs/
Fllip

I think it is here...

post #2389 of 2394
Thanks I'll probably have to have a look at the springs, Its not as if I remove the plug often, I've no reason to other than to re-seat it when it comes loose! You'd hope Sennheiser would come up with a better system if they were designing them now
post #2390 of 2394

Do like me guys.... XD dont unplug.... :P 

 

Now on another matter.... What benefit would i get if i added a fiio e11 to my hd25? I am thinking of buying one if that gets a bit more bass to my hd25's.... i was thinking of buying a amperior but i think i am going to save my money for something else since it may not be that different...

 

Maybe a 32 or 80 ohm dt770 in the future....

 

Tell me what you guys think of the fiio e11 + hd25 combo....

 

CHeers.... :)


Edited by Pedro Oliveira - 7/25/14 at 6:08am
post #2391 of 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post
 

Do like me guys.... XD dont unplug.... :P 

 

Now on another matter.... What benefit would i get if i added a fiio e11 to my hd25? I am thinking of buying one if that gets a bit more bass to my hd25's.... i was thinking of buying a amperior but i think i am going to save my money for something else since it may not be that different...

 

Maybe a dt770 in the future....

 

Tell me what you guys think of the fiio e11 + hd25 combo....

 

CHeers.... :)



I think you should consider C&C BH2 instead of E11, much cleaner sounding amp, better soundstage. Plus it runs for 80 - hours a charge and supports a cleaner bass boost which also increases mid-range clarity at the same time. 

Here's the thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

post #2392 of 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post



I think you should consider C&C BH2 instead of E11, much cleaner sounding amp, better soundstage. Plus it runs for 80 - hours a charge and supports a cleaner bass boost which also increases mid-range clarity at the same time. 


Here's the thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post



I think you should consider C&C BH2 instead of E11, much cleaner sounding amp, better soundstage. Plus it runs for 80 - hours a charge and supports a cleaner bass boost which also increases mid-range clarity at the same time. 


Here's the thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

The thing is... I can get the e11 for 20 euros... Good deal right? How much the c&c costs? But the results of the e11 are not good?
post #2393 of 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post


The thing is... I can get the e11 for 20 euros... Good deal right? How much the c&c costs? But the results of the e11 are not good?

Well for that price you can't go wrong. Sure, E11 will sound OK.
post #2394 of 2394
Cool. :-) i did not want to spend much. Í am paying 20 for the fiio plus 3 for shipping (indoors deal).
How will it affect the sound of my 25s? Í also have a pair of mdr v6s...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: