New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

hd25-1 appreciation thread - Page 146

post #2176 of 2443
Quote:
Originally Posted by xallarap View Post
 

What cables do you suggest? Was thinking of the custom cans or the oyaide cable as an upgrade.

 

I went with BTG Audio's "Midnight" series, but I'm willing to bet almost any cable upgrade will be greatly noticed in sound improvement:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/btg-audio-midnight-hd-25-cable/reviews/9603

 

I tend to thing the weak link in the HD25's chain, is the steel stock cable used...

 

http://btg-audio.com/webstore.htm#!/~/product/category=2609075&id=14054484

post #2177 of 2443

I'm considring these cans as a complement to my M-80s.

 

OT: BucketInABucket, I like your avatar. Rin was my 3rd favorite after Lily and Shizune. :D

post #2178 of 2443

My ears get sore when I wear them for some time so I really am considering selling them, especially with a NAD HP50 on the way.

 

OT: I actually have a real friend called lily, she's blonde too :p

 

However, she's full english, not half scottish half japanese, and her personality is very different!

 

When I saw Shizune's first h-scene I was like O_O

post #2179 of 2443

I keep flip flopping on a purchase. A big part of me says wait for an M-80 II.

 

OT: Gotta keep the KS luv going. I can get along very well with "controlling" women. I use control jiu jitsu. ;) Lily was my definite favorite, though.


Edited by H T T - 11/10/13 at 5:12am
post #2180 of 2443

I say yolo on a completely different headphone to the one you've been considering...after all that's what I did with the NAD HP50s and I hope my lack of common sense will turn out well :p

 

OT: I made a Katawa Shoujo thread over at video games discussion to facilitate pure KS talk. Lets go lets go!

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 70

post #2181 of 2443

Guys Help please!!! I am really thinking of buying a pair of hd25's or amperiors to join my momentums but there is one thing that is bugging me ans this is it...

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 86

The first image is from an ad here in Portugal and i am thinking of buying those. The second image is a random google picture...

 

As you guys can see both headbands are different and because of so i have only this question.... are the hd25's with only sennheiser writng on the headband fake??? 

 

Everytime i look on google or that i see someone with a pair of hd25's it always says made in ireland but i also have seen a couple of pair saying sennheiser only....

 

Can someone explain this to me please?

 

Thank u.... :)

post #2182 of 2443

hmm.. that's weird, looks like two headbands from the hd25 alu editions, why don't you email sennheiser with this enquiry? if they are authorized retailers I would not worry, still weird though.

post #2183 of 2443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post

Guys Help please!!! I am really thinking of buying a pair of hd25's or amperiors to join my momentums but there is one thing that is bugging me ans this is it...

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 86



The first image is from an ad here in Portugal and i am thinking of buying those. The second image is a random google picture...

As you guys can see both headbands are different and because of so i have only this question.... are the hd25's with only sennheiser writng on the headband fake??? 

Everytime i look on google or that i see someone with a pair of hd25's it always says made in ireland but i also have seen a couple of pair saying sennheiser only....

Can someone explain this to me please?

Thank u.... smily_headphones1.gif

I havê been watching a couple of YouTube videos... Is it me or the BASIC edition hd25s only havê sennheiser written on both headbands while the pro version(with the bag, And velourpads) has sennheiser anda maré in ireland?

Sound on both is exactly the same? If my perception is true this is lile getting a poor man hd25... :-) what i mean is if someone gets a pair of BASIC hd25s everyone will know that se are só broke or cheap that se did not want to spend the extra for the main version And the tell will be the lack of the made in ireland printing... :-)
post #2184 of 2443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post


I havê been watching a couple of YouTube videos... Is it me or the BASIC edition hd25s only havê sennheiser written on both headbands while the pro version(with the bag, And velourpads) has sennheiser anda maré in ireland?

Sound on both is exactly the same? If my perception is true this is lile getting a poor man hd25... :-) what i mean is if someone gets a pair of BASIC hd25s everyone will know that se are só broke or cheap that se did not want to spend the extra for the main version And the tell will be the lack of the made in ireland printing... :-)

nope, they are the same (sound wise), the difference is that they do not come with the carrying pouch and the extra velour pads.

post #2185 of 2443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juandv9307 View Post

nope, they are the same (sound wise), the difference is that they do not come with the carrying pouch and the extra velour pads.

And the made in ireland writting? :-)
post #2186 of 2443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post


And the made in ireland writting? :-)

maybe in the box like my amperiors.

post #2187 of 2443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juandv9307 View Post

maybe in the box like my amperiors.

Yes, bit whar i meant is that the BASIC edittion does not havê made in ireland on the headband like the other one with the bag And the velour pads has.

You havê the amperiors And the hd25s Juan? Do you thank it is worth the upgrade?
post #2188 of 2443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post


Yes, bit whar i meant is that the BASIC edittion does not havê made in ireland on the headband like the other one with the bag And the velour pads has.

You havê the amperiors And the hd25s Juan? Do you thank it is worth the upgrade?

I have the hd 25 adidas the amperior and the v moda m80, love them all, depends on what's better for you, amperior I find are less agressive, If you are going to use them with portable devices mostly I would go with the amperior as they have 18ohms and the hd 25 70ohms, I don't really know I love them all haha :) my opinion is that they are just different, when using them with my macbook pro (without an amp) and some loseless tracks, I prefer the hd25 they sound a little bit more detailed to my ears and a little bit more bass and a sometimes I little fatiguing/harsh, and thats the coplete opposite when using my cellphone or ipad, the amperior have more bass overall I do prefer my amperior to my hd25 for portable use, also they semm to have less clamping force and the earpads are very very comfortable aswell, the hd 25 I have to get use to them but they do create a bit of soreness after some time, not with the amperior though, also the mic comes very handy as I love taking calls with them.

I'm NOT an audiophile and everyone hears differently though, if you can give it a try that'd be very good.

post #2189 of 2443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juandv9307 View Post

I have the hd 25 adidas the amperior and the v moda m80, love them all, depends on what's better for you, amperior I find are less agressive, If you are going to use them with portable devices mostly I would go with the amperior as they have 18ohms and the hd 25 70ohms, I don't really know I love them all haha smily_headphones1.gif my opinion is that they are just different, when using them with my macbook pro (without an amp) and some loseless tracks, I prefer the hd25 they sound a little bit more detailed to my ears and a little bit more bass and a sometimes I little fatiguing/harsh, and thats the coplete opposite when using my cellphone or ipad, the amperior have more bass overall I do prefer my amperior to my hd25 for portable use, also they semm to have less clamping force and the earpads are very very comfortable aswell, the hd 25 I have to get use to them but they do create a bit of soreness after some time, not with the amperior though, also the mic comes very handy as I love taking calls with them.
I'm NOT an audiophile and everyone hears differently though, if you can give it a try that'd be very good.

I am going to use them on my iPod Rouch, my nexus 7 on my xperia Arc s And sometimes on my ASUS laptop. I have no amps of any sort. I already a pair of momentums but i wanted a pair of hd25 because they sem to be perfect for rock And edm.

I can get a pair of hd25s (no box And no recipt) for 80 euros And a pair of amperiors in mint condition, boxes, but Also with no recipt for 100 euros. I AM tempted to get the amperiors bit i AM a little affraid. The owner of the amperior is not from my country And he has no seller feedback here on head fi... :'(
post #2190 of 2443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post


I am going to use them on my iPod Rouch, my nexus 7 on my xperia Arc s And sometimes on my ASUS laptop. I have no amps of any sort. I already a pair of momentums but i wanted a pair of hd25 because they sem to be perfect for rock And edm.

I can get a pair of hd25s (no box And no recipt) for 80 euros And a pair of amperiors in mint condition, boxes, but Also with no recipt for 100 euros. I AM tempted to get the amperiors bit i AM a little affraid. The owner of the amperior is not from my country And he has no seller feedback here on head fi... :'(

damn, well thats your choice, I got them from best buy here in canada they were on special for 170 with taxes (aroud 120 euros) brand new :), the momentum's are very good though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: